AGP 10 rd mag test results.

Alright kickass it finally happened!

May we never again hear the word "vaporware" associated with these mags! They are real, they are functional, and they are AWESOME!

Came well packaged and ready to rock.

This one was even pretested and has the pleasant aroma of new mag smell mixed with burnt gunpowder mmmm :wub:

Like with most of my favorite new toys I immediately disassembled it and checked out the quality. VERY NICE!

post-1293-1161288047_thumb.jpg

The floorplate fits snug but is easily removed.

It is clearly marked "AGP Arms AZ. U.S.A."

With a little dremel work it can be made to fit the factory Saiga mags! *This is good*

post-1293-1161288087_thumb.jpg

The spring base is identical to the factory 8 rdr but built heavier.

Nice springs Kevin. Very stout. Is this stainless?

The AZ. U.S.A. marked follower is also very similar to the 8 rdr and will fit and function in the 8 rdr! *This is also very good*

Two more available compliance parts checked off the list!

The bodies are beautiful! Very sturdy with reinforcing ribs and 9 stainless steel torx screws holding the two halves together. Mag lips look exactly like the Russian ones and are held in place the same way.

The body is also stamped AGP ARMS INC AZ, USA...Sweet!

post-1293-1161288790_thumb.jpg

Fit and Function:

The mag is a little snug at the front egdes of the magwell on my guns but not a big deal. I test fitted it in 6 different ones and it fit in all but was tight in a couple of the new ones. Locks up nice and tight in all of them.

One final bonus... It Looks freakin' AWESOME! :devil:

post-1293-1161288676_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1161288702_thumb.jpg

Now for the Function

Loads easily to capacity (10 rds) and is very easy to load on a closed bolt! **VERY GOOD THING**

post-1293-1161288125_thumb.jpg

There is plenty of room for spring compression with a full mag.

post-1293-1161288165_thumb.jpg

I hand cycled three full mags of the pickiest shells there are in an S-12 from my experience, the Winchester low brass cheapo stuff, and had no issues.

:devil: Time to head out to the range and have some fun! :smoke::super:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't aware that the two halves were gonna be screwed together... I don't really care, as long as it works.

I can't get over the sheer SIZE of that thing (heheheh)... how much longer is it than a factory 8-rounder? Can't imagine them fitting in any known mag pouch, which limits their practical use. I find the 8's to be borderline unwieldly; these 10s look like absolute monsters!

I fully intend to buy the two I pre-ordered, but don't anticipate getting any more than that. The competition guys will probably eat 'em up; it will be interesting to see the ways they devise to carry several.

Edited by shooter2

I like the fact that the 10 round mag sounds like it will be able to be loaded on the closed bolt. The Saiga I bought has the factory installed bolt hold open but it isn't for the last round. It would probably be faster to just slap in another mag, and yank the bolt back then it would be to pull the bolt back, hit the bolt hold open button (which is in a pretty awkward place in my thinking) and then slap the mag in.

What can I say about the 10 Round mags...

They are real, I have held them loaded them and shot the shit out of them.

They are a F-ing blast to shoot :super:

Me and Cobra shot about 100 rounds or so thru the 10 rounder and loved every minute of it.

They were very well made and top notch. No sharp edges or anything sticking out to catch on clothing.

I will let him tell yall all the little details but I have to say this did not help me with the "I need to wait to buy a Saiga" fight.

For the first time I had ever shot a S-12 it was a treat to be able to test out the 10's.

Oh an just cuz I have to

:haha: "Na, na, na, na, na, na... I got to shoot em..." :haha:

OK back from the range...lol

The mag was definately up to par and yes we bumpfired it too!

Muerte just happened by today with a couple hundred rounds of Winchester low brass. We proceeded to hit the Cobra range with all of that and some more. (nice fireballs from the 12, especially with the 3" MAGNUMS and the S-308 in the dark)

We took my safe queen out and fed her all she could handle and then some. I'm not the only one with a bloody shoulder...lol!

Ok it doesn't really like the 3" stuff. This is something that is easily remedied with a little follower adjustment I'm sure.

The only problem with squeezing this many rounds in a Saiga 12 ga mag is the S-12 will only feed right if the shells are on enough of an upward angle so they don't dive into the bottom of the breech and hang up on the sharp edge at the bottom. The more shells you cram in there, the more the shell rims drop the feed angle at the front. The longer the shell, the lower the front.

With the 2 3/4" shells, even though these are the softest and most picky IMO, they did really good. Keep in mind the test gun was a brand new EAA S-12 with no mods that hasn't had any break in time.

There were some issues with charging on a closed bolt. Sometimes it worked and sometimes not. I have experienced the same thing with factory mags. Shell dives and hangs up sometimes.

With the bolt back it loaded and shot perfect most times.

There were a few hangups but again keep in mind this is a new gun and this is common.

You all saw the video and this is the same mag used in it, from what I understand.

I wasn't able to test it in my tried and true AKS-12 because the LRBHO I made will require a slight modification to the mag before I can use it in the gun. (about three seconds with a dremel)

I will report again later...

Muerte it was a hell of a lotta fun bro! :super:

I can't believe I'm going to ask this, but can they be down sized. I thought one of the original concepts was that it would be able to be cut at the ribs and the floor plate moved. I aint bitchin, #50 on the list, but it sure would make a good source for more managable 8's if it could be done.

Edit, Mark's sad :cryss: -I don't have the toys in Tonys toy box...well not yet (see post below). But it would definately be cool if we could mod these to fit our needs.

Edited by 6500rpm

I should have my Beta unit on Monday and can tell you for sure at that time.

But, I imagine that the magazine could be cut off at any point and a new track cut into the magazine walls using a woodruff keyset cutter in the mill. Then you could just slide the base plate into the new track.

I'm with you. I would rather have a shorter mag. If I need more shots, I'll use my select-fire USAS-12 with a 20rd drum. ;-)

Tony