Scope mount, what gives??

I have just about had it. Both myself and a friend bought Saiga's in .223. We have tried about seven different scopes between us and not one had enough clicks to be zeroed, some not enough left, some not enough down. One was even a Russian 6x Psop made scope made for AK's....no luck. We have tried the scope/mount combo above, the Belerus made AK type mount, and scopes from 8x50 fixed to 3x10x42 variable.

Are we cursed? Stupid? Handicapped? Unlucky? All the above? Surely there must be a way to get a scope on a Saiga without this much turmoil and trouble. Right now both rifles are in the closet unused. PLEASE help a pair of your stupified brethern out with some advice/solutions.

i am guessing that you are too low. I had the same problem and a found the answer here. You have to take the screw out of the back of the mount and add a washer. It makes the scope aim downward more and help you get to zero. i'll find the post that I read and send it to you

I had a problem zeroing the scope on my 7.62 with an EAA scope mount.

I ended up doing a slight tweak to the bracket with a washer. I was then able to zero the scope at 50yrds, although I am still slightly left of center, this is because I ran out of bullets, but still have enough adjustments left.

The thread where I requested and received help is here:

Saiga Scope Question, Can't site scope

hope this can be of some help.

Edited by j-man

If you look carefully at your scope mount you will see where the screws that would allow you to physically move parts of the mount by loosening them are secured by pins thru the mount frame.

What you have to do is remove these pins from the mount and before you adjust windage and elevation with the scope internal adjustments, bore sight the scope by physically moving it's parts. Secure the screws with locktite so they won't come loose then sight in normally.