Well, I just bought me one of those select fire DROZDs that Baikal makes. I just would like to rub it in a little bit that I only paid 175 for it new through my local shop. If you go look, you cant get them off the net for that cheap anywhere. Its too bad there arent more guys like the ones that run my local shop. wish ya'll got deals like they give me from your shops. Anyway, it should be here wed. or thurs he said, and Ill post accuracy info and such when I get it.

Hi all

just took a look at the DROZD , hey they look great (apart from the yellow bits lol) and i bet they are great fun in the back yard. but i dont think they will ever come over to England as ANY weapon capable of firing more that one shot per trigger pull is in danger of being classified as section 5 (prohibited) lol sometimes our government classifies an air pistol as dangerous as say an ingram simply because it can spray some pellets around. look foreward to piks when you get it.

have fun

assassin

well it has a selector for semi-3-or 6 burst, a selector for 3 burst rates, its electronically fired, the co2 cart goes in the detachable magazine (im buying a few i think), takes 30 shots in the mag, and apparantly does 400 fps roughly, but it is adjustable from what I am seeing. the way it comes from the factory, you can get 90 shots out of one cart, less if you crank it up, more if you turn it down. so far, thats all i know about it other than its gonna be canary yellow for about ten minutes after i get it, and it looks fun as hell to shoot.

Yeah, I bought one a while back. Its fun, but I wish EAA made an air soft conversion for them. You are going to need a speed loader (I think it comes with one.... if not you better get one) I've tried 4.5mm plastic plinkers for the drozd and the bb makarov, and I've found they dont work well. When your up close they hurt like hell (enough to give a blood welt) and to far away the bb flys way off and you can barely feel it if it does hit you.

http://www.makarov.com/drozd/index.html

(just about everyting is sold out here, but the pics are still up)

(they use to have the bb makarovs here, but I cant find they as well)

hope you enjoy it Bvamp!

Yeah, I bought one a while back. Its fun, but I wish EAA made an air soft conversion for them. You are going to need a speed loader (I think it comes with one.... if not you better get one) I've tried 4.5mm plastic plinkers for the drozd and the bb makarov, and I've found they dont work well. When your up close they hurt like hell (enough to give a blood welt) and to far away the bb flys way off and you can barely feel it if it does hit you.

http://www.makarov.com/drozd/index.html

(just about everyting is sold out here, but the pics are still up)

(they use to have the bb makarovs here, but I cant find they as well)

hope you enjoy it Bvamp!

if you're looking for a good full auto airsoft, than maybe you should check out this...

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/prod...jsp?prodID=9162

~1200 rounds per minute, and for $112, you cant go wrong.

yeah, that is a good price. I always wanted the AK Spetsnaz but those were 300 min. Thus since I already had some decent guns and didnt feel like getting anymore toys I messed around with what I had. But that didnt matter much anyway, where I live there isnt really much of a place to play airsoft (there isnt paintball either) and no one else ever got any airsoft guns. I did get a cheap $80 bold action air soft rifle which shoots pretty darn good to a point. *shrug*

you cant take a bb man? come on now, you can play that game with a 22LR (i am not suggesting anyone TRY it) in the winter with loads of clothes on and just get bruised up. paint ball bruises the hell out of you anyway...turn the regulator ? ?? down on your DROZD. I plan to see if its feasible, which i am sure it is, to pop my buddies in the ass with it when i get it....there is a little potentiometer you can adjust for the amount of co2 released per round....turn it down if it hurts too much...i am sure it will work well for a paintball match, though it wont outright mark where you hit people... I must play with different ppl than you all, because my opponents say when they get hit....or i drill them repeatedly until they do... :)

I think the DROZD would be pretty kick as if you could adapt them to use a constant air tank instead of the standard CO2 cartridges...and not to mention if you could bump up the velocity to about 500-600 fps...and you could imagine if you could run nitrogen instead of CO2...lol

you can adjust the regulator to change muzzle velocity. turn it down for fun with the friends, turn it up for your 500+ fps. its under the little rubber plug on the right side of the gun. nitro would be a good thing i would think. I wonder if the electronics could work with it.

Edited by Bvamp

are you suggesting using metal or plastic?

it wont work with plastic, Unless you stand at 5 feet or less. Unless like you said you turn the co2 up, but then if anyone gets shot at close range I would feel sorry for them.

well after two and a half weeks or more, it finnaly got here. EAA Corp. is some company i tell ya. At least it got here, and was the correct thing. came with a speedloader, the stock, and the extension for the stock as well. not bad for 175, I dont think. tested it out bout 1/2 hour ago, and its a BLAST to shoot. as much fun as hanging out drinkin beer with the boys here plinking with 22s. I dont know though, I felt really strange buying co2 and BBs at my gun shop LOL. Going to go see what kind of grouping I can get with it out at my buddy's house with the big yard. Totally recommend this toy gun to anyone that is in a non-class3 state like I am. By the way, anybody know the correct paint to spray this thing with? would vinyl dashboard paint work ya think?

post-21-1089929440.jpg

You could either clean it real good with alcohol (Isoprobyl type, aka rubbing alcohol), then use a good epoxy base paint. Second recomendation would be to go to a local auto paint supplier and ask for plastic primer. It is normally an aresol type clear primer that is commonly used for bumper, grills, etc...it works pretty good...

Edited by Gunrunner

well, i cant figure out how to take the damned thing apart! going to have to search it up, and get me some info. I want to change the cyclic speed if possible. Seems to shoot well with the first and second loadings of a fresh co2, gets pretty bad on the third. want to turn mine down a HAIR to get a better end of the 3rd stack. Accuracy for mine was tested at 50-60 yards or so on a 1 foot square tile box. I would say 25 out of 30 hit the box. BBs are only so accurate, because they bounce around the barrel a little on thier way out. If I can get this thing apart, I am going to look into making a barrel extension to help accuracy out. from my past experiences with air guns, I would guess a new cart gives about 400-450 fps. pretty flat trajectory out to 50-60 yards.

Another thing is, this really isnt a toy. I know ya'll know that, but this one is a lot different than the air guns I had as a kid. its pretty easy to leave the power on and the trigger is fairly light on it. I can see a careless young-un having an accident. The gun will NOT fire any more shots once you let off the trigger, if you do bump it on accident, though, which is definately a good thing. I had figured this one was going to put all 3 or 6 shots out with a touch of the trigger, but it doesnt. Definately a cool gun. My friend's anti-gun wife had a blast with it. I was tempted to let her pop me in the ass with it, but I figured she would have kept shooting me if I had told her to do that. :) Now to get her up to shoot the AR15...

oh yeh....the quality of the metal parts and the fit of the moulded parts is 100 times better than my saiga, which is from the same company LOL. go figure, right?