Anyone else getting...

...bored waiting for these Mags?

I'm thinking of selling my .308 once the three (3) 20-rounders are in my possession.

The calibre is too expensive for plinking, and it is a damn heavy rifle to lug around.

If anyone is interested in a converted, super-nice triggered Saiga .308, make me an offer.

-Kyrinn

I'm thinking of selling my .308 once the three (3) 20-rounders are in my possession.

The calibre is too expensive for plinking, and it is a damn heavy rifle to lug around.

If anyone is interested in a converted, super-nice triggered Saiga .308, make me an offer.

-Kyrinn

I will gladly take your spot on the preorder list. I found out about the preorder a little too late :cryss:

Dude, I will refund your money if you want me to. I am sorry you are bored, but making a new product from scratch takes time. Often more time than we thought.

All you have to do is say the word and I can end your boredom.

Sir,

I don't remember blaming you for my boredom.

I did state that the .308 is a pricey gun to shoot, and that it is big and heavy to tote around. You clearly have nothing to do with either of those.

Thanks for your effort, and my apologies for causing you any grief in venting my woes about this gun.

Truth be told, I'd love to sell her and my 16" AR15 carbine so I can generate funds to buy a new Arsenal SLR-106FR, which again, is no reflection on the magazine delay.

So, please, take it easy, and, FYI, I'm a chick, so next time, please refer to me as Dudette. ;)

Calmly and curteously,

-Kyrinn

I'm interested in getting a saiga in .308. PM me with some pics of your gun if you have them please.

PM sent.

Thanks.

Edited by Kyrinn
I would like to know what you did to get a VERY NICE TRIGGER on your Saiga 308. I just bought a new one and the trigger pull is very heavy.

Thanks,

Retired Sailor

Got it already installed on a converted rifle.

I remember discussing it with the gentleman I traded my SLR-105R to for it. He said he'd not only done the conversion and install, but 'fiddled' with the trigger until he got it as he liked it. It is a beauty to pull.

I'll take his mags if he can't wait.

She'll put you in line behind a couple of others. :) Dinzag has first dibs if I do sell the mags separately.

Best,

-Kyrinn

-Kyrinn

When I get the photos together, I'll put them up in the Items for Sale or Trade, so as not to miff the Admin(s).

Best,

-Kyrinn

LOL! Yes Mam. I did not know you were of the kindly and gentler sex. I will remember the "ette" next time.

Please forgive my response, I have been flooded with negative comments for the (so far) 15 day or so delay in the mags. But I guess if it were easy to do everyone would be doing it and it would not be so expensive to do. And while you did not blame me for your boredom, I am fusterated by the delays as much as everyone else and I feel badly that it has been delayed. So I guess I took it that way.

Either way, my offer still stands to you and everyone else. If you get too fusterate with the delays or for whatever reason we will give you a full and immediate refund.

LOL! Yes Mam. I did not know you were of the kindly and gentler sex. I will remember the "ette" next time.

Please forgive my response, I have been flooded with negative comments for the (so far) 15 day or so delay in the mags. But I guess if it were easy to do everyone would be doing it and it would not be so expensive to do. And while you did not blame me for your boredom, I am fusterated by the delays as much as everyone else and I feel badly that it has been delayed. So I guess I took it that way.

Either way, my offer still stands to you and everyone else. If you get too fusterate with the delays or for whatever reason we will give you a full and immediate refund.

Apologetic PM sent, Pvt.

Best,

-Kyrinn

Kyrinn, the decisions you make about the Saiga are yours, as valid as anyones. I would only comment that I haven't paid much more for S. African .308 than low ball .223 ammo and I like the vastly greater down range performance.

In any event, I love to see involved female shooters. I think an enthusiastic female is worth 10 men in terms of encouraging more women to shoot and dulling the effects of the antis.

Hope you like the new Arsenal, I'll have to Google it as I am not familiar with that gun. Don

My $0.02 is that the Saiga-308 is an excellent battle rifle and will be even more so with the availability of standard military capacity mags. The idea of a battle rifle is to make primarily aimed shots when the enemy is far away, while having the capability of firing a higher capacity at a higher rate when needed.

Another thing to consider is that part of what made the AK such a popular plinker gun is that the high capacity mags were available for single digit prices while 10/22 mags were the majority of $100 each. Now that the ban is gone, we can empty less expensive large magazines of 22lr while being more conservative with our centerfire rifles. With the higher price of X39 and other centerfire rounds, we're more likely to shoot more slowly and keep rapid fire to a minimum, which in my opinion is how we should practice with our rifles.

