Mangled Brass

Does anyone else get scored, or dented ejected casings from their S-308?

I was shooting 150 grain winchester SP. Not exactly 7.62X51 Nato spec.

Accuracy was great at 100 yards with 8X42 POSP. I'm pleased with this rifle, but

I am concerned about using these thin brass cartriges.

Thoughts?

That's great news. I noticed that not every casing was dented. I don't reload, so no biggie.

Thanks!

You should give it a try. It's not expensive to get started, and you will have superior ammo for a fraction of the cost of what you're paying for Winchester.

Even if you don't want to reload right away, save your brass. You may want to later on, and you won't kick yourself for not saving it.

And there are always folks like me who would be glad to take that brass off your hands.

"Even if you don't want to reload right away, save your brass. You may want to later on, and you won't kick yourself for not saving it."

Yeah. The way the political landscape is shaping up, you may want to save your brass. What looks cheap or useless to you today may be a treasure tomorrow.

This time last year, there was a TON of .308 ammo around. No hurry. No worry.

Today....it's a different story. No surplus .308 around and NONE on the horizon.

BTW, all AK's bash the heck out of brass which is another reason to use steel cased ammo when you can.