45LC in a Saiga .410

I was thinking about trying to run 45 long colts in my Saiga .410 has anybody tried this? If it will go boom the right way I was thinking that maybe just maybe with some trial and error this might be a good conversion. The length is the only issue that I see but who knows what else may come about. If it works though the .410 might be the hot item to have.

"45 Colt cartridges are still occasionally fired in .410 bore shotguns by U.S. farmers needing to kill a mule or horse humanely." This statement comes from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45_Colt Personally, I have pistols, rifles and shotguns and don't mix their diet as a general rule. HK 53 pistol and FN PS90 are exceptions for me. :) Good luck.

"45 Colt cartridges are still occasionally fired in .410 bore shotguns by U.S. farmers needing to kill a mule or horse humanely." This statement comes from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45_Colt Personally, I have pistols, rifles and shotguns and don't mix their diet as a general rule. HK 53 pistol and FN PS90 are exceptions for me. :) Good luck.
It was just a question that way out of hand I have used long colts in a 410 before it is not insane as to what some may believe. I can chamber up a 45 long colt with now problem in to the 410
Darwin Award nominee?

The TC and others were designed to shoot the .45 LC, FIRST, hence the action is stronger. They will also shoot 410 shotshells.

"But Doctor, it fit into the hole!?"

I heard this one long ago (Its in the Bible too):

Just 'cause you can, don't mean ya should.

buckmeister

Hmmmm..... thoughts....

1) Ain't this the Saiga 12 forum?

2) Why would you want to? Aren't you sending a slug with a poor gas seal down an unrifled barrel? What for? What's that slug heading to? Isn't there something better you can use?

3) If it's just for the sense of adventure, more power to ya, that's how mankind got as far as it has, but of course, lot's of people have died, been blinded, crippled, scarred; after saying, "Hey, watch THIS!"

4) I'd start by looking at any of the many reloading handbooks or online, find out what the peak pressure of both rounds is, that may be a clue as to whether its advisable.

5) As an aside, I used to take .444 Marlin brass, cut it down so it was the same length as my S&W model 25 .45 Colt cylinder, and make shotshells that worked pretty well.

OUCH. Ain't I cool?!

post-2407-1163860951.jpg

I would love to see a 45LC conversion for the Saiga 410.

My American derringer (Alaskan survival) can shoot 410 or .45LC out of the same barrel, but then the other barrel shoots a 45/70 :haha:

OMFG, Have gotten up the nerve to fire that puppy yet? I'd be too skeered to fire the 45/70 barrel.....ouch!

Edited by Vermiform
I would love to see a 45LC conversion for the Saiga 410.

My American derringer (Alaskan survival) can shoot 410 or .45LC out of the same barrel, but then the other barrel shoots a 45/70 :haha:

OMFG, Have gotten up the nerve to fire that puppy yet? I'd be too skeered to fire the 45/70 barrel.....ouch!

I've got the "over sized grips" they do help some, best description is like holding out your hand to let someone smack it with a hammer :cryss:

its pretty simple guys......slap that biotch in a vise, tie a string to the trigger and duck down behind a truck parked 50 feet away and have at it. i do that with guns that havnt been fired in years. Last one was a mauser that hadnt been fired in over 50 years. Only one way to find out.... if it works, great! but if not, you'll probably be buying a new saiga

its pretty simple guys......slap that biotch in a vise, tie a string to the trigger and duck down behind a truck parked 50 feet away and have at it. i do that with guns that havnt been fired in years. Last one was a mauser that hadnt been fired in over 50 years. Only one way to find out.... if it works, great! but if not, you'll probably be buying a new saiga

Or just take Chuckie Schumer out when you test fire it. Shit, he seems to like it (that is, when he's not busy f**king us over denying them to us, that is :angry: ). :killer:

If you're 100% sure it will blow up, I'd reccomend taking Nancy Pelosi (she's a tough old bird who can take it). :bag:

charles_schumer_shooting.jpg