Grandparents think something is wrong with me...

So I am over at my parents house, I have my AR and my Converted .223 with me. I am in the living room with my AR next to me & my Saiga torn down. I am sitting on the floor with a few mags around me and a file. I am going to town on a Bulgi .223 waffle mag trying to get it just right.

My Grandpa says "What the h*ll are you going to hunt with those?" For my parents sake I refrained from saying "people". Instead I just said "varmint".

Then my Grandpa sees me filing down one of the mags and says. "Get that thing outa here. What, are you trying to make it automatic?!"

I just shake my head, and keep working.

He walks outa the room mumbling "kids gunna get himself in trouble".

I am still giggling inside...

Yeah, we do not communicate well, even when we try.

He thinks I should live my life the way he thinks I should. Thinks I am too free spirited. I just say life is too short to work all the time. When its time to work, I am working. But when I am done, it's PLAY TIME!

Yeah,

There are a lot of "scared" people out there. Just wait until they need YOU, and your toys, in the future. THEN, they'll be "all happy" to have you around.

Get used to this injustice by people wearing blinders.

Yeah, I love it when hunters (read: people who only own bolt actions, but fellow gun owners, nonetheless) think any "assault weapon" should be banned because it's not "sporting."

Last I checked, the 2A doesn't read "...the right of the people to keep and bear sporting arms..."

This behavior baffles me, to say the least.

Eh, once I get my Saiga, my dad won't care whether I convert it or not; he hates guns. My 10/22 is slightly tolerable to him, but he thinks one gun is enough. It's odd, though; I know his dad had a 10 gauge.

My mom doesn't care all that much, and my uncles from her side of the family would only have one problem: they couldn't shoot it unless they come up here to Oregon; they live in the PRK. :P

So I am over at my parents house, I have my AR and my Converted .223 with me. I am in the living room with my AR next to me & my Saiga torn down. I am sitting on the floor with a few mags around me and a file. I am going to town on a Bulgi .223 waffle mag trying to get it just right.

My Grandpa says "What the h*ll are you going to hunt with those?" For my parents sake I refrained from saying "people". Instead I just said "varmint".

Then my Grandpa sees me filing down one of the mags and says. "Get that thing outa here. What, are you trying to make it automatic?!"

I just shake my head, and keep working.

He walks outa the room mumbling "kids gunna get himself in trouble".

I am still giggling inside...

just be like, "No, to convert to full auto, you have to drill a hole thru the receiver right.... here." :angel:

Yeah, I love it when hunters (read: people who only own bolt actions, but fellow gun owners, nonetheless) think any "assault weapon" should be banned because it's not "sporting."

Last I checked, the 2A doesn't read "...the right of the people to keep and bear sporting arms..."

wow. you are in the same boat as me. out here in SW PA, the range is full of hunters with bolt actions. And I do get looks of disgust when i bring out my sks or saiga. i want someone to say something 1 time so i can say "hey buddy. i shoot for fun, i shoot targets. You're the one shooting to kill something. grow up"

wow. you are in the same boat as me. out here in SW PA, the range is full of hunters with bolt actions. And I do get looks of disgust when i bring out my sks or saiga. i want someone to say something 1 time so i can say "hey buddy. i shoot for fun, i shoot targets. You're the one shooting to kill something. grow up"

At least you can still take your SKS or Saiga to the range...all the local ones i know of have a strict "no semi auto larger than .22 rule" (Blair County) have to find private land to shoot on espically since they closed off the stripping up near Phillipsburg....

At least you can still take your SKS or Saiga to the range...all the local ones i know of have a strict "no semi auto larger than .22 rule" (Blair County) have to find private land to shoot on espically since they closed off the stripping up near Phillipsburg....

Yeah that sucks... I get all the looks of discust too... Its stupid, why can't people just see that we are fellow firearm enthusiests as well? I own hunting rifles and shotguns as well, they just arent as fun to shoot.

Hey, another SW PA guy! I usually shoot long guns at an abandoned slag dump, so I don't have to worry about hunty types whining about evil black rifles. I'm from Greensburg, where are you?

