saiga polemer stock replaced with saiga folding stock

We need to sticky this topic, as it keeps coming up again and again and...

FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT you can NOT legally install that stock on an un modified Saiga rifle or shotgun.

By modified I mean legally converted to a 922r compliant, US built gun. The same thing is true with the stock/ pg combination that Ace sells and it's US made.

If you change any of the parts on the gun that are on the list of important parts you HAVE to change enough others to make the weapon compliant or you are committing a felony. Yes this is a rediculous law but it is the law.

SECOND, it is much more of a pain in the ass IMO to do what has to be done in order to use one of these "easy bolt on stocks" than it is to just do the full PG conversion.

You have to do some serious mods to the factory trigger that already sucks. Then you have to replace you gas piston unless you are going witha US made HG. The time and money it takes to do all this is more than it takes to do a real PG conversion that will give you a better look, balance, and a much better trigger than doing it the "easy" way.

That stock was made in Russia for people in other countries who don't have to comply with silly US laws. For them it's as easy as bolting it on but those who do still end up with a funny looking (IMO) unbalanced weapon. The AK platform was designed like it is for good reasons and balance is one of them. The US imported Saigas are already front end heavy as it is, you go trying to support it with a PG that's mounted 3 to 4 inches back from where it belongs and you really have a front heavy gun. Not to mention the mag catch is way too far forward of the trigger.

The cosmetic issues here are just my opinion but the physics involved are what they are. You guys that want to go that route go right ahead but me, I would rather have a genuine AK like it was meant to look and function. :smoke: