• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Geez..... I haven't shown this. Me, last February and five months later after a 92 lb weight loss. Strictly diet and excersize. No surgery. I went from a size 46 pants to a 36. 3x shirt to a Lg or Xl

Couldn't resist Drew. Hope you like it.  

WHUT?

Posted Images

Here are a few pics of me a couple weeks ago at a demo show for a church event. I'm 32 but still ride bmx bikes when I'm not doing anything firearms related. Notice the Izhmash sticker on my helmet right above my ear.

post-6703-12528946369175_thumb.jpg

post-6703-12528946764115_thumb.jpg

post-6703-12528947252904_thumb.jpg

Those are some bad-ass pics!

You ever see the movie "Rad"? The old 80's BMX movie. I had it on VHS when I was a kid (I'm 26 now) and have probably seen it 100 times. I recently found it online and watched it again. Still love it. Bad-ass opening scene with the "flatland" style riding.

Here are a few pics of me a couple weeks ago at a demo show for a church event. I'm 32 but still ride bmx bikes when I'm not doing anything firearms related. Notice the Izhmash sticker on my helmet right above my ear....

Pretty cool and nice pics!

I am with you on the bikes. I am still thinking about trying to road race again, even at my age, if only in the Masters! :lolol:

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the er.. "range".

Figure I'd update...

Should have had one taken W/ the "reach out & touch someone" Endfield in 30-06 & one double shooting pistols, But it started hailing.

post-19652-12547105597013_thumb.jpgpost-19652-12547107116395_thumb.jpg

post-19652-1254710772139_thumb.jpgpost-19652-12547108220322_thumb.jpg

post-19652-12547106287143_thumb.jpgpost-19652-12547109087818_thumb.jpg

post-19652-12547110158411_thumb.jpg

:blues:

Edited by Paulyski

yeh, i kinda figured you wear a suit, and know guns, paul!

yehp, thats kinda what I figured. good deal.put your elbows down, and open both eyes, is my suggestion..... :)

Yeah, it probably doesn't look right without a bayonet. But that is the stance I learned for advancing on targets w/ a bayoneted riffle.

Note the sling placement in the 2nd & 3rd pics. The sling braced on your left arm ties the riffle to your arm for stability, thus accuracy. It should be back up, looping behind my left elbow more to lock up tight in the 2nd pic..

It also keeps it attached to you during bayonet fighting if you should end up playing tug of war.

The right elbow up puts you in the right ergonomics for a quick bayonet strike, if caught off guard. The sling braces the rifle enough to my forearm to compensate for my right arm being up like that.

This is becoming a lost technique for using the 2 point sling. I always use 2pt. slings for this very reason. It makes standing & shooting much more accurate for me.

I guess this shows how old the guys who taught me to shoot were... WWII

I really do need to finish the AKS-12 conversion & make the Plumb bayonet fit.

As for one eye closed, I see double when I look through the sights with both eyes open.

I also really need to get my AK sights put on, to tighten the sight picture for slugs. The factory set has the flippin "grand canyon" in the back & a "needle" in front. @ 50 yards I am getting 8-10" groups w/ riffled slugs, but I am sure I could do better with tighter sights.

Note the "made by me" recoil pad... I need to get a real one, as a AK takeoff stock hurts a LOT without them when shooting 3" magnum slugs.

Edited by Paulyski
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Gunpowder Treason & Plot Gimp:

img3989wii.jpg

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran; cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi; now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Penny for the Guy?(He needs all the pennies he can get with his new Saiga 12 restoration project & addiction.)

Deadliest weapon I've ever "handled":

preDBB52.jpg

me, crashing the B-52 50th Anniversary party and getting a cockpit checkout from a retired wing-commander

More practical:

db-tsmg.jpg

checking out a Class 2 FFL friend's full-auto 1928A1 Thompson

channeling "St. Douglas of Bataan":

DB-BB63.jpg

aboard USS Missouri

Or just see av in a few minutes.

yeh, i kinda figured you wear a suit, and know guns, paul!

yehp, thats kinda what I figured. good deal.put your elbows down, and open both eyes, is my suggestion..... :)

Yeah, it probably doesn't look right without a bayonet. But that is the stance I learned for advancing on targets w/ a bayoneted riffle.

Note the sling placement in the 2nd & 3rd pics. The sling braced on your left arm ties the riffle to your arm for stability, thus accuracy. It should be back up, looping behind my left elbow more to lock up tight in the 2nd pic..

It also keeps it attached to you during bayonet fighting if you should end up playing tug of war.

The right elbow up puts you in the right ergonomics for a quick bayonet strike, if caught off guard. The sling braces the rifle enough to my forearm to compensate for my right arm being up like that.

This is becoming a lost technique for using the 2 point sling. I always use 2pt. slings for this very reason. It makes standing & shooting much more accurate for me.

I guess this shows how old the guys who taught me to shoot were... WWII

I really do need to finish the AKS-12 conversion & make the Plumb bayonet fit.

As for one eye closed, I see double when I look through the sights with both eyes open.

I also really need to get my AK sights put on, to tighten the sight picture for slugs. The factory set has the flippin "grand canyon" in the back & a "needle" in front. @ 50 yards I am getting 8-10" groups w/ riffled slugs, but I am sure I could do better with tighter sights.

Note the "made by me" recoil pad... I need to get a real one, as a AK takeoff stock hurts a LOT without them when shooting 3" magnum slugs.

Did that "training" you received also teach you that awesome trigger control? Or is that just for the sake of posing? :rolleyes: I hope for the sake of whoever is taking the pics, that's a bolt face I see in at least one of those pics.:unsure:

Other than that, nice looking weapon! :super: