US Manufactured Saiga 20-Round HiCap Magazine Review

The new base plates fit fine and the retainment plate should also fit once the mags are opened up a hair. They still work like this, but it's dificult to assemble.

I had the same trouble as KF, using the factory follower. When I switched to the slightly narrower LAGE follower, the mag ran 20 rounds, no problem.

The lockup in the gun and feed angle to the chamber is absolutely dead nuts on the money.

With a slightly wider mag body or a slightly narrower follower, these babies are gonna rock. I have no worries.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they get Tony's endorsement, that's good enough for me. I can't wait to see the final product. If the past 4 months have been an agonizing wait, the next few weeks are really making me anxious.

Kudos to FBMG and the beta testers - I feel confident that we'll be getting a quality product.

I just left the Tromix compound, and I can tell you the mag looks fucking great.

James, you've done an outstanding job with this project. I've done quite a few designs for injection molding so I know the difficulties.

Guys, you won't be disappointed. This thing is beautiful. Oh and it's black...not purple.

So, no one's yet made a "ribbed, for her pleasure" joke about the new mags?

I'm disappointed in ya'all, really.

I think I'm the only 'her' on here.

I'll have all the pleasure I can handle when I get my magazines. :) !

BTW, the ribbed look is wicked-cool.

Edited by Kyrinn
I conducted Part Two of this review at the Troy Ohio Fish & Game Firing Range.

I utilized some surplus Indian .308 ammo that I had acquired about three years ago and shot a total of around 60-70 rounds. I was pressed for time and had to cut the range-time short.

The test weapon was a Saiga 16" Sporter Rifle that had been retrofitted to MilSpec AK configuration by In Range of Kodak Tennessee.

I loaded 10 rounds initially and experienced no difficulty with the magazine:

Loading 10 rounds into the FBMG 20-Round Saiga Magazine

I then fired 10 rounds with no jams:

Firing 10 rounds from the FBMG 20-Round Saiga Magazine

I then turned the weapon over to fellow board member, Evo, and he fired off 10 rounds:

Firing another 10 rounds from the FBMG 20-Round Saiga Magazine

I then proceeded to load 20 rounds into the magazine and experienced a bit of difficulty around the 11th round. I then loaded the magazine into the weapon, racked the bolt and attempted to cycle through 20 rounds. The weapon did not want to feed well with 20 rounds loaded. We attributed that to a previously identified condition that FBMG had identified to us, and that was a narrow channel within the magazine that was causing the follower to bind.

Attempting to fire 20 rounds from the FBMG 20-Round Saiga Magazine

I unloaded the magazine, loaded 10 rounds and the magazine functioned as expected. I did this a couple of more times with no jams. I then attempted another 20 round load, but experienced difficulty again. I then packed up the weapon and headed home. I consulted with James on the phone this morning to give him my preliminary findings, and told him the review was not able to be completed. He agreed and we continued our conversation with emphasis on the specifications of the magazine, etc. He told me he was putting another magazine body in the mail today and sending to me for further testing. Once I receive the second magazine body, I will continue the test and post my review.

KF

I suppose that you were selected for beta testing for your honesty.

Good job! This will inevitably lead to superior mags.

Thank god that there are business people who actually care about the people who consume their product.

In SF there is a saying about family and family problems. "If you ignore them, they will go away!" The same applies in retail. We care a great deal about our customers and providing the best service we can. That is why we make it a point to team up with other companies that have the same goals. Tromix has an excellent track record as does Atlantic and Krebs. That is why we have ask these other companies to help distribute the mags.

I chose these two people to test them because of their high profile status and reputation in the community. They did not get here kissing ass, buttering people up or putting up with bullshit. I knew they would give me an honest review good or bad and one that I could count on to be very detailed and objective.

Yes, we have had our delays, we have had some set backs. But I swore to you guys we would not stop once we started and we can not tell you all how much we appreciate you guys having faith in us and standing by us thru the delays. We wont forget it.

In SF there is a saying about family and family problems. "If you ignore them, they will go away!" The same applies in retail. We care a great deal about our customers and providing the best service we can. That is why we make it a point to team up with other companies that have the same goals. Tromix has an excellent track record as does Atlantic and Krebs. That is why we have ask these other companies to help distribute the mags.

I chose these two people to test them because of their high profile status and reputation in the community. They did not get here kissing ass, buttering people up or putting up with bullshit. I knew they would give me an honest review good or bad and one that I could count on to be very detailed and objective.

Yes, we have had our delays, we have had some set backs. But I swore to you guys we would not stop once we started and we can not tell you all how much we appreciate you guys having faith in us and standing by us thru the delays. We wont forget it.

I NEVER had ANY doubt. THANKS AGAIN!

Well see, all the more reason for the joke to have been made earlier :haha:

Well see, all the more reason for the joke to have been made earlier :haha:

:D

I know ive seen that white ink at the copy shop....make a rubber stamp, I think....it would be similar to what eagle arms stamps the front of thier lowers with.....that would be

TRE COOL

"the funny bunny"

O.S.O.K. - not that difficult. go have a 1" rubber stamper made for a couple bucks and get some ink.

Yeah, I know, the point is that I'll be very happy to have em just like they are right now - only in my hands! And if we're going to ask for anything, lets ask for a follow-up deal for the people that pre-ordered. ;)

I just went and looked at the starting post with the pics again (nicely done BTW) - man, I can't wait :D

Edited by O.S.O.K.

no, manuf. date. some govt's go by that. a bunny logo, and maybe a USA on it. maybe the fuzzy bunny in a flag. now that would complete it. USA #1. by fuzzy bunny.

you fuckin go guys. right on.

:P

:super: I agree totally with the 'Silver Bunny USA" stamp and the 'NO MFR DATE" -NO need to get anyone sniffing around or anyone of us in 'trouble' if you know what I mean.

Also a FBMG bunny sticker is a great idea-anyone asks- tell the it means- 'Fucking Big Machine Guns!' or 'For Big Macho Guys/Gals!- :lolol::lolol::rolleyes:

Also a big 'HI there' to Kyrinn-sorry I totally dropped the ball in emails! hope you are progressing well in all your endeavors. i was going to try to get your 308 from you if you were going to sell it!! Glad you are keeping it! :super:

:super: I agree totally with the 'Silver Bunny USA" stamp and the 'NO MFR DATE" -NO need to get anyone sniffing around or anyone of us in 'trouble' if you know what I mean.

Also a FBMG bunny sticker is a great idea-anyone asks- tell the it means- 'Fucking Big Machine Guns!' or 'For Big Macho Guys/Gals!- :lolol::lolol::rolleyes:

Also a big 'HI there' to Kyrinn-sorry I totally dropped the ball in emails! hope you are progressing well in all your endeavors. i was going to try to get your 308 from you if you were going to sell it!! Glad you are keeping it! :super:

LoL.

Yeah, I'm hangin' in there.

Busy building ARs at the moment. I've got a bad case of Black Rifle Disease.

Looking forward to showing off the 20-rounders when they arrive.

Keep on keepin'-on,

-Kyrinn

sometimes you just have to have faith!!! I am glad I placed my preorder as a matter of fact 2 orders and can hardly wait ....it seems our patience and trust are being rewarded, the eval magazines look great and I am sure the bugs will be ironed out, it is nice to see a company so dedicated to pleasing their customers, this will not be my only order and it is a pleasure doing business with FBMG .... your choice of logo will be just fine with me...keep up the good work (order CG in 36312)