:cryss:

yeh, i kinda figured you wear a suit, and know guns, paul!

yehp, thats kinda what I figured. good deal.put your elbows down, and open both eyes, is my suggestion..... :)

Yeah, it probably doesn't look right without a bayonet. But that is the stance I learned for advancing on targets w/ a bayoneted riffle.

Note the sling placement in the 2nd & 3rd pics. The sling braced on your left arm ties the riffle to your arm for stability, thus accuracy. It should be back up, looping behind my left elbow more to lock up tight in the 2nd pic..

It also keeps it attached to you during bayonet fighting if you should end up playing tug of war.

The right elbow up puts you in the right ergonomics for a quick bayonet strike, if caught off guard. The sling braces the rifle enough to my forearm to compensate for my right arm being up like that.

This is becoming a lost technique for using the 2 point sling. I always use 2pt. slings for this very reason. It makes standing & shooting much more accurate for me.

I guess this shows how old the guys who taught me to shoot were... WWII

I really do need to finish the AKS-12 conversion & make the Plumb bayonet fit.

As for one eye closed, I see double when I look through the sights with both eyes open.

I also really need to get my AK sights put on, to tighten the sight picture for slugs. The factory set has the flippin "grand canyon" in the back & a "needle" in front. @ 50 yards I am getting 8-10" groups w/ riffled slugs, but I am sure I could do better with tighter sights.

Note the "made by me" recoil pad... I need to get a real one, as a AK takeoff stock hurts a LOT without them when shooting 3" magnum slugs.

Did that "training" you received also teach you that awesome trigger control? Or is that just for the sake of posing? :rolleyes:I hope for the sake of whoever is taking the pics, that's a bolt face I see in at least one of those pics.:unsure:

Other than that, nice looking weapon! :super:

I said "taught". By putting quotation marks on your word "training" you imply that I said that. I did not. I WAS taught, & now I DO train. There is a difference. It's Ok. I'm just clarifying though.

As evidenced by the firing pin in the center of the bolt face, Yes, completely unloaded. I even dry fired before that shot.

post-19652-12583355935181.jpg

As far as I go up into the end of the world to shoot, there is no room for fuckups.

No cell signal, No ambulances, No cops... No Shit.

I would however recommend learning how to stabilize a long gun with a 2 pt. sling to everyone. Unless you want to drop to prone, or sitting every time you make a shot, it could GREATLY improve your accuracy.

Also in a true SHTF situation, knowing how to properly utilize a bayonet is vital.

I need to get a tripod because I want to take some pics of me advancing on the camera while firing.

I will use an old camera, just in case my aim is off, but I will be firing VERY close to the camera, just because I am curious to see what the last thing someone would see is.

:blues:

Edited by Paulyski
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Geez..... I haven't shown this. Me, last February and five months later after a 92 lb weight loss. Strictly diet and excersize. No surgery. I went from a size 46 pants to a 36. 3x shirt to a Lg or Xl

Couldn't resist Drew. Hope you like it.  

WHUT?

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

This is me last week at my residence.

I'm your avg white male 30-45. Ex-military type.

I do some PI work (and other work) 005.gif and alot of un-savory types don't like me. 007.gif

post-8775-12595408460323.jpg

While not very politically correct, I made the effort.

Edited by YWHIC--OutOfLine

Well since it's apparently a cool fashion statement these days :rolleyes:

post-1293-12595478216508_thumb.jpg

Here's one of me and Blackie back when I was carrying a little too much weight around...lol. (yeah that's a Halo rail on there....)

And yes I DO have a tripod and a timer. (disclaimer....no camera operators were harmed or in fear of their lives while this was taken)

post-1293-12595484231401_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd post a new pic of me but unfortunately I was trying to be cool and take one of thos pictures where I'm aiming a rifle at you but accidentally shot my camera. Not to worry, it only grazed my wife holding it. A few band-aids and a 12 pack of Bud Light and shes doin fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just found this while going through my pics folder. It's from last year. The day I took my sister shooting for her first experience ever. It was a good day.

This specific pic is the result of me being frustrated at not being able to shoot flying apples with my S-12 (my fault, not the gun's). So I just shot them as they laid on the ground. Perfect timing with the pic though, she caught the splatter pretty good. :lolol:

post-5916-12667234234004_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Edited to add...

THIS VERSION might be a little better...

post-721-1266275380331_thumb.jpg

:up:

Dogo???

Almost looks more like a white Boxer, to me. Dogo Argentino's are BAD-ASS looking dogs, BTW.

well, back on topic, heres a picture of me from the last florida saiga shoot. note the smile.

Steve-O?

I can see it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, looks like that sure killed this thread dead!

(Yes, I know I have a sick sense of humor... I just thought, well, without mentioning any names, a lot of these pics looked kind of... gay! I figured a quick Google Images search was in order, see what I could come up with that'd be in the spirit of this thread! :devil::lolol:)

Edited by type44q

Wow, looks like that sure killed this thread dead!

(Yes, I know I have a sick sense of humor... I just thought, well, without mentioning any names, a lot of these pics looked kind of... gay! I figured a quick Google Images search was in order, see what I could come up with that'd be in the spirit of this thread! :devil::lolol:)

just seems to me that you like to google gay things on the internet. i figured even some gays liked guns