totally useless, really fun...

Started with the basic setup and found a little place in TN that sells many of the accessories, so eventually accumulated the whole complement. Used it so much eventually had to replace the recoil buffer and bolt rod assembly. The guts are super simple and it's hard to fuggup anything.

gallery_128_24_19212.jpg

Aww.......nice!!

I love it. Honestly its better than the gun, but you guys know how simple these things are. The FA is even simpler I imagine. As I replaced the factory upper with the new one I also replaced all the internals and bolt so it runs great with all the recon mags I got from CDNN ($10ea!) The Stony Creek drum works well but takes too long to load. Literally took 20 minutes the first time and 4 seconds to empty it. Only shot the drum twice and my little brother dropped it hard so I can never sell it for what I have in it. I should get Stony Creek's newest toy, the Suomi drum upper, in some time this week.

Yeah no kidding. Lage is working on a reliable 22lr upper, now that will pay for itself! Till then I'm stuck with 9mm. We'll never see a beltfed, ATF has gone back on its own approval and now say they will never approval a gun so drastically different then the original :unsure:

Edit: Must be nice for them to make the rules up as they go along....

Edited by KySoldier

any of you folks wanna trade for a k-grip? I have this k-grip I got off of a friend and discovered how much of PITA it is to do the AOW thing. Anyhow, I am looking to trade for either a couple decent sten mags, or a fake silencer/ saftey extension for my m-11/9. I think someone added some compensating ports to the end of the extension at some point. DSC00702.JPG

Edited by angrydutchman
You all have some great accessories! I've got the basic Cobray M-11 9mm with 12 zytel mags. Tritium and KYsoldier- how much have you guys invested in outfitting your M-11s? Those are some killer setups!

Got that stuff some time ago so don't exactly recall what it had cost--guessing about $500 in extras, maybe a little more. I receltly saw just the pistol and faux silencer go for $600.

You all have some great accessories! I've got the basic Cobray M-11 9mm with 12 zytel mags. Tritium and KYsoldier- how much have you guys invested in outfitting your M-11s? Those are some killer setups!

Its hard to say what I've spent on it. I initially bought every factory barrel accessory, 20 steel mags, then a Stony Creek HK sighted upper, and last night I just received and assembled Stony Creek's new Suomi drum upper that I order back in January! Still waiting on their "monster sear."

Its hard to say what I've spent on it. I initially bought every factory barrel accessory, 20 steel mags, then a Stony Creek HK sighted upper, and last night I just received and assembled Stony Creek's new Suomi drum upper that I order back in January! Still waiting on their "monster sear."

Thanks for the reply. What would you recommend as a must have accessory? Per our earlier PM's I shot the strap the first time I shot it. All you have to do is fire it one-handed and walla the strap spins like a tassel on a strippers boob. I asked you because my buddy did the same thing with his!

:D Well, I've never shot the strap (took it off the first day), but the most important mods are...

1. Replacing the crappy wire stock that can collapse while firing! There are many good replacements.

2. Screwing on something good to hold onto. I'd suggest...

a fake suppressor for its safe length and weight (helps keeps the muzzle down)

a k-grip for comfort but get some large rubber rings from Lowes (look in the pipe section) to cover the metal part of the grip that heats up.

or a clamp on vertical grip from StonyCreek and and screw-on muzzle break for controllability.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:D Well, I've never shot the strap (took it off the first day), but the most important mods are...

1. Replacing the crappy wire stock that can collapse while firing! There are many good replacements.

2. Screwing on something good to hold onto. I'd suggest...

a fake suppressor for its safe length and weight (helps keeps the muzzle down)

a k-grip for comfort but get some large rubber rings from Lowes (look in the pipe section) to cover the metal part of the grip that heats up.

or a clamp on vertical grip from StonyCreek and and screw-on muzzle break for controllability.

I ordered a muzzle brake from Cobray, an anodized vertical grip, and 4-position CAR stock with adaptor from Stonycreek today! :super: Thanks for the tips. Looking forward to seeing pics and/or video of your Suomi upper in action!

• 1 month later...

I still haven't received my Stonycreek order. It was on back order but Jeff has assured me it would be sent by the 13th (of this month). I'm sure they'll ship but...anyone have any delays or issues w/shipment from Stony? I haven' got any tracking # or shipped confirmation e-mail either.

...anyone have any delays or issues w/shipment from Stony? I haven' got any tracking # or shipped confirmation e-mail either.

Anyone NOT have delays or issues? Sorry, I didn't used to have delays but my last two orders were bad; suomi upper and monster sear. I bought mine in January, was supposed to be out in May was it? But was promised every two weeks after that until finally I got it in December...of course I then had to wait for the monster sear.... I fired it without, was fun, but it turned into a runaway real quick since the factory sear barely makes contact. Here's the video I uploaded for them to use on their webpage...

They make good products but they really bit off too much with the suomi stuff, the demand is just too high for their output capabilities.

My next item will be the Lage upper. Very high quality with good customer service. They also give you a number in line and periodic updates on your batch's progress on the website.

Here's a pic of the new upper.

post-128-1171868858_thumb.jpg

Kysoldier,

That is evil...and its bad...you can't have it....you could always send it to me :up::angel:

Glad you like it ^_^ I've been wanting to put my bipod on it and shoot from the bench at the range. Too bad I received it in the winter. This summer though....its on :smoke: