Hey KYsolder, is that Savage the model with the factory adjustable trigger? I've been checking those out, they look pretty cool! How does it stand up to the old stand by - rem 700, I wonder? For feel and ease of operation, I mean.

and, what kind of stock is that?

Edited by Siagalova

Good stuff all.

KY, That's a Knoxx industries top stock folder on your 870, right? How do you like it? How does the wire rear end compare comfort wise with a conventional stock? Have you done as they advertise and shot it one-handed (off shoulder?)

I called them a bit back, they said that they have the bugs worked out of the drum/stick mag conversion they make. I'm toying with building up a mossy into a comp gun, if so I'd like to add a recoil reducing stock. Compstock or the folder, haven't decided yet although the folder gets high marks in the looks department.

TIA

Saigalova: Yes, that is one of the newer models with the "accu-trigger" which is adjustable from I think 6-1.5 lbs. I have is set at its most sensitive. I was looking for an accurate rifle and when I saw a review on a hunting show a while back on the new trigger, I was sold! The trigger is easy to adjust and I have no complaints at all with the gun. The Rem 700 was the other one I was looking at because it has made such a name for itself. Haven't shot one though, so I can't give you a comparison, but I can answer any questions you have on the Savage. Mine's the .308 and has the longer free floating barrel (26in) on a Choate stock. Basically it is a police sniper rifle. I've thought of taking it hunting, because it is SOOO accurate, but it's a bit heavy. If you are looking at one for hunting, they make them with standard stocks with the adjustable trigger in a couple barrel lengths and calibers. One advantage of my stock that I love at the range is that it is adjustable for height. The pic online doesn't show it (and you can barely see it in my photo) but on the bottom of the stock is a knob that turns so that the rifle can sit at the exact angle to be on target, leaving you to only have to pull the trigger. If you want a better pic, let me know, I'll post one. The buttpad has thick rubber on it and it has a powerful sound/recoil. The bolt has a very smooth action.

http://www.savagearms.com/10fple2a.htm

(their website price is high)

Edited by KySoldier

kmoore: You guessed it...I like accessorizing things and that stock really jumped out at me. It folds quickly/easily and yeah, I've shot it one handed (like a pistol with one or two hands). The only problem really is that you can't have the ammo caddie on the side, but I've got 7rounds anyway, so I'm not really missing it ;) As far as comfort, it is fine for me, I shoot pidgins with it and occasionally slugs. If you are a smaller guy or recoil sensitive, you may not like it since it is a bit wide and thin in the back.

My friend's been looking at the sidewinder drum/mag kit for a Mossberg too. For competition, I'd say the Compstock would be the better choice, although it isn't as good looking, it has a larger surface and recoil pad (the wire has no recoild pad). For home defense, the wire stock is great and simple to use.

Hi all

I have posted piks of my guns in another thread on here but i am posting again as i have a new gun in my collection now and have modified my ak103.

I am from England so this will give you an idea of the types of weapons we are allowed to own and shoot.

In this pik are my (from left to right)

Browning B-80 semi auto 12g shotgun

Yugo mauser 7.92mm 98k 1944

Lee enfield No4 long branch .303 1945

Anschutz match 54 .22lr 1972

post-9-1088882846.jpg

Edited by ASSASSIN

And here are my favorites

from left to right (as if i needed to mention it)

Saiga 12c with pko-1 red dot + muzzle brake

Ak 103 7.62x39mm modified with laminate wood front handguards and side folding krinkov skeleton stock and posp 8x42 scope

all the best

assassin

post-9-1088883092.jpg

Edited by ASSASSIN

:super::smoke: AND here are pics of my old rifles- Czech VZ24 8MM with 20round WW1 'Trench Mag' ,Steyr Mannlicher M95 in 8x56R(odd bbullet dia-cannot reload), and M47 Russian 'moist nugget' carbine 7.62x54R(shoots through crack houses). I will have to tell you all this advice- I have some 5/8" steel plates that my friends and I shoot at and at around 100 yds ALL 3 of these rounds will ALMOST go through!! I would NOT feel safe behind a car,truck or building(unless solid brick or concrete,etc) when facing one of these rounds out to 2-300yds. Again I apologize for the pics.