Kyrinn, the decisions you make about the Saiga are yours, as valid as anyones. I would only comment that I haven't paid much more for S. African .308 than low ball .223 ammo and I like the vastly greater down range performance.

In any event, I love to see involved female shooters. I think an enthusiastic female is worth 10 men in terms of encouraging more women to shoot and dulling the effects of the antis.

Hope you like the new Arsenal, I'll have to Google it as I am not familiar with that gun. Don

They're usually worth 10 men in terms of marksmanship as well.

Harpoon,

Thanks for the encouragement.

I've been less than thrilled with the surplus stuff I've bought, and while BH 175GR BTHP are dead-on accurate, that's way too rich for my blood. I just can't afford shooting even Winchester 147gr. HPs with the same regularity I do fire Rem. UMC 55gr .223.

Here's a photo of my new crush: :wub:

SLR-106FR.jpg

The MSRP is about $850.--

:unsure:

They're usually worth 10 men in terms of marksmanship as well.

:ph34r::)

My $0.02 is that the Saiga-308 is an excellent battle rifle and will be even more so with the availability of standard military capacity mags. The idea of a battle rifle is to make primarily aimed shots when the enemy is far away, while having the capability of firing a higher capacity at a higher rate when needed.

Another thing to consider is that part of what made the AK such a popular plinker gun is that the high capacity mags were available for single digit prices while 10/22 mags were the majority of $100 each. Now that the ban is gone, we can empty less expensive large magazines of 22lr while being more conservative with our centerfire rifles. With the higher price of X39 and other centerfire rounds, we're more likely to shoot more slowly and keep rapid fire to a minimum, which in my opinion is how we should practice with our rifles.

BRG3,

:)

I don't rip through my 5.56 supply unless I'm checking functionality of a short gas system, such as in my 7.3".

Once I saw that my .308 with both 147gr. and 175gr. were spot on, I packed her up.

She functions flawlessly, and when she's slightly rested, so do I at that range.

Perhaps, if I had access to something beyond 100yds, I'd feel more need to practice, but I don't and I don't.

With 5.56, I 'compete' in a monthly Tactical Carbine match, so I practice with that more frequently.

As a 'G' (Statewide gun-carry) Security license holder, I fling a LOT more .40S&W and 9mm down range, because that's my life and livelihood.

My point is: I don't fire my .308 often enough due to high cost, and I'm jonesing for that gorgeous 5.56 AK. Dead simple. :)

I haven't decided yet if I'll keep 'Butch', the .308, but, every time I see that SLR-106FR, I just want one more intensely.

If God grants me the cash or a gift of the SLR, I'll gladly keep 'Butch'.

Thanks for all the input, guys. :D

Best,

-Kyrinn

• 1 month later...

I would like to know what you did to get a VERY NICE TRIGGER on your Saiga 308. I just bought a new one and the trigger pull is very heavy.

Thanks,

Retired Sailor

Got it already installed on a converted rifle.

I remember discussing it with the gentleman I traded my SLR-105R to for it. He said he'd not only done the conversion and install, but 'fiddled' with the trigger until he got it as he liked it. It is a beauty to pull.

Best,

-Kyrinn[/b][/color]

Hehe... that's my old S-.308 she's got. Kyrinn, how's it going?

All I did to the trigger, after grinding th "nub" off the hammer was slick up the mating surfaces and grind the hammer face a bit so it would clear the bolt without hanging.

It's a G2 double hook.

All I did to the trigger, after grinding th "nub" off the hammer was slick up the mating surfaces and grind the hammer face a bit so it would clear the bolt without hanging.

It's a G2 double hook.

Blender,

It is absolutely the nicest trigger I've ever experienced.

If my AR15 triggers would be that nice... :wub:

I've barely shot it, though.

:dollar:

Thanks again. :)

It's a G2 double hook.

Blender,

It is absolutely the nicest trigger I've ever experienced.

If my AR15 triggers would be that nice... :wub:

I've barely shot it, though.

:dollar:

Thanks again. :)

Yeah, I'm about to get to work on a couple of new Saigas; hopefully their triggers will turn out as nice as that one. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I was really impressed with how well the trigger on that .308 turned out, especially for being my first experience with an AK.