Tromix 30'06 (pics)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

OK, don't flame me here, but would it be possible to use a psl receiver (either a mostly finished one or an 80%) and the parts from the saiga 30-06. It might be less work than the conversion tony did, or it may be more, I'm not sure. Just an idea, I think the psl receivers are longer, might solve the problem of trying to stuff a larger high cap mag in (space issues and all). Psl receivers are designed for heavier recoil of the 76.54R, this might solve the problem someone brought up about the scope mount and receiver warping. The front trunion would most likely need to be pressed off the barrel and swapped with one that has the bulges on each side (perhaps a standard yugo trunnion would work?) The saiga 100 could be used like ak builders use parts kits. What about using a milled type receiver instead of the one that is on the saiga? It would definately beef up the rifle, and would take care of the issue of fitting a pistol grip and standard stock. Just some ideas, I just got done with a psl build and a sniper/designated marksman rifle in 30-06 of this type would be very cool. (Also like the Zavasta M76 8mm sniper rifle)

I know this is extremely hard to believe, but the S-100 receiver in 30-06 is the same length as a regular AKM receiver.

I think you may be onto something with replacing the receiver instead of rewelding. Only problem is you would have to machine out the mag well, and No a PSL receiver wouldn't be any easier to change the magwell on.

My thought would be to use a Nodak Spud Yugo or RPK receiver with the trunion bulges, since the S-100 has one.

Or maybe I need to take a look at mine again.

The only problem with swapping the receiver I can see is you are esentially building a rifle that isn't a saiga, since it would not be marked as such on the receiver. However, I did have another thought today, what about the m76 receiver that ohio rapid fire sells, it is milled and designed for use with the 8mm mauser cartridge. 8mm is only slightly shorter than 30-06, the mags might work. Those receivers are set up for a buttstock and pistol grip, and they have to scope rail on the side.

• 2 months later...
Tony, you did it again. I think it's too cool. I want one.

hey,great job as allway's.I would pay for an 06,with a ten round mag!Stocks built out like an m1a1.saiga's are not match grade,but are aqllways life grade.give me,a ten round .06.that has draganof style.6 to 8 hundred ,4to 5 inch zero..I would add yet another Saiga to my stable.!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
OK, don't flame me here, but would it be possible to use a psl receiver (either a mostly finished one or an 80%) and the parts from the saiga 30-06. It might be less work than the conversion tony did, or it may be more, I'm not sure. Just an idea, I think the psl receivers are longer, might solve the problem of trying to stuff a larger high cap mag in (space issues and all). Psl receivers are designed for heavier recoil of the 76.54R, this might solve the problem someone brought up about the scope mount and receiver warping. The front trunion would most likely need to be pressed off the barrel and swapped with one that has the bulges on each side (perhaps a standard yugo trunnion would work?) The saiga 100 could be used like ak builders use parts kits. What about using a milled type receiver instead of the one that is on the saiga? It would definately beef up the rifle, and would take care of the issue of fitting a pistol grip and standard stock. Just some ideas, I just got done with a psl build and a sniper/designated marksman rifle in 30-06 of this type would be very cool. (Also like the Zavasta M76 8mm sniper rifle)

I know this is extremely hard to believe, but the S-100 receiver in 30-06 is the same length as a regular AKM receiver.

I think you may be onto something with replacing the receiver instead of rewelding. Only problem is you would have to machine out the mag well, and No a PSL receiver wouldn't be any easier to change the magwell on.

My thought would be to use a Nodak Spud Yugo or RPK receiver with the trunion bulges, since the S-100 has one.

Or maybe I need to take a look at mine again.

The only problem with swapping the receiver I can see is you are esentially building a rifle that isn't a saiga, since it would not be marked as such on the receiver. However, I did have another thought today, what about the m76 receiver that ohio rapid fire sells, it is milled and designed for use with the 8mm mauser cartridge. 8mm is only slightly shorter than 30-06, the mags might work. Those receivers are set up for a buttstock and pistol grip, and they have to scope rail on the side.

I recall mulling over these options a while ago, when I got it into my head that it would be spiffy to have a 8mm'06 AK as an inexpensive, rugged & reliable hunting tool. The first obstacle was the expensiveness with most things related to the M76, which is a pity, cause i imagine they would sell really well here as 8mm semiauto sport/hunting rifles (as they most likely do in Serbia.) Then came the realization that it was potentially possible with the custom NoDak RPK receiver (combined with S100/PSL/M76 parts) but that it would be a job so technically demanding that I would have to be either really competent or really serious about doing it, which for the time being i am not, as this kind of defeats part of the purpose for me.

• 1 year later...

No descriptions. You are just cruel. What ya got there? Hmmmm. Looks like a 100 to me. I been a wantin one. And I live really close to Mr. 76. Been to his house a couple times. Hint, hint. Can you build another one? Hmmmmmmm............. Just curious.

No descriptions. You are just cruel. What ya got there? Hmmmm. Looks like a 100 to me. I been a wantin one. And I live really close to Mr. 76. Been to his house a couple times. Hint, hint. Can you build another one? Hmmmmmmm............. Just curious.

That's the gun from Tonys linked pics that no longer work.

4 year old thread. He won't ever make another one.

Yea, I knew it was an old thread, but Krisfox posted a pic with nothing else. He does some cool shit sometimes and I was hoping it was a: look what I did pic. He is associated with Shannon as well and he just lives down the road from me. Wishful thinking on my part. I have been dreaming of a 30/06 setup just like my .308 for a couple of years now. Wishful thinking, guess I will have to get that 1919a4 after all.

post-16335-1268680461806_thumb.jpg

Yea, I knew it was an old thread, but Krisfox posted a pic with nothing else. He does some cool shit sometimes and I was hoping it was a: look what I did pic. He is associated with Shannon as well and he just lives down the road from me. Wishful thinking on my part. I have been dreaming of a 30/06 setup just like my .308 for a couple of years now. Wishful thinking, guess I will have to get that 1919a4 after all.

post-16335-1268680461806_thumb.jpg

If I can find a Saiga 30.06 I want to attempt a conversion similar to this on it.

If someone has two Saiga 30.06s I'd do the work in exchange for me keeping one of them :super:

ETA: I plan to use BAR mags.

Edited by KrisFox
  • 4 months later...