• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good looking pit! Looks just like O'malleys mom. Some jerk dropped her off at the vet pregnant and never picked her up. We were at the vet,because our cat was dying. She had just had the pups, and he was just

what the doctor ordered.

It has been said that ....The only fault a dog has is that they dont live long enough....

I dont believe God would have given them to us as the only animal that sought man out as a companion if we would not see them again in the after life.

Great looking dogs posted here!

After most of my fifty years with dogs, I've developed a couple of "motto's" that help me (and hopefully others) cope with that issue:

First, the passing of a beloved friend, protector, hunting bud, or however you view your dogger(s) should be mourned, but also, I've developed a sense of pride, as well. One who does the right things and takes the extra steps to safeguard their dogs, and ensure that they live to that ripe old age they are capable of, should feel that they have done right by them, and their long, happy life should make one proud, not just their passing make one sad...

Second, when we live with a creature who thinks the world of us and they leave us for the "happy hunting ground", some people feel that they just can't imagine life without their dog.

In reality, your dog truly can't live without you. It's only right, and shows the wisdom of the Creator, that we outlive our beloved dogs. Their life would be no less that short and miserable without us.

Now, the third thing I've decided:

FUCK WITH MY DOGS AND ONE OF US IS GOING TO JAIL!!!! The other one of us will be much worse off...

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston (German Wirehaired Pointers forever!)

+1,000,000... especially on the third thing.

I'll second Cobra's remark, fine lookin' doggers!

Ever get Annie in the field? She looks to be in good condition, Vizsla's are an absolute work of art when working.

God, I love to watch a fine dog and good (read: sensible, caring and responsible) handler working a trial or hunting field. Man, that dog sure realizes their "purpose on the planet" then!

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston (German Wirehaired Pointer advocate)

Thanks! I try to keep them well exercised and lean. Annie is probably the best birg dog i've hunted with. She is the first Vizsla i've every had and I couldn't be more pleased. She has an excellent nose and will work til she drops. We have a ton of pheasants in my area and she gets plenty of field time. They also make a great family dogs! She gets along great with my Rotty...

This is Nicholai, one of the fastest huskies on the west coast B) I also have an American Eskimo, but gotta get some newer pics as she's only 9 weeks old.

post-4682-1166203643.jpgpost-4682-1166203352.jpgpost-4682-1166203577_thumb.jpg

Hello, brighamr

Total "Call of the Wild" look in those eyes! Crikey! Beautiful face!

Guido2 in Houston

The following are pictures of the beagle puppies as they were growing up... I don't have any current ones though... now they aren't cute... they are just beagles... and theres a couple in there with the weasel "Pooky", and another with me holding the puppies.

The last one is of Badger, shes a few years old... shes one of those super expensive hybrid breeds... a "Sheprador" LOL

The cat next to Badger in the last photo is Gabe... he extorts protection from the dog, and is not allowed to be outside without the dog next to him every step of the way... CAT'S ORDERS! In fact, the dog will go out of her way to walk the cat across the street, or wherever he wants to go... To put the cat into perspective... notice how much room the two beagles take up on the couch cushions, compared to Badger... Badger weighs in at close to 45 pounds. Yeah... its a big cat. :up:

minipupsb.jpg

annieroosterpookyb.jpg

meandpups2.jpg

pookynrooster.jpg

twinpups1b.jpg

catndog.jpg

• 7 months later...

Dog thread... cool.

Well here's my German Shepherd "Ammo" at 9 months old. His Dad was a police dog in Germany and boy can you sure tell. He's the best watchdog ever... almost too good... barks at everything. He's ruined sooooooooo much stuff that my wife hates him now... but I sure love the big / little guy! Growing up, my family has always owned Chow Chows and Huskeys (used to breed them) and this is my first German, and since I'm German well... I only saw it fitting. And he's smart as shit and great with kids (got three little ones).

ammo-9-months.jpg

Just seeing Cobra's thread on his dog max getting snakebit, made me want to bump this thread...

soooo....BUMP!

Good idea Juggernaut. I was gonna bump this thread myself when I got some better pics of Max in a better mood...lol. It's nice to see all you dog people showing off your kids, they are like kids...I don't have any but my dogs always get treated like family. Dogs are cool. They make people feel good, even on a bad day...even strangers. I like the program they have set up for cancer victims and sick kids where they take dogs to see them and make them smile. Dogs just have that power.

Then they double as the best alarm system and personal protector a person can have. Max is supposed to be from a police dog line too, according to his previous owners. I think he's got some timberwolf in him. He's got extra long toes, a long straight tail that's really full, and a lot of grey coloring. He also howls like a wolf.

Well here are a few of him, out having fun and inside being spoiled in the A/C...He's my buddy.

On the takeoff...fresh out of the gait...

post-1293-1185380542_thumb.jpg

Chillin' by the pond

post-1293-1185380575_thumb.jpg

On the prowl...

post-1293-1185380590_thumb.jpg

Asking Racegal nicely for some of her popcorn...lol

post-1293-1185380608_thumb.jpg

Man I just love dogs! Too bad people can't all be so cool.