10rnd Trouble

I am having some problems with the new APG mags. The first two-three rounds do not want to feed. The rounds do not seem to be getting all the way up out of feed lips and into the chamber. Consequently, the bolt will slam them into the bottom of the chamber. I can pull back on the bolt handle and this will allow the round to pop up into position, I then have to slap the bolt handle home to get the round in the chamber. As the bolt rides over the top of the mag it seems to slow down, has anyone else had these problems?

Thanks

I am having some problems with the new APG mags. The first two-three rounds do not want to feed. The rounds do not seem to be getting all the way up out of feed lips and into the chamber. Consequently, the bolt will slam them into the bottom of the chamber. I can pull back on the bolt handle and this will allow the round to pop up into position, I then have to slap the bolt handle home to get the round in the chamber. As the bolt rides over the top of the mag it seems to slow down, has anyone else had these problems?

Thanks

Why don't you just wait for the new feed lips to arrive?

Edited by Conju

Yeah all that you said seems to be happening to me, but no worries ill just pop my five rounder's lips on the ten and wait for the spring steel ones to arrive.

Just put on factory feed lips and it feeds fine. The bolt still rides over the first shell a little hard but thats nothing that Jerics LRBHO wont fix.

Edited by Azkamidaka

just got mine tonight, IMEDIATLY ripped that box open, threw rounds in them, and put them in the gun....

they are HARD to get in on a closed bolt, but if you line it up JUST right it'll go...

one of the mags wouldn't unload, the follower got fouled so I tapped it a few times to get it to spring back, then sprayed some cleaner/lube in it and it was perfectly fine loaded easier and ran through the gun easy.....

I didn't get to go SHOOT, but I manually fed them through, I also had the first round problem, but a little tap fixed it perfectly

I went to the range today and fired rounds from all four mags. I have two that worked great, and two that had some feeding problems on the first two rounds. I took some of Cobra's words of wisdom and applied it to one of the mags that I was having trouble with last night. After taking the mag apart and using a #2 pencil to color the surfaces of the mag that made contact with the follower, this mag worked fine at the range. I must say that I am partly relieved that these mags seem to work, but I hope that the new followers will fix the rest of the feeding problems. On a side note, I am a firearms instructor for a security firm, and I had a class out on the range today with a guest instructor from Nevada. Most of the students had never seen a Saiga 12C or seen what 10rnds of 2 3/4 in #6 can do to a target standing at 15 yards. I cut the entire target and the stand in half with just 10rnds in about 5-6 seconds. Needless to say the students were motivated and the guest instructor was laughing and asking to try it out. :killer:

Thanks

FYI. . .the older S-12s have a rather sharp, and feed-unfriendly, step at the bottom on the chamber opening. On my older s-12, I dremmeled the offending "step" down to eliminate the problem. On the newer EXP-01s (e.g., my new 2006 S-12), Izhmash has actually pre-ground the offending ledge at the factory. I ground it a tad more.

I have my doubts about the new 10 rd. mags, which I will see played out on this forum, BUT. . .the problem you describe is the leading edge of the shell catching on the "ledge" I described. Dremmel it so it looks like a smooth, crescent taper.