In a post here somewhere someone alluded to the possibility of using a plastic lock nut to replace the missing PG nut when doing a PG conversion.

Could anyone shed some light on the subject and tell me the specs of the nut so I can go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get one?

Thanks,

Also, what are the dimensions for the plastic plugs to fill the receiver holes?

Edited by Ax-Man

Well, since I'm planning on using the Tapco SAW-style grip, I guess I'm in luck!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't need the regular grip nut cutout for this mounting option, right? I can't really tell from the photos, but it looks like you just mount through the Saiga trigger slot!

Like I posted in the other thead, you can just put a carriage bolt down thru the trigger slot and thru the rear hole of the Saw gip, then put a lockunt on the inside. A carriage bolt is one of those bolts with the round head and not place to put a wrench or screwdriver. It has square corners on the underside of the head that lock into a square opening like the trigger slot and keep it fro turning when you tighten the nut. You just have to put a slight bend on the bolt to match the angle of the grip.

For this application you don't need to cut the square hole required for a PG nut.

That was the only thing I was worried about w/ my "soon-to-be-here" x39. I had read that the x39s didn't have the PG nut hole in the receiver. This makes it really easy!

What length carriage bolt do you use? I'd like to have the storage space in the grip available still. Just get one the same length as the Tapco-supplied bolt?