Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

Here is mine Saiga 7.62, own two of them and will post both pics after upgrade completion of second rifle. Izhmash stock, tapco handguard, bushnell scope, utg legs, magpul mags ...

I am scared of changing more in my state (NJ), it is enough for now. Second Saiga will have better illuminated Bushnell scope, muzzle brake in addition to all this on picture. I love to shot both :)

p828234243-5.jpg

Edited by mbjku
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

I actually really like the Saiganov stocks.  I also have the Tapco Intrafuse handguard on mine. I am putting a K-Var nato length stock on my Saiga (unconverted) but have the Saiganov stock for trips out of Kalifornistan to Free America. I am putting an aluminum trough in my Tapco handguards to act as a heat shield, and adding a standard vented gas tube with polymer top handguard to increase protection.

Here is mine Saiga 7.62, own two of them and will post both pics after upgrade completion of second rifle. Izhmash stock, tapco handguard, bushnell scope, utg legs, magpul mags ...
I am scared of changing more in my state (NJ), it is enough for now. Second Saiga will have better illuminated Bushnell scope, muzzle brake in addition to all this on picture. I love to shot both smile.png

p828234243-5.jpg

Edited by imarangemaster

Here is mine Saiga's 7.62, own two of them. Izhmash stock, tapco handguard, bushnell scopes, utg legs, magpul mags, one is with Guntec muzzle to see difference ...

I am scared of changing more in my state (NJ), it is enough for now.

Latest Shots:

p891073925-5.jpg

p1006011210-5.jpg

With my collection of Izhmash made AK bayonets 

p979534909-5.jpg

Edited by mbjku

Here are some of the Saiga builds I have done since 2007, starting with most recent first, going backwards in time:  SOme are ones I did for me, and some were for others. Download warning lots of pics!  Fist two are the same weapon. Top is my Kalifornication version, and the second is my free America version.

Featureless1_zps27d7a1d7.jpg

Saiga2_zpsa825ffb5.jpg

Saiga5-1.jpg

PlumSaiga223.jpg

Saiga1-3.jpg

RetroSaiga.jpg

MySaigaBaby.jpg

Here are some of the Saiga builds I have done since 2007, starting with most recent first, going backwards in time:  Most are ones I did for me, and two were for others. Download warning lots of pics! 

Saiga2_zpsa825ffb5.jpg
Saiga5-1.jpg
PlumSaiga223.jpg
Saiga1-3.jpg
RetroSaiga.jpg
MySaigaBaby.jpg
Saiga1.jpg

MySaiga223.jpg

Edited by imarangemaster
  • Like 2
Here are some of the Saiga builds I have done since 2007, starting with most recent first, going backwards in time:  Most are ones I did for me, and two were for others. Download warning lots of pics! 

First is my current saiga, my "featureless" Kalifornication version, and the second is the same 7.62 as my free America version.

Saiga2_zpsa825ffb5.jpg

Plum Crazy 7.62x39.  My favorite.

Saiga5-1.jpg

These two are the same.  Later version first.

PlumSaiga223.jpg

Saiga1-3.jpg

7.62x39 Saiga

RetroSaiga.jpg

My second Saiga, a 7.62x39.  I sold it to get a dimpled one (above)

MySaigaBaby.jpg

My first Saiga, a 223. Later version first, then first effort. (2007)

Saiga1.jpg

MySaiga223.jpg

Edited by imarangemaster
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First post from germany here!

Wanted to show you guys my saiga mk / 7.62x39mm

And want to ask a question!

After i filed down the magcatch to fit milsurp and magpul mags in, the gun is running fine just without a feeding ramp.

BUT every round i chamber does have a scratch at the bullet and the casing.

And if i chamber a round often enough (7 to 8 times in a row /tried it with dummy rounds yesterday) the head of the bullet gets dull and the neck of the casing will get ripped apart.

Chimps helped me out with a bulletguide from caroliner shooters but when i install it right in the middle / without overlappingwith the right "notch" of the barrel, the bolt will not close / hangs up.

But enough talk, here are some pics!

20243012du.jpg

20243013ul.jpg

Installed the following:

US Palm Grip

Tapco G2 Triggergroup

Ultamak rail

Aimpoint H1 (changed from eotech to aimpoint for reasons)

SRVV 7.62 brake

Retainerplate from krebs custom

Krebs custom Safety MK IV S

Solar Tactical MFER (which works pretty damn well!)

Edited by Lumpensack

The siblings together. Ivan the Terrible (.308) and Ivan the Great (x39)

Love that look too... where did you get that setup, and what does the x39 weigh unloaded?

Anyways, here's mine, CSS conversion, Magpul grip, Phoenix Warsaw stock with compartment, and some camo tape for comfy cheek in the cold. The front of the sling is held by a stainless braid keychain thing sheathed in paracord casing...going to find a better mount eventually.

saiga_converted.jpg

I like the factory foregrip...but I need to get a flashlight up there and a true left-hand sling mount... any suggestions are welcome, including modding the factory. I dont want it to look to tactical..it's a dedicated D/H/V gun.

The siblings together. Ivan the Terrible (.308) and Ivan the Great (x39)

Love that look too... where did you get that setup, and what does the x39 weigh unloaded?

Anyways, here's mine, CSS conversion, Magpul grip, Phoenix Warsaw stock with compartment, and some camo tape for comfy cheek in the cold. The front of the sling is held by a stainless braid keychain thing sheathed in paracord casing...going to find a better mount eventually.

saiga_converted.jpg

I like the factory foregrip...but I need to get a flashlight up there and a true left-hand sling mount... any suggestions are welcome, including modding the factory. I dont want it to look to tactical..it's a dedicated D/H/V gun.

Not sure of the weight, but not a whole lot of weight. Bought the stock with butt stock and vented handguard from Krebs along with a 1000m Vepr rear sight. What can I say, I am a ballistic optimist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Before

6FMyEaW.jpg

After

T58k2v2.jpg

Just picked this little beauty up a week ago, Saiga 7.62 looks brand new with no wear inside. Used a CSS kit to convert the trigger with Magpul PG, Phoenix butt stock, and converted it to take AK mags.

Not really sure what else I want to do, maybe vent the factory hand guard with a dremel, might go with synthetic AK handguard. Open to ideas.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This went from a total stock IZ132 to a full converted AK103 (Clone). Some detail work left to be done on it but shaping up very nicely. These photos were taken several days ago, the receiver is at my TIG welder getting holes filled then it'll be refinished. Trigger will be here on Monday. This is my first hands on full conversion on a Saiga. Sure is easy with the right tools, Thanks AK-Builder! wink.png

20150727_170254_zpsh4baiqhm.jpg

PART_1438048499621_20150727_170227_zpshf

Edited by Towerdog
  • 4 weeks later...

My unconverted Saiga with a skeleton stock, KVAR handguard, dinzag trigger job, dinzag vented gas tube, bushnell trs 25 red dot and guntec side mount.  I live in California so I had to also put a bullet button on my rifle.  I've been using US made magazines to be compliant but will be doing a gas piston change in the near future to be able to use the original magazines.  

post-49817-0-20552100-1440742134_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...