10 round magazine pouches?

Now that us lucky bastards are getting 10-round mags, we have to carry them around.

With all the various and bizarre surplus and commercial pouches I've seen, there has to be something out there that will handle these monsters.

I haven't had one in hand yet, but working from the pic on the APG website, they look to be a bit longer than 11 3/4", and my 5 rounders are 1 3/16" inches wide, 3 3/8" long.

What is out there that would hold one, two, or three mags?

Preferably in nylon, adaptable to ALICE or MOLLE gear; in green or camo (am I asking too much?) There have been a few posts that have mentioned places that may do custom pouches; does anyone know any options?

And who wants my money that is going to make a magwell that takes standard mags?

Edited by -S.

A guy that frequents the range I work at (he is an ex-employee himself) makes military mag pouches and such and said he could easily make some with my 10 rounders as a guide. His stuff is very high quality. If anyone else is interested let me know. I know I want a chest rig that will hold up to 4 of the 10 round Saiga mags and at least 6 AR mags.

I have posted the pics of my 10 round mag pouches give rick a call at 866-293-1002 or look at his web site at www.comkydex.com I will post more pics later just got in from a 3-gun match with a 5 hours drive need sleep.

Now that us lucky bastards are getting 10-round mags, we have to carry them around.

With all the various and bizarre surplus and commercial pouches I've seen, there has to be something out there that will handle these monsters.

I haven't had one in hand yet, but working from the pic on the APG website, they look to be a bit longer than 11 3/4", and my 5 rounders are 1 3/16" inches wide, 2 3/8" long.

What is out there that would hold one, two, or three mags?

Preferably in nylon, adaptable to ALICE or MOLLE gear; in green or camo (am I asking too much?) There have been a few posts that have mentioned places that may do custom pouches; does anyone know any options?

And who wants my money that is going to make a magwell that takes standard mags?

I was thinking about this yesterday. Pouches seem a little cumbersome to me, but I suppose if you just practiced enough with them you could get pretty quick. I was trying to mentally design a box that coud store about 5 of the 10 round magazines paralell to the ground and stacked on top of eachother. It would be spring loaded so that the mags would be forced downward, and a slot would be cut on the lower corner of the box that corresponded to the hand the shooter uses to reload with. Release spent mag, reach around and pull out a full one, rock and lock. Then I was thinking it might be heavy but weight isnt a problem in my book, I like em a little meaty. Maybe a canvas belt would work.

With further thought, your mags might get worn down more than usual and that spring would have to be pretty killer to keep the last magazine firmly in place.

Edited by Azkamidaka

I live just a few miles from the Tactical Tailor, who do excellent-quality custom work, and I've been thinking that I want some double pouches to fit a MOLLE vest at an angle, like the old Harris vests the Rangers used to use. When I get my mags, I'll drive over and see how much they want to make a few. I'm thinking that the pouches ought to have enough real estate on the back to mount both angled and straight-up-and-down PALS webbing; then you could use MALICE-style clips to rig them any way you want. I'll keep y'all posted. :blues:

Id like a nylon or canvas bag with a flap on top and a carry strap on it so i could throw it around my head and shoulder in a hurry.It would hold 4 10rd mags snugly and could double up for Ar15 and AK 30 round mags with magpull type baseplates.

Went to order a couple but there checkout said it was unable to give a shipping option or price until after i ordered,so i sent an email asking total.wasnt about to order two bags then get socked with a $15.00 shipping charge,so will see.

Good call. Please post what the shipping and "handling" charges are.

Thanks,

G45

Went to order a couple but there checkout said it was unable to give a shipping option or price until after i ordered,so i sent an email asking total.wasnt about to order two bags then get socked with a $15.00 shipping charge,so will see.

Thanks,

G45

Will do.

Well, I went to the gun show this weekend and found nothing that would fit!

They had all sorts of dealers in nylon accessories and while there were a couple of pouches that the mags would fit in, they were too long to close the flap over and secure.

Either someone is going to have to do an AGP mag specific pouch or we will have to make them ourselves.

Not that hard, but I tend to tear up sewing machine needles when I work with cordura........

Thanks,

G45

Will do.

No contact,i just went ahead and ordered two.Ill post how they are whenever they get here.

guys , long time no see, fat Chinaman back in forum, okey how about a $5 RPK 40rd pouches sounds ????

Here is links,

http://www.interordnance.com/Merchant2/mer...t_Code=AK470231

That pouch might just be the ticket. I have a couple of Bulgarian pouches like this one and they hold the 5 rdrs very nicely. The 8rdrs go in but the flap won't close. Same is true for the S-20 mags.

The outer dimensions of the 10's are only slightly bigger than the 8's, in fact the 8's are wider at the rear.

post-1293-1164148518_thumb.jpg

Here I just took this picture with the 8's and 10's in the Bulgie pouch. They fit in there snug enough where you don't really need a flap. You could just cut the flap off and it would leave plenty of room to grab the mags and pull em out. These pouches are pretty inexpensive too. They have belt loops on the back.

post-1293-1164149073_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1164149101_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cobra 76 two