My handguns consist of a browning HP,Glock 24-longslide,no longer made,and a glock 19 with the serial # of-get this GM666-I call it the devils left hand since I am LH :devil::haha: Great pics all!!

post-9-1088926447.jpg

Hi saltpeter

what spas12 is trying to show is that this company in England makes ar type rifles as lever actions in 9mm (now discontinued) and .30M1 carbine. he should have given you this link

http://www.southern-gun.co.uk/rifle.php?itemid=33

the pistol grip is styled after the colt 1911a1 and has to be swung foreward and allowed to slam back into its original position to load and cock the gun so it is in all essence a lever action but a very un-conventional one. as you can see a mag adapter scales down the mag well for the standard .30 M1 mags (the 9mm version used UZI mags)

the 9mm version was dis-continued as the short case length of the 9mm luger round gave feed / extraction problems and so was less than 100% reliable. To my knowledge these are only made and sold in the U.K

all the best

assassin

Edited by ASSASSIN

Hi again saltpeter

here is a scan from one of my gun mags as it better illustrates the la-30 guns action , now you can clearly see the lever type action. the pik on the website gave the impression of a semi-auto unless you actually knew it was a dedicated lever action.

all the best

assassin

post-9-1088969213.jpg

makes me wonder if the legislation is passed when they extend the AWB to append it with all that crap they want to add to it, what will be available here thats like that.

All you nasty boys with all those nasty guns. My, my, What's this world comming to? Acquired my first 22 when I was 12 and I caught the sickness. Been adding about 2 pieces a year to my collection. I'm 68 now so guess I've about filled up a small room. Stuff ranges from the late 1800's up thru the black guns, Saigas and the Arsenal, Inc Ak's. Keep telling my wife that this is the last one I'm buying but she knows that's B.S. in it's purest form. Wish I had a digital camera and knew how to use the thing and could send picts over this electronic gadegtry but I find all this new stuff too damn complicated, all the buttons and print too small. Enjoy seeing your stuff and wish I could stick around to see all the toys you acquire by the time you all hit the "golden years". (That phrase is B.S. to)

aka108: can i be in the will? :) promise i wont sell em, and will will them to my kids when i go in a hole. kidding...not really, but lets just say that I am, ok :) you could take a normal picture and bring it to a copy shop and have it scanned onto a floppy disk for a couple dollars, by the way. I bet you have an interesting collection.

on a side note, my local dealer was showing me some pictures they took up in maine at a machingun meet. some noob walked into the shop and was oogling the pics of the quad AA guns, and commented "jeese, isnt that what terrorists use?" ...needless to say, i saved my dealer the breath and spoke up quite calmly "no, thats what we use on terrorists" ...the guy was pretty quiet after that LOL. we were trying to explain pre-post ban assault weapons to him, but he didnt seem to get it. instead he was looking at the norinco folder hanging from the ceiling for 1400 bucks. i would rather have seen the guy buy a saiga 7.62 or one of the SAR1's there right THEN and step up to the plate of gun ownership. I dont think he bought anything, but let's hope he did, and that there is another convert out there.

we were going through a shooting buddy of mine's collection, looking for old and rare guns, (which he has a few that i had some idea about), but I am wondering what this is? is it a gallery gun or an aviator's survival rifle? its .22lr single shot.

post-9-1089613588.jpg

Bvamp,

That looks alot like a .22 RF survival/plinker rifle reviewed in Shotgun News about a year back (except now, I cvan't remember the company who manufactured it to save my life). "Meridian" sticks out in my mind though (or maybe Cooney). The guy who wrote the article collects them.

year? rough guess if not an educated one, might I ask a guess (even if its off) a price? friend? Ill make him buy you a box of sabots or sumthin, thanks a bunch. didnt want to harrass jcdevice.com with this one....maybe i should

Edited by Bvamp
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wanted to post a new reply here so that some members found this link and posted thier collections in here. noticing there are more pics of whole collections, and I think people dont realise we have a special thread for them......