Night sight solution

Bolt-on front sight tower from FSU Connections + tritium front post from Champion Gunsights (via Brownells) = Saiga-12 night sight bliss. :wub: The Champion front post has the factory threads and goes right into the original windage drum. Tritium insert is from Trijicon, and is a nice bright dot. I think this combo is the perfect answer for those wanting a tritium front sight while not wanting to dramatically change their sight picture, and I think the factory-thread front post w/ dot is superior to the XS proprietary coarse-thread front w/ vertical stripe.

Total cost for the setup was about $90.

I'll post pics later this week, once my 10-round mags have arrived. Might as well get all the new toys in one pic!

:super:

PS - the "Type I" and "Type II" FSBs that are threaded for a flash hider will NOT accept a standard AK front post or windage drum, and thus are not compatible with this or any other AK night sight. Just a note of caution from a guy who found out the hard way. Fortunately I was able to sell the FSB in question and get my money back, then ordered the correct part from FSU.

Edited by shooter2
The krebs FSB accepts ar15 sight posts. Lots more options.

Hey, go sh*t in somebody else's thread, willya?

I stated up front that the Champion tritium post + Russian FSB is for those wanting a tritium front sight while not wanting to dramatically change their sight picture as you would by going with ghost ring or HK type sights.

Not knocking Krebs at all - I'm sure his sights are high quality and I know plenty of people own 'em and love 'em - but I did my homework before finally deciding on this particular combination. Consider:

1) The Krebs front sight tower has no windage adjustment.

2) The 2-pc AR-15 tritium posts (Trijicon/Mepro) are a PITA to adjust for elevation, requiring a special tool or a pair of needlenose pliers and some serious dexterity. The 1-pc designs (XS) are easier to adjust, but can only be adjusted in 5 MOA increments...

3) The Champion front dot is bigger and brighter than the Mepro or Trij AR-15 front dot.

4) Because the Russian FSB w/ Champion sight post works with my OEM pistol-style rear sight, it allows me to maintain a virtually identical sight picture between my two Saiga-12s.

5) Cost is a factor; the Russian FSB + tritium front post cost the same as a set of Krebs sights without a tritium front post (add another ~$40+).

The krebs FSB accepts ar15 sight posts. Lots more options.

Hey, go sh*t in somebody else's thread, willya?

I stated up front that the Champion tritium post + Russian FSB is for those wanting a tritium front sight while not wanting to dramatically change their sight picture as you would by going with ghost ring or HK type sights.

Not knocking Krebs at all - I'm sure his sights are high quality and I know plenty of people own 'em and love 'em - but I did my homework before finally deciding on this particular combination. Consider:

1) The Krebs front sight tower has no windage adjustment.

2) The 2-pc AR-15 tritium posts (Trijicon/Mepro) are a PITA to adjust for elevation, requiring a special tool or a pair of needlenose pliers and some serious dexterity. The 1-pc designs (XS) are easier to adjust, but can only be adjusted in 5 MOA increments...

3) The Champion front dot is bigger and brighter than the Mepro or Trij AR-15 front dot.

4) Because the Russian FSB w/ Champion sight post works with my OEM pistol-style rear sight, it allows me to maintain a virtually identical sight picture between my two Saiga-12s.

5) Cost is a factor; the Russian FSB + tritium front post cost the same as a set of Krebs sights without a tritium front post (add another ~$40+).

I edited this post.

I was comparing the two when I realized that you were simply posting your setup, and why you chose it.

Shit, sorry to be a dick, I didn't even realize it. Happy hour was long today.

Sometimes I forget the pride we all take in how we adapt our tools to our wants and needs.

So sorry! BTW, Nice S12!

Edited by headshot