So I just came back from the local Dunhams, had to pick up some patches, .22 ammo nothing too special but I always find myself checking out the rack while I'm in there.

That being said I was wearing my Team Saiga hoodie and this prompted the "I know everything " salesman to start to inform the customer he was talking with about how great saigas are and such.....which I don't have a problem advertising with my sweatshirt. The only problem I saw with this is the complete lack of current information, ie you can get the saiga shotguns in 28 gauge...you guys know that? Or how about that the rifles are available in .243? The new ones are coming out soon in .243 WSSM...bet you didn't know that either.

You can't argue with idoits they have nothing to fight back with so I paid for my supplies and left.

Is this the routine anymore? I've been spoiled by the few good local shops and don't go into the larger stores all that often so I'm curious to see what the experiences of my fellow board members are.

I've always liked watching the Soccer Moms lose it when little Biffie Jr. spies the weapons carousel in the sporting goods section of Wal Mart and (like most normal boys would) runs over there to spin it to see what they have got to offer. :google::up:

You would think the store was selling anatomically correct sex toys under clear glass cases (and having live demonstrations on how to use them) by the way some of those bitches fly off the handle and loose it. :eek::lol:

I've always liked watching the Soccer Moms lose it when little Biffie Jr. spies the weapons carousel in the sporting goods section of Wal Mart and (like most normal boys would) runs over there to spin it to see what they have got to offer. :google::up:

You would think the store was selling anatomically correct sex toys under clear glass cases (and having live demonstrations on how to use them) by the way some of those bitches fly off the handle and loose it. :eek::lol:

Yup, I've seen that happen plenty of times at Walmart. My son looks up at me with one of those "That person is weird" looks and we continue with our ammunition/target/camo purchase. I have also heard the "Real AK" WASR thing at Dunham's....Jeeesh! And some kid actually told me that it is against federal law to alter a firearm in any way. I thanked him for the usefull warning as I paid for my folding stock, laser bore sighter and drill bits.....lol. 3 out of 4 of the guys that work at Dunhams out here don't know anything about guns but think its "cool" to sell them...Especially the Thompsons. The other guy scares me!

Yup, I've seen that happen plenty of times at Walmart. My son looks up at me with one of those "That person is weird" looks and we continue with our ammunition/target/camo purchase. I have also heard the "Real AK" WASR thing at Dunham's....Jeeesh! And some kid actually told me that it is against federal law to alter a firearm in any way. I thanked him for the usefull warning as I paid for my folding stock, laser bore sighter and drill bits.....lol. 3 out of 4 of the guys that work at Dunhams out here don't know anything about guns but think its "cool" to sell them...Especially the Thompsons. The other guy scares me!

must be them quality Pa Dunhams stores..

Howdy folks!

In my opinion it is a relatively scarry situation knowing that some poor dumb kid or an uninformed

adult pass the same lousy misinformation to ALL there customers.

I am new Saiga owner as of October. I own many other rifles, however they are all made in here America.

So long as you stay above 26" in length (30" here in Michigan) and don't drop an auto shear into your ARMALITE. you are pretty much free to do what you wish. made in usa aok!

Now that I have bought two 12Cs, I try to get info at the local DICK'S or Dunham's, SURPRISE-your on your way to build a NON 922R compliant gun. walking away thinking everything is cool because the Dunham's guy said so. Scary stuff!

I can see from the post that nearly everyone of you have greater knowledge th the guy who sells the GUNS!

doesn't this bother anyone??

Gee WIZ! I sure am glad I found all you Knuckleheads :wub: The whole forum has been very helpfully with all my NOOB questions and from what I have read, very few real assholes like McUzi to let others know of their shortcomings in firearms or racism.

God Bless, Thanks for ALL your continued help

Happy Thanksgiving :angel:

Edited by Juggernaut
I can see from the post that nearly everyone of you have greater knowledge th the guy who sells the GUNS!

Nah, they only thing I expect from those sales people are the ability to not drop the damn thing before it gets in my hands. I have seen it happen twice - two different people/locations.

There's a couple Dunhams employees that post on here and they're fighting the good fight for us. Usually each store will have 1 or 2 really good guys. The rest are, well... :unsure:

Nah, they only thing I expect from those sales people are the ability to not drop the damn thing before it gets in my hands. I have seen it happen twice - two different people/locations.

There's a couple Dunhams employees that post on here and they're fighting the good fight for us. Usually each store will have 1 or 2 really good guys. The rest are, well... :unsure:

I tried to join the fight...didn't want to hire me