Hi

I need a picture of the left side on the Saiga Sporter and without any magazine inserted.

The rifle must be without any modifications.

If it is anyone who could help me with this i would be very happy.

I need the picture so i could attach it with my license form and get my permit from the police to buy a Saiga.

It must not be a high quality image i´m going to print it out from a Black/White printer.

Thanks!!

/M

Hi

As "Chips" mentioned im from Sweden.

There is no rule that i must attach a picture but if i dont they will do a search on their own and take a look on Izmash website and see a bunch of AK47 then my license form would be throwed in the trash can.

Even a pistolgrip on a rifle is banned so i must show that this is not an assault weapon.

I would keep the Saiga in its original configuration and use it as a plinking rifle, Its very hard to find any other alternative.

The barrel must be over 18" and the rifle must not look like a military rifle so what else does i have to choose from if i want a great plinker in cal .223 or 7,62*39.

The Mini14 is not anything i want to buy.

The price in sweden for a new Mini14 is 1300 USD :eek: they have only been legal a couple of years so the used market is very small.

I think that the Saiga would cost approx half the price compared to a Mini14

/M

Edited by magnus308

Why does the picture have to be of the left side? Most of the Saigas I've seen here are 16 inch barrel versions. You would have to make sure that you got a picture of a Saiga with a longer barrel. This photo is from the importers web site.

post-5-1087948362.jpg

Edited by Tengu

I for one, will not be posting a picture of my serial #.....you ask for a serial # pic is what you ask, i think. ALL serial #'s are left side of reciever as far as I know.

Sorry, i should have mentioned it, dont post your serialnumbers here cover it with a little piece of electrical tape or something.

It does not have to be a 20" barrel on the picture because i must specify the barrel lenght in the license form and if my specification is not correct then i would be spending the rest of my life without guns.

The reason why i asked for the left side is that the rifle looks more like a hunting rifle on that side.

As i wrote before all combat look alike guns is banned and it´s up to the person on the police department to say if it looks like a combat rifle or not.

Thanks to everyone who tried.

/Magnus

I for one, will not be posting a picture of my serial #.....you ask for a serial # pic is what you ask, i think. ALL serial #'s are left side of reciever as far as I know.

i think you need to relax a little, not everyone is after your gun. magnus308 just wanted a pix to let him get one, not yours.

:haha: dude isn't it time for your meds? :eek:

i think you need to relax a little, not everyone is after your gun. magnus308 just wanted a pix to let him get one, not yours.

:haha: dude isn't it time for your meds? :eek:

thats the same reason why i didnt post a picture of mine. i sure as hell dont want my serial number floating around all over the place.

here is an SAR1 (top, romainian AK, banned and probably one of the ones caught going into africa against UN sanctions, which is how my countrymen bought it. ROCK BOTTOM $$$) against the SAiGA12 (bottom)...both are left hand pics, that should be right how you asked.....good luck pulling #'s off them.... i would like to point out i took about 20 good close up pics of my saiga12 vs my sar1, and they do NOT match up. general parts do, not holes or whatever else for the most part....i can post more in a new thread of ya'll need them for reference or arguement's sake...

post-5-1088124236.jpg

looking again now that i posted this, as well as the close look i took taking this pic, i think all ak's can go back to the 7.62 round. you would need a saiga12 or saiga 308 reciever to make a good long-throw action though. i wouldnt go top to bottom in that pic, but i would think bottom to top would be workable.....

• 4 weeks later...

It is approx 3 weeks since i posted my license form to the police department so i called them today and the nice lady i spoke with told me that the Saiga was too easy to convert to a fullauto so i would recieve my license form within a week with a "Not approved" stamp on it.

she asked me if i want to buy another gun instead and i answered,yes i take a Mini-14 instead of the Saiga.

A mini-14 cost 1300USD here (Yes i know i am an idiot)

/Magnus

Edited by magnus308