Well, it's been a long time, but damn if I didn't start feeling nostalgic for this place and you guys. Besides, I actually have a picture of me with a gun now! lol All this time, and it doesn't even end up being a saiga... Oh well. You'll take me back anyway right?

FOIDcard053.jpg

That's my AR15. It was painstakingly assembled so as to be as close as legally possible to the one that Dad carried in Vietnam. The upper assembly, except for the bolt/carrier and charging handle, is original Colt manufactured M16. It even has CMP stamped on the barrel. In the early 70's, they'd switched to the birdcage style flash-hider and had the tear-drop shaped forward assist. The pistol-grip was New Old Stock. That is, it was made way-back-when, but never issued. It set me back $3. The buttstock is odd because it has the fixed sling loop of the A2, and a trap-door, but it's still the light plastic with the ridged butt-plate. The bore is chrome lined, but I have no idea what the twist rate is. It will put five rounds of M193 into a 2 inch circle (maybe a little less, but I'm going with what I *know* it will do). That is, the group is roughly star shaped. It's much better accurracy than I expected, to be honest. The lower receiver came from Rock River Arms, as did the internal parts. I did the assembly myself. In case you're wondering, the bayoney is dated '71 and the sling and magazine are as original as they get. I did add one thing that Dad didn't have: a Colt 3x20 scope. It holds zero, allows for *easy* acquisition of the iron sights, and allows the same accuracy as the irons. Not for sniping, obviously, but very servicable.

Oh, and that's me holding it, of course. This picture was taken.... a few months ago? I'm as good with dates as ever, as you can see. Had to set up the camera on a timer. What a witch that was. My photographer wasn't available, so I had to improvise. It's all good though. Other than that, I just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone. It feels like it's been forever. I don't know how active I'll be here, but I'm around either way.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Geez..... I haven't shown this. Me, last February and five months later after a 92 lb weight loss. Strictly diet and excersize. No surgery. I went from a size 46 pants to a 36. 3x shirt to a Lg or Xl

Couldn't resist Drew. Hope you like it.  

WHUT?

Posted Images

Hi all

I figured it's time to post a pic or two of me. I don't have very many, but here's some. Except for the eye picture, they're a bit older.

The first is an old pic of me with an air powered arrow rifle. It shoots 16" arrows around 500 FPS. That grouping was from 75 yards.

arrowgun.jpg

I belong to a medeival recreation group where we put on armor and hit each other (full contact) with sticks.

samurai.jpg

This is what happens when a couple stay pellets hit you in the eye from a ricochet. I was extremely lucky that they had most of their power depleted by this point, or I would have lost my eye. The moral of the story is: WEAR EYE PROTECTION! :chris:

eyelidpic2.jpg

This last pic I didn't post directly, as some may find it disturbing. If you thought the pellets to the eye were bad, this would really ruin your day (it did mine). Almost 20 years ago I was in the Army down in Ft. Sherman Panama. During a joint task force mission as part of the war on drugs, some of us helped take out a drug refinery. Obviously, the owner didn't like it and some of his people were a little upset. They opened fire on us.

Because I was really close to one guy and he didn't know I was there, I was able to take a shotgun away from him. Trouble was, during the couple seconds it took to do so, the weapon discharged when I had my hand over the barrel (my hand slipped). Needless to say, I wasn't happy. The shot when through my right palm and out the back of my wrist. Some of it peppered my shoulder/armpit area, but didn't do much damage there. My hand was pretty FUBAR though.

Here is a link to the pic of my hand after it was cleaned up a bit.

Corbin

Edited by Corbin
Hi all

I figured it's time to post a pic or two of me. I don't have very many, but here's some. Except for the eye picture, they're a bit older.

I belong to a medeival recreation group where we put on armor and hit each other (full contact) with sticks.

samurai.jpg

Corbin

Hmmm,

Kinda looks like a rhino-hide to me....................

:haha:

Corbin: The armor is awesome. I've always wanted a set, but never got around to putting together the neccessary materials. I've rubbed elbows with SCA folks, but they just couldn't convince me to join. If only they'd been offering cut & thrust fencing, I would have gone for it.

Corbin: The armor is awesome. I've always wanted a set, but never got around to putting together the neccessary materials. I've rubbed elbows with SCA folks, but they just couldn't convince me to join. If only they'd been offering cut & thrust fencing, I would have gone for it.

Most of the areas now have "wire wienies"!

:haha:

Great pics everyone - don't think too many zombies would want to mess with us! Here I am last week celbrating the Inaugural at the bug out cabin somewhere in central TX. Guess I'll have to re-stock the booze cabnet since I polished off all the old Conagc and stale Bicarrdi (yum) during the festivities....

post-7063-1233175207_thumb.jpg

Practicing my survival skills while I was there:

post-7063-1233175310_thumb.jpg

Edited by BullShark012

012-8.jpg

Thats me out in the country. Central California can get real purdy this time of the year. Myself and some other Calguns.net members are gonna be heading back out there in a few weeks. After all this rain and snow it'll be real green. We were blowing the shit out of some stuff with Tannerite. I have my Russian twins, an AR and my trusty Glock 17 with 22 rd mags, yeah it's all legal.

This is me posing with what my wife refers to as my "girlfriend". She isn't the biggest or the baddest gun, but she is the best gun I own. There is a reason for that. I have found that the best gun is the one you have with you when needed. This little gal is always on me unless I'm in the shower and even then she's close. :super:

Sorry to clutter up the site with my mug, but what the heck. :rolleyes:

post-15357-1234772541_thumb.jpg

Edited by SECoyote
I got a tat on my butt cheek of elmer fudd saying "Get out of that hole! you Wascally Wabbit!"

Would be funny (ironic? :unsure: ) if you had to visit a proctologist named Dr. Elmer Fudd once. :devil:

Or if the proctologist was nicknamed "Bugs"..................