Russian folding stock, hand guard and the new 10rnd mags

I looked for info on this and I seem to remember asking before without any detailed answers so here are some important questions . What do I need to do in order to be in 922r compliance while using the russian folding stock and hand guard. The 10 rounders give me 3 parts so how many more do I need? I thank anyone in advance for thier help. BTW, sending it to Tromix is not an option due to the money I have already invested, even though Tony's work is fricken fantastic.

Get Tony's gaspiston, and don't keep the factory mags near the S-12.

922r compliant only with USA mag,follower,floorplate and one more part=Tony's gaspiston or BRG3's forarm. Otherwise the russian folder/pg is not compliant.

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Nov 4 2006, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Get Tony's gaspiston, and don't keep the factory mags near the S-12.

922r compliant only with USA mag,follower,floorplate and one more part=Tony's gaspiston or BRG3's forarm. Otherwise the russian folder/pg is not compliant.

Awesome info, thank you for the input. Looks like Ill be selling the offensive mags before long :cryss:

Or, you could just do a simple conversion, and make it right the way it should be.

To me, doing the conversion is a lot less hassle than the BS of the Russian stock compiance issues, and looks so much better.

All you need is a drill, a Dremel (If you want it to look niceer, but some have done conversions without a Dremel) and some nuts and bolts, and a little JB weld. That is the cheaper side. Or if you can't convert it yourself, then send it off to a builder to do it up any way you want it.

Ok, so if you have a stock Saiga with an American Ace Stock and American Pistol grip, then inserting a 10 round mag is kosher?

Just wondering?

Is I am reading it correctly you will have replaced 4 parts. So you "should" be ok.

Ok, so if you have a stock Saiga with an American Ace Stock and American Pistol grip, then inserting a 10 round mag is kosher?

Just wondering?

Saiga shotgun with pistol grip is 14 foreign parts, so US stock + US PG = 2 parts, + US mag = 3 parts; 14-5=9 so technically you are legal, but it would be better not to have the mag be depended upon as part of your 922r compliance parts. As "J" said, you are better off getting the US FCG for making up the 3 mag parts instead, and that way you can use any mags, US or Russian.

You know, the FCG is something I never considered, I thought that perhaps the Saigas FCG in non converted form were not interchangeable with standard us made trigger group.

For some reason, I just figured that when they moved them back, there were differences in the design.

You know, the FCG is something I never considered, I thought that perhaps the Saigas FCG in non converted form were not interchangeable with standard us made trigger group.

For some reason, I just figured that when they moved them back, there were differences in the design.

The OEM FCG interchanges with a Tapco G2 but you do need to slightly reshape the hammer I believe so it is the same as the Saiga one.