Moving, need some help with firearm laws.

Alright,

I'm contemplating moving to the LA area due to work (more money = more fun) Moving to California to me seems about as much fun as being run over by a Buick, however, money is money. My question is, does anyone know about California's firearm legislature?

I own:

Saiga-12 (w/ Russian side-folding stock)

Romanian SAR-3 (.223 AK variant)

Mauser K98 (bolt-action 8mm)

Mossberg 18.5" 12-gauge (cut-down)

Anyone?

NOPE! Saiga-12 (w/ Russian side-folding stock)

NOPE! Romanian SAR-3 (.223 AK variant)

Maybe. Mauser K98 (bolt-action 8mm)

No Mag extensions allowed! Mossberg 18.5" 12-gauge (cut-down)

Anyone?

On the mossberg im not quite sure, but unless your SAR is pre 94, its not allowed.

I don't live in california, but I live damn close.

Don't move there expecting to save money shit there costs almost 2x as much. Stay in florida dude, cali sucks.

Here's some info from that numb nut Brady's site. He and his wife seem to be proud of themselves for screwing with law abiding gun owners rights every chance they get.

California - State law restricts the sale of all semiautomatic assault weapons that have specific military features such as pistol grips and folding stocks as well as a list of assault weapons and their copies such as the AK47 and Uzi. People who owned such assault weapons prior to the law are required to register the weapons and may not sell or give them to anyone else in the state. State law also restricts the sale of rapid-fire ammunition magazines in excess of 10 rounds.

Chances are you won't be allowed to take your fun guns with you. :evil:

you might want to check this site out http://www.calgunlaws.com

From what I have read, there gun laws are real strict! Unless you are military, you will not be able to take you evil firearms with you. Even military has to regitster each gun with the DOJ to be able to bring them into the state. I just had a buddy PCS there and he didn't even both with all of the hassle. :ded:

Alright,

I'm contemplating moving to the LA area due to work (more money = more fun) Moving to California to me seems about as much fun as being run over by a Buick, however, money is money. My question is, does anyone know about California's firearm legislature?

I own:

Saiga-12 (w/ Russian side-folding stock)

Romanian SAR-3 (.223 AK variant)

Mauser K98 (bolt-action 8mm)

Mossberg 18.5" 12-gauge (cut-down)

Anyone?

Better send the AK's to me, I'll hold them for you free of charge. :up:

I moved from CA about 5 years ago. To clear something up from an earlier post, it doesn't make any difference if the gun is pre 94 or not. The AWB that went into effect Dec 31st, 1999 required these types of weapons to be registered by Dec 31 2000 (I think those are the correct years).

Boiling it down for you, there are very few militarily significant rifles you can own in california. They would have to be fixed stock, with no pistol grip or flash hider. Off the top of my list, I'd pick from the following auto loaders:

Mini 14, Mini 30, M1 Carbine (no bayo lug), M1A (no fs/bayo lug), Ruger Police Carbine, Marlin Camp rifle. That is really about it. There is also a magazine ban that is largely unenforcable.

Your pump shotgun is fine.

I have a registered AR and a FAL in case I have to go back.

If I were you, I'd get an M1A. I'd also get an address in a rural part of the state, so you can get a CCW.

Good Luck,

Edited by KTR03

Yeah, wouldn't want the public launching grenades at each other right...

For specific questions you may want to call a gunshop in the area you are moving. Ironically though local law enforcement and gunshops don't always get the laws exactly right either :rolleyes: For clarification on laws you read online I'd suggest contacting the state's Attorney General's Office.

Good luck. Sorry you won't get to ever own any cool guns.

I appreciate all your responses, sorry I'm so late getting back on the thread. I used to live in Brooklyn, so I'm aware of the cost of living in any metropolitan environment. Nor am I a particular fan of California. It's a job situation, and unfortunately, those roller blading, latte sippin' dipshits pay quite a bit. Ideally, I'd like to stay in Florida, the glorious land of no emissions and virtually zero firearm laws. We'll see what happens I suppose, for the moment I'm stuck where I am until I can raise the money to make any sort of move. Raising money would be a whole lot easier of course if I'd stop spending money on weaponry.

This is all you can have there. ;-)

Slingshot.jpg

Hmmm less than 26" and with a forward vertical grip, I don't know about that. ROFL

I left the LA area a year and a half ago and damn glad I did!

Move to AK, hell we can walk around town with loaded AKs at our side and the cops don't even blink at us up here in Barrow, plus the pay is super if you can deal with the weather and polar bears.

Happy T day!

David