Saiga vs. Norinko

What are the differences between these 2 rifles? Accuracy? Reliability?

I like the Saiga in .223, but was wanting to do a conversion on it....until I read about how much is involved to do it. I read some of the AK-USA material and the pricing goes up and up.

So, to dodge all that, I'd just as soon purchase what I want, if possible. The Norinco .223 is a little more money, but I know nothing about the reliability of this weapon.

Your opinions and experience is appreciated.

Thank you, Bowhunter57

I have a Norinco SKS, the quality is OK. I have never read anything bad about the .223 AKs other than the magazines can be interesting. Some .223 mags you can use and some you can't from what I have read.

The real reason I wanted to answer this post is, what do you see as hard or expensive about converting a Saiga? I just did my .308 and it wasn't too bad. I am putting money away for a .223 now. I shopped around and waited for bargains and when I had all the pieces I went to work with a Dremel like all the web pages told me to. (The voices in my head helped too).

Lots of help on the web, keep your eyes open for good deals and shoot it the way it was imported until you get all the parts. If you have a good deal on the Norinco, buy it and the Saiga. See, I solve all your problems. :D

I'll say it all day long - why wouldn't you buya brand new russian? all the parts are within spec. AND made for the origonal riffle! who knows how many rounds or wars it's seen! you can buy a package for $60 or less. fcg, stock, and ps. then how much are you in? $270, for a russian? pretty good if you ask me.

the conversion's a kick in the ass to do also. sheik's website is as detailed as it gets.

VERY EASY. you just have to get over the fear, we'll all help you too - if you have any questions, I'm sure.

get the saiga, I've shot both (in the same day) and even the guy with the norinco was impressed with the saiga! he couldn't hit anything over 75yds