Saiga Conversion Question

I bought a Saiga Conversion CD and I'm a little lost. On page 8 where it shows cutting the two bolts that the stock Saiga trigger rides on it says to pull out at far as you can and then cut off. Are these same bolts used again and how much do I cut??

I took some advice from several here so I will have several more questions I'm sure. I won a Dremel on Ebay today. Where is best place to buy a pistol grip and bullet guide?? Also I already have a US NATO buttstock so will that work as a drop in or will I have to have it to get enough US parts. I will be using a Tapco G2 which I think counts 3 parts. I'm I missing anything yet?? Bobby

Edited by Ky Bob
  • 4 weeks later...

i'm new, seems quiet around here. i just did mine so its fresh for me. the 2 "bolts" that the trigger rides on weren't bolts for me, they were kind of long rivets and i had to drill them out. either way, you will not reuse them. i got my stuff from:

http://www.midwestarmory.com/page3.html

this conversion wite was particualrly helpful, though i did not do everthing just like he did:

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/

good luck.

That Cross-conn website by Sheik was a big help for me. A hammer and punch will go a long way on those cross pins once you drill off the heads of them. Don't forget too that you can keep some of that bottom plate on the receiver so that you have the peice sticking out that stops your safety from going too far.

• 4 weeks later...
That Cross-conn website by Sheik was a big help for me. A hammer and punch will go a long way on those cross pins once you drill off the heads of them. Don't forget too that you can keep some of that bottom plate on the receiver so that you have the piece sticking out that stops your safety from going too far.

I also used Sheik's conversion tutorial. I was scared that I would F__k up my Saiga and waited more than a year before doing the conversion even though I had the US compliance parts. After building an AK from a kit gave me the courage to convert my Saiga and I'm glad I finally did. It looks harder than it really is. You don't have to remove the piece which holds the safety, just reverse the trigger guard and cut off the end so you use one screw to hold it while sliding the other end into the retaining piece. If you want to us AK parts then you can replace it. My bottom plate came off without having to remove the safety retaining plate but this applies to my 7.62x39 rifle, other Saigas and shotguns may differ.