Need help with FCG reassembly

Can you folks tell me if I have this right?

A. Tab at end of relocated trigger goes over end of transfer bar.

B. Tabs at forward end of transfer bar go under modified (looks cutoff to me and I dont know what the right part name is) trigger.

C. Sear goes into middle of modified trigger

Lastly, what is the circled part in the upper right hand corner of my pic and where does it go?

fcgorientation-1.jpg

When you say relocated trigger, do you mean you have converted the gun to the correct military configuration? OR do you mean the position of the trigger on the sporter rifle is relocated from the military configuration?

Also, is that a pic you took of your FCG? or a stock image from someplace? The circled part looks like a profie view of the hammer.

If the rifle is in sporter config, then A B and C are all correct, just remember, that the disconnector needs to have a spring in between it and the modified single hook trigger.

If you have converted from sporter to military config, then you just need a new Tapco G2 trigger (for compliance, and to replace the sporter one) and you have to salvage the disconnector spring from the sporter trigger. put the spring between the disconnector and trigger, and put it into the receiver (easier said than done).

In both cases make sure the FCG retaining plate, or Shepards crook are holding the FCG pins in place.

When you say relocated trigger, do you mean you have converted the gun to the correct military configuration? OR do you mean the position of the trigger on the sporter rifle is relocated from the military configuration?

Also, is that a pic you took of your FCG? or a stock image from someplace? The circled part looks like a profie view of the hammer.

If the rifle is in sporter config, then A B and C are all correct, just remember, that the disconnector needs to have a spring in between it and the modified single hook trigger.

If you have converted from sporter to military config, then you just need a new Tapco G2 trigger (for compliance, and to replace the sporter one) and you have to salvage the disconnector spring from the sporter trigger. put the spring between the disconnector and trigger, and put it into the receiver (easier said than done).

In both cases make sure the FCG retaining plate, or Shepards crook are holding the FCG pins in place.

By relocated trigger, I mean the trigger itself (A). I dont know what the correct term is. What I'm trying to do is convert a standard NDS3 receiver to accept these Saiga parts. Its for a buddy in CA.

The pic is of the parts he gave me.

Dont know what the circled part is. The hammer is on the far right. Someone told me it might be a retarder of some sort that goes next to the sear as it sits inside the modified trigger part ©. Is it not needed?

Is there a spacer of some sort that keeps the trigger (A) in the middle of the receiver? It would help if I had a schematic of some sort for the Saigas but I cant seem to find one anyplace. Or does anyone have a pic of the inside of a Saiga receiver?

Anyway, thanks for the help!

If you want to wait a little while I can take a pic of the inside of one of my 7.62's

There is a sleeve that holds the disconnector © and that funky retarder thing all together with the trigger (B)

You are also missing the disconnector spring. It goes up inside that hole in the back of the disconnector.

Here ya go dv8...cool handle :smoke:

You should actually have three springs, a very small one for the disco, a big one like the one pictured here to retain the axis pins, and the hammer spring shown in the gun with the two legs on the trigger legs.

post-1293-1164260521_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1164260538_thumb.jpg