I am going to get a Saiga for X-mas and i'm debating which caliber to get it in. I already have a SKS and i like how it feels and the recoil. I sorta want to get the .223 caliber. What kind of recoil does it have in the 16" barrel model? I do plan on getting the the shorter barrel option with the non adjustable stock. So any comments are very much welcome

Zack

I am going to get a Saiga for X-mas and i'm debating which caliber to get it in. I already have a SKS and i like how it feels and the recoil. I sorta want to get the .223 caliber. What kind of recoil does it have in the 16" barrel model? I do plan on getting the the shorter barrel option with the non adjustable stock. So any comments are very much welcome

Zack

I've shot both, and recoil is good on both. The .223 is'nt as soft as an AR, but it is still good. I like the .223,

but I sold a 762 I converted to a guy who says its his favorite weapon. He has a alot of AKs, but prefers the saiga. I would go with the .223 for ammo availability.

Ofcourse, the obvious answer is to get BOTH!!!

but, thats not always an option

ive got both....

If you shoot A LOT, go with the 223 cause ammo is usually cheaper. The recoil on the x39 is more substantial than the 223, but its still nothing to even talk about

If you shoot to wreck stuff, go with the x39...bigger bullet. Better for blowing stuff up in my experience

All in all i think the 223 is the better plinker.

I dunno, I converted and later sold my EAA S-308, and I haven't looked back.

I am, however, contemplating getting both the x39 and the .223.

I sold the S-.308 because for a while, NO mags were available, then FBMG started making them, but they're ~$50 and plastic. I don't care for plastic mags.