Got my Saiga 12!

Finally got my Saiga 12. It's a 19" threaded barrel model with fixed distance sights. It has the AK scope rail built into the left side of the receiver and the bolt hold open button. Already installed my Blackjack AK buffer in the gun. Haven't shot it yet (hopefully will do some 4th of July blasting!)

I'm surprised it didn't come with the adjustable leaf sight. Any suggestions for improved sights? Also, is it normal for the "piston" to slide freely a short distance forward and back? I assume it just slows the velocity of the gas, because it's not connected to anything. It's supposed to be like that, right... or was Ivan hitting the vodka a little hard that day?

Edited by GTwannabe

It is part of the design. The different pressure curve,volume of gas, and the slower moving projectile than a rifle is why it is there.

If you want better sights that is why there is a scope rail on the side of the receiver.

www.eaacorp.com is the US importer of Baikal factory weapons. The saiga is one of them. You would have to pay a little more than the surplus warehouses that buy up large quantities of commonly configured weapons though. Baikal imports a nice side by side coach gun im looking at buying through them.

I ordered the gun through my local gun store. I don't intend to scope the gun, but what kind of optics would work well bolted to the AK scope mount?

Look into Koba optics as dicussed in the thread linked below:

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.p...threadid=183731

You can absolutely trust Tantal. Email him for current pricing, He will respond very quickly. Awesome selection and service.

The link below leads to his page. Lots of graphics and content. . . . .beware if you're on dial-up!

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/