did he even READ what saltpeter said to him? i tell ya, i am losing faith in our government guys. we need some normal joe schmoes in office...

i mean come on, imperative that we keep these guns out of felons hands...how many of you have heard of the three dudes robbing banks up in washington DC area with ak47s? there was a home movie on cnn someone got of them leaving, and i tell ya, i doubt the cops need to be afraid of them because at distance, without buttstocks, those aks arent going to do shit cept make lots of noise and put holes in walls. only need one cop with the guts to stand there and aim for the head shot....the point of bringing that up is that the ak47s they have look to me like post ban weapons. removing the buttstocks how they did makes them illegal. what exactly dont congress get? ban the guns? why? so its illegal to have them? who exactly was there to arrest the guy for having the post ban AK with no buttstock on it? noone. im sure the disconnector is cut off too. ridiculous. this senator is saying that making assualt weapons illegal will stop that? LOL LOL f'n LOL thats stupid. banning them wont do a THING. (except make me really mad, and im sure a few other people as well) they should worry about being able to enforce the current laws. all three of those bank robbers would do 2 years minimum just for the damn buttstock. ppl need to get a clue. make them illegal? why? laws are only for those that listen. oh and by the way?

GUNS ARE BANNED IN WASHINGTON DC!!! LOTS OF GOOD IT DOES HUH?

yeh lets try this law see what it does, lets try this now, that didnt work oh lets try this law....when does it end? when we are walking around in state uniforms like they get in prison, working for nothing, only getting what the state gives us? they took enough of our rights after 9/11 happened. now they want to disarm us? for what? so that the guys breaking the law ALREADY still break the law more? come on, these ppl in the government need to get real already.

as a last thought on this, if they are thinking terrorists buying them in country and shooting up towns with them, (which you all know is going to happen one day regardless of gun laws), why has not one of them mentioned this? THAT is a reason. not a good one, but at least its a reason. i dont see that being brought up by anyone. they are mostly spineless ignorant rich ppl that dont want to bother with anyone that isnt giving them money hand over fist.

Do you notice that all the new laws and restrictions are to the benifit of protecting the our leaders? The patriot act? The weapons restrictions? All the things that are hapening, in the middle east - benifiting who, not us! Nothing happens without benefit to someone, that's human nature. Not the motivation humanitarianism, Like our leaders claim. That's a joke!

I don't think that senater personally cares either way. There's only two motivations that I see, popularity or personal gain.

Either way, it's not how I want MY senator voting.

I think we need a big cleansing in washington. Because (right now) even if there was someone in Washington that had rightious intentions, ones that were benificial to ALL of us, I'm sure there IS NOTHING HE COULD DO!

When everyone realizes that we are all under the rule of our leaders, all the laws and weird restrictions will have rendered us helpless!

This is why I rarely watch the news - thinking about this stuff all the time could get a man on a soap box - LIKE I'M DOING RIGHT NOW!!

What would it take to become a senator, maybe I should look into it!!!

Not only do most members of Congress know little of firearms, wait until you retire from the military and go on Tricare or turn 65 and have medicare and tricare and you Doc tells you that he's tossing you out cause these govt programs don't pay enough to keep the lights on. And when you hit 65 medicare and some lousy supplement is all your gonna get. I don't think any of the law makers know much about anything in life except how to pass stuff that benefits them directly and no matter what they say they don't give a damn about you, your family or much else. You are simply a tax payer and ought to die the day after you retire and take your dog with you.