Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

I was in the mood to take pics of my Saigas,lets see your guns!Wish we could get a permanent sticky at the top of each caliber forum for pics only with desciptions with no replys,just PM's or Email for questions about the gun.I know alot of newer members like to see what others have done.

post-1029-1165652298_thumb.jpg

7.62x39

Ace non folding stock

Old style Fal grip

G2 trigger group

Ar15 flashider modified

Kobra red dot site

I went with real Saiga mags,no mods

Edited by Pointer
  • Like 2
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Ok I'm game :smoke:

post-1293-1164865881_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1178295117_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1178295134_thumb.jpg

Saiga 7.62 x 39

Tapco Double Hook G-2 FCG

Hotbarrel US made gas piston

1950's era Russian laminate HGs and PG

Romanian laminate stock stained to match

Original Russian slabside mag that I reblued (US made follower)

Bolt carrier beadblasted by pistonring8

Bulgarian gas tube & cleaning rod

Bulgarian 800m leaf sight

US made 74'style brake threaded on and held by detent pin installed in Saiga FSB

Bulgarian AK sling

Edited by Cobra 76 two
  • Like 3

Heres my first saiga, first conversion

post-1459-1164866579_thumb.jpg

heres up close of the vented hand guard

post-1459-1164866620_thumb.jpg

T-6 adjustable stock

SAW pistol grip

G2 fire control group

vented gas tube

vented front handguard

low rise weaver mount w/ red dot

Bulgarian waffle mag (bullet guide installed)

BHO safety lever

I like your style Crosshair. Here's mine with the OD furniture. I'm waiting for a 74 style brake from Dinzag to finnish it out.

post-4412-1164931731_thumb.jpg

TAPCO Saiga Galil Style Handguard

TAPCO T6 Collapsible Stock

TAPCO SAW Style Pistol Grip

Dinzag Bullet Guide

Dinzag AK74 Style Muzzle Brake ... coming soon

3/16" black nylon plugs for old FCG holes

Edited by CadMan

how does one actually tell if a part is made in the usa?

The internal parts I've seen have a little "US" raised on the steel. Sure its a technical formality, but look at it this way, you're replacing good parts with better parts!

i have seen things advertised as made in the usa but not engraved would those still count or should I look for things that are engraved just to be on the safe side?

how does one actually tell if a part is made in the usa?

The internal parts I've seen have a little "US" raised on the steel. Sure its a technical formality, but look at it this way, you're replacing good parts with better parts!

i have seen things advertised as made in the usa but not engraved would those still count or should I look for things that are engraved just to be on the safe side?

I prefer the parts that say USA or made in the USA on them. As long as you've got the receipt though it shouldn't matter.

All of the Tapco stuff says made in the USA on it.

Cobra 76 two,

I used my tiny little hobby files to widen the trunion just a little. I could get the bolt to go past the first part of the front trunion but could not get the lugs to lock.

I figured out that my bullet guide was too wide on the right side, so I dremeled it way down. Then I could get the lugs to lock but it was tight. had to use a rubber mallet to get the bolt back open by banging on the bolt carrier handle.

Then my bro bead blasted the inside of the front trunion. I just got it back from him a week ago. everything seemed to work, but the bolt still gets wedged forward tight when I load a round. I oiled the heck out of it and put a 10 round chinese mag in and blasted away. It ate any ammo I fed it after that.

The bolt still sticks a little when I let it slam forward but it works! No failure to eject and no jamms!

• 2 weeks later...

Kymasabe,

I love the look of your stock. Its very differnt than most of the Saigas from our friends. But how does it perform??

Maybe you could give us some of the pro or cons you have experienced with it.

Anyone know where I could get a wooden stock like Kymasabe's made in the USA? Too late to ask Santa now!

I thought I would add this one too... Its not a Saiga... its my WASR10... but its been dressed up a little bit... I just swapped out lower handguards a few minutes ago... I didnt think that the lower would match up with the upper, but I took some of my wood refinishing oil out, and some steel wool, and buffed it up a little bit... I think it matches the upper handguard pretty well after all, and if I bothered to take the time to strip the thumbhole, and rework that, I think I could get the whole set to look pretty sweet!

I also like the tantal style brake... Its sort of a hodgepodge rifle, but then again... all my rifles tend to be... but hey... they are CUSTOM... and mine... and I like em that way!! :up:

:smoke:

wasrtantalwood1b.jpg

wasrtantalwood2b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...