Recoil Supressor

Hello to all . I am new to the Forum and have read almost all of the posts in the last few days. I will be picking up my new Saiga .223 next week and the wait is driving me crazy. Saiga-12.com has helped take the "edge" off and given me a lot of useful information to boot. Thanks for the great posts.

I do have one question (I'll have lot's more later) I have not seen addressed on the .223. Is the installation of a recoil supressor desirable on this rifle? Will it prevent damage to the receiver as advertised? What brand would you recommend?

You will get arguments either way on this issue. It is not as necessary for a .223 as for the shotgun. There are two brands most often used, Black Jack, and Buffer Tech. A lot of the folks on the forum like the Black Jack green buffer, which is made of a softer material than the black variety that is for very heavy duty use, like autos. The buffer causes mild recoil suppression and does help the rear trunion from becoming beat up after long use. You would want the buffer compatible with an AK.