Video of how to reload a Saiga 12 quickly

Pretty good reload, but u might want to get the gun compliant with the law before sticking a 8 rder in it

Not when you are owner/co-founder of FBMG and possess every FFL license you would ever need!

Seriously, I was there when Correia was reloading and I was pretty impressed. If I ever get in to 3 gun with my S-12, I will be begging Larry for some pointers.

Pretty good reload, but u might want to get the gun compliant with the law before sticking a 8 rder in it

The federal agents that were there (from various agencies) did not seem to care. I guess I will just take the easy route and make it select fire.

Good stuff Correia! got to be a sub 3 second reload. I think you've been competing longer with the Saiga than anyone I know.

Couple of questions. Any reason not to put a PG on it? (would it get in the way of how you shoot?). Or was that your personal S12?

I used to use the mag as a vfg, but I felt like it slowed my shooting down, but I'd go back if I could work your technique. Do you always shoot with your hand on the mag?

Did you do anything with the bolt, bolt carrier, mag opening (radius anything, etc).

Does this style reload secumb to the fumble factor very often.

I'm assuming you've tried loading on a closed bolt and didn't like it? I found early on that I messed up more often than not, but am curious to see how the 10 round mags do. They are supposed to be 10+1/2 and might lend them selves to loading on a closed bolt? There are likely a lot of stages where you could run partial mags and make this even more appealing. i.e. a 15 round stage, start with 11 in gun, shoot 10 and load a downloaded mag.

I tried loading with the closed bolt, and just didn't like it. Too much fumble factor. But I've not done any modifications to my bolt like some of the other competitors. I had already gotten the hang of this method and have just kind of rolled with it.

I always hold the mag as a VFG. Just my style, and it works for me pretty good.

Everything has the fumble factor. I've only shot two 3gun matches this year, and my practice routine has all but died since we've opened FBMG. So I'm rusty. You guys didn't get to see the four takes before this where I was over two seconds each time. :P When I'm practiced, and tuned up for competition, I can do a S12 reload in 1.5. I let my elbow drift too high on this one, and you can see a little hesitiation as the mag catch rocks in.

I can go pistol grip, or standard stock, doesn't really matter for me. Pistol grip has better recoil control, but I've got 6,500+ rounds through that particular Saiga, so we're friends.

I probably should do another Saiga only video. I need to get some footage of the Tromix shorties in action too.

Well there's a problem there. You see the backdrop is all wrong. Need better contrast. Seems like VA would be perfect..... Hey, there's a range by my house that we could use .... So when you gonna be here?

Seriously, the Saiga only video would be cool!!!