Yeah that sucks... I get all the looks of discust too... Its stupid, why can't people just see that we are fellow firearm enthusiests as well? I own hunting rifles and shotguns as well, they just arent as fun to shoot.

well at the club i have a membership at, they had the 25yd posts destroyed, ie completely cut down by gunfire. They claim it was semi automatic fire, which is a good possibility but there is almost nobody ever up there (club officers) except this time of the year when they can drill us for money (rifle season for deer). I'm willing to bet that if i was up there with my target style AK with a 5 or 10rder they wouldn't have a problem with me shooting it at paper.

Hey, another SW PA guy! I usually shoot long guns at an abandoned slag dump, so I don't have to worry about hunty types whining about evil black rifles. I'm from Greensburg, where are you?

ha you're close. i live near washington. where is this dump at? I need somewhere else to go

• 2 weeks later...

ha you're close. i live near washington. where is this dump at? I need somewhere else to go

another washington guy here. Me and zack go shooting alot. :wub:

that's a good attitude, life is too short. guns are cool.

Yeah, we do not communicate well, even when we try.

He thinks I should live my life the way he thinks I should. Thinks I am too free spirited. I just say life is too short to work all the time. When its time to work, I am working. But when I am done, it's PLAY TIME!

Part of the liberal brainwashing. Get ready for another good dose.

Yeah,

There are a lot of "scared" people out there. Just wait until they need YOU, and your toys, in the future. THEN, they'll be "all happy" to have you around.

Get used to this injustice by people wearing blinders.

• 2 weeks later...
well at the club i have a membership at, they had the 25yd posts destroyed, ie completely cut down by gunfire. They claim it was semi automatic fire, which is a good possibility but there is almost nobody ever up there (club officers) except this time of the year when they can drill us for money (rifle season for deer). I'm willing to bet that if i was up there with my target style AK with a 5 or 10rder they wouldn't have a problem with me shooting it at paper.

Send me their address/phone number... I will call them up and give them some range maintenance tips that will get ya 50 bmg's on semiauto going there... we NEVER have a range fence shot down...

and I mean NEVER... not in all the years have I been going have we had to replace anything other than 10 feet of plastic snow fence on each berm. we do that about every couple months, or when needed... very cheap. and works awesome. we also supply the clothespins to attach the paper targets to the snow fence.

let me post a shot or three of my range, here...

range0.jpg

range1.jpg

range2.jpg

Show your rangemasters that place... and ask them to sink rebar, and tie up some snowfence with steel wire. it works AWESOME! No more shot up wooden posts... neat, clean, easy maintenance.

:smoke:

Heh, guess my range is cool like that... they use treebranches for target posts. If one gets blown apart, they walk out to the woods to get a new one.

Man, WTF, though? I've just been thinking about

That's what you call maintenance and upkeep. Sure, somepeople may shoot the posts on purpose, but some people may just miss and accidentally shoot the post.

Whoever runs your range must be a a cheap POS moron. You have maintenance and upkeep on ANY business you own.

Or house.

Or car.

That's it, next time you're there, ask him where he gets his tires that don't wear out or his car that never needs new brakes.

Dumbass.

Edited by BlenderWizard

Sorry about the late reply, but it's in Hunker, right down Rt. 70.

I hear yah!

Most of the guys I work with Hunt and own several shotguns and rifles. They still descriminate against me and my black rifles.

I have gotten so sick of hearing the phrase "What do ya need something like that for". Or the best is "Those are illegal".

I think they had better keep up to date with they're laws! Not to mention the fact that there is nothing wrong with owning and having fun with semi auto rifles.

Later,

Matt

When they say "Those are illegal" Thats when ya giggle, say " I know... I bought it in an alley, black market style, from some drug dealer punk... I hear he killed some cops with this VERY SAME gun!!!" And then go about your business... Thats SURE to make them get all weirded out... LOL

I mean Christ... *IF* it was illegal how *DID* you manage to BUY IT in the first place?!?!!?? some people are just morons...

:smoke:

LOL in south Florida is not a day that at the public range of about 20 or 30 benches that is not at list

some AR15 or AK or something else, I have see some people with 12G Saigas and other Saigas rifles

but is common to see all kind of hardware in all colors and sizes, until you guys did this topic

I haven't really pay to much attention to what people shoot at the range but I will say that

half of the shooters on Saturdays use high cap mags rifles at the range, something you

will never get in here is a question of why U want that gun or is that gun illegal.

You guys should see the amount and variety of guns people own on this part of the country.