Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

cell camera if i had to guess id say pocket lint on lense have to clean and reshoot pics sorry :evil: ok heres some new pics for ya. althou i couldnt get rid of fuzzy one and sheeba decided that she wanted in on the action since wizzard her boy freind is on 308 picpost with my new 308

Edited by devin_c1

I see you went from 10 round clip to what looks like a 40 rnd. Now I had my mag release slightly converted so that I could use after market 3o rnd clips. Now when I put the 30 rnd clip in and pull the bolt back to chamber the first round it gets jammed. But when I manually chamber the first round and attach the magazine I have no problem ripping off 30 rounds. Can you please advise ?

Help

here's your prob. saiga's don't come with a feed ramp. i had a 7.62 a few years back, and the dealer sold it unconverted with a modified mag release to take 30rd clips....no feed ramp meant i had probs with hollow pointg ammo and with any metal mag that was in good shape. after bending the lips of the mag to ponit the rounds more "up" into the barrel when clipped, the mags then were somewhat loose and if u had only one round in them just sitting on the table, the round would fall out. stock saiga mags had a feed ramp built in to them. so....either loosnd your feed lips (destroy perfectly