308 Conversion?

I was looking for a solution to that very problem, the long creepy trigger pull. I figured if I could get my gun smith to drill two holes in the receiver the same size and position of the ones in my Saiga 12 I could just drop in my old trigger group from my Saiag 12 when I converted it. What you think? Is it worth trying?

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Sep 25 2006, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A little polishing of the mating surfaces goes a long way. The trigger on mine is a long first step of a two step action, the second step is short and crisp.

Don't forget the power of Permatex Anti-seize paste. It penetrates the metal, and increases lubricity/decreases friction. Use it in the pins, and the bearing surfaces after you've polished them. Costs about $4.50 for a jar.

Best,

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G O B @ Sep 25 2006, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

A little polishing of the mating surfaces goes a long way. The trigger on mine is a long first step of a two step action, the second step is short and crisp.

Don't forget the power of Permatex Anti-seize paste. It penetrates the metal, and increases lubricity/decreases friction. Use it in the pins, and the bearing surfaces after you've polished them. Costs about $4.50 for a jar.

Best,

Yea sure use anti seize compound on the receiver, if you like dirt,

burn powder and anything that goes around stick to it, if you

want to lube the inside of the receiver use a dry lube, dry Teflon

or anything like that.

Problems with stick triggers and hammers polish the touching

metals to a mirror and there you go.

And is a way to make the triggers on the regular Saiga adjustable

even cookie crisp, with out doing the conversion, but takes some work

and some how too.