Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Tapco G2 FCG, Arsenal USA Gas piston, Promag 30 round polymer mag, US nato length stock, Tapco PG, Bulgarian handguards, retainer and mag latch, Bushnell trophy red dot. Desperately needs a flash hider and folding stock to complete the AK-103 look.

p10101027xc.th.jpg

And this is my buddies, 50 round US mag, Arsenal USA Piston, Tapco galil grip.

p10103665pf.th.jpg

Edited by SaigaShooter

That shit AINT RIGHT... :blink: :blink: LOL

Looks like it could double as a shoulder harness!!!

Lets see ya fold up your UNDERFOLDER with that sucker on there... I would like to see ya try THAT!! :haha: :haha:

:smoke:

That shit AINT RIGHT... :blink: :blink: LOL

Looks like it could double as a shoulder harness!!!

Lets see ya fold up your UNDERFOLDER with that sucker on there... I would like to see ya try THAT!! :haha: :haha:

:smoke:

The worst part is that is a 75rd, Centerfire is advertising a 100rd one...all I gotta say is good luck inserting it that 75rd one is tricky at best. BTW they arn't worth it that one dosen't feed to save its life, all show and no go

Dude that ain't nothin...I've seen some (100 rd I think) that go all the way to the muzzle and have a loop on the end to hook over the bbl to hold the heavy ass sucker up...lol.

I cant see how that one can keep from flopping around and getting weak ay the insertion point.

• Like 1

Ugh, this motherfu**er is finally done. Never again will I try another handguard conversion.

G2 FCG

US AK-74 Brake perm. attached

Pro-Mag 30rnd Magazine

Vented Gas Block with Bayo Lug

SA-85 Blonde Wood

Special thanks to Vjor for some great tips/advice, Dinzag and K-var.com for parts, WJM for the barrel threading kit, and Cobra for the offer to help which I so naively declined.

Now to work on the 12ga. :devil:

post-1804-1170725658_thumb.jpg

post-1804-1170725663_thumb.jpg

Edited by AegisDei
Ugh, this motherfu**er is finally done. Never again will I try another handguard conversion.

Hey came out nice, I dont like tumhole stocks, but that one really looks

cool and I dont know but really looks good with the hand guard and

gas tube guard too, I mean it really looks good on the Saiga.

Edited by vjor
Hey came out nice, I dont like tumhole stocks, but that one really looks

cool and I dont know but really looks good with the hand guard and

gas tube guard too, I mean it really looks good on the Saiga.

Thanks! I wanted it to look like a classic Russian AK, and to me the thumbholes look more "traditional/unique." I know that many of the other countries have started doing thumbhole stocks (Maadi=Egyption, SLR-95=Bulgarian, SA-85=Hungarian, NHM-90=Chinese, Romak=Romanian, etc.) but each has their own unique design and usually the lineage can be identified by the type of thumbhole stock. The PG+Stock is so much more common, I feel it doesn't say as much about the gun, but that may just be because I can't tell the difference between a SAR 1 and an AKM-47. That's not meant to insult anyone else's PG+Stock conversion, I still think they're gorgeous, I just wanted something that is more distinguishable to the common collector. A true AK connoseur probably could tell the difference, I just don't know how.

I wish I could have found a true Russian wood thumbhole, but I believe only Dragunovs and the Vepr use thumbholes. Both are more expensive (if even available) and neither would fit the Saiga receiver without modifications. So I went with the top of the line Hungarian to try to keep the haughty personality a Russian AK deserves. If my gun's mistaken for a SA-85, I won't be offended, but if someone really takes the time to notice they'll realize it's a hybrid of two of the nicest AKs made. :smoke: But there's no mistaking it for anything but top of the line.

post-4755-1171154207_thumb.jpg

My Black Widow :killer:

I hate to be "that guy" but is that 922 compliant? Pretty gun, no doubt, but I think with a foreign magazine (unless you replaced the trigger group and piston) you're not compliant. You may want to double check just to be sure you don't get in trouble.

FINALLY GOT MY NEW SAIGA VERY HAPPY WITH IT

Pretty gun. I love the skeleton stock! Looks great!!!

Is it 922r compliant?

ya i bought it from a dealer in md brand new like this

ya know i bought my saiga from a dealer too, welded mags with no US parts at all......completely in 922r violation

FINALLY GOT MY NEW SAIGA VERY HAPPY WITH IT

Pretty gun. I love the skeleton stock! Looks great!!!

Is it 922r compliant?

ya i bought it from a dealer in md brand new like this

Sigh...........

I give up.

I know what ya mean. All the time and effort and money and worrying I wasted staying within the confusing confines of the dreaded 922r code. It is so rarely understood, complied with or ever enforced! The SKS has the exact same problem. I try to help too, when I can. Don't worry about being "that guy". I know it seems silly but some day we might actually save someone from getting caught up with a nasty fine and lengthy prison term. 922r is dirty and will eventually come around to bite someone in the ass!

This is an update to a previous post.

I have changed out the CAA Ergo PG for the Tapco SAW PG and added a BP-02 mount and NC Star Red Dot optic.

post-4394-1171927632_thumb.jpg

I'm still debating on the handguard. I want to get Dinzag's retainer, but just can't justify the expense. For now I'll just keep the original.