Scope and Bipod questions...

Hello all. I have a 7.62x39 Saiga with the 22" barrel...non-converted, basically bone-stock for now. I just ordered one of the new skeletonized stocks from another member and ordered a bullet guide and muzzle brake from a member as well. Building a sort-of "Saigunov" if you want to call it that.

The questions are:

1. Will a bipod designed to go right on a sling swivel fit on the front of a stock Saiga rifle?

2. I'm looking for a scope. Will be shooting usually at 100 yards, maybe stretch out to 200 yards and very very rarely, maybe 300. I see scopes on eBay with the mount on the side already and bullet drop guides and all that but really, do I need a Belarus labeled scope? Are they calibrated for 7.62x39? Does anyone make a decent Weaver/Picatinny mount that I can install and then choose a scope? I see mounts from Tapco and in sportsmansguide and Midway but prices vary from $19 to $50 and don't know what works and what doesn't. Or, like I said, should I buy one of the Russian surplus scopes w/mount already attached?

Replace the front slingswivel with a standard quick dissconect stud, and use any mount that uses that for an anchor, many have auxillary studs so you can still use the sling. Use any 'scope that turns you on.. The dustcover mounts are crap.Get a mount for the factory rail. The bellarus work very well.

OK, I got the Belarus scope mount, now I just need a decent scope. What are some suggestions for mostly 100 yards, sometimes 200 yards. Do I NEED variable power (I have a 3-12x40AO on my Ruger 10/22) or should I stick with a shorter fixed power scope like 4x32 or 6x40 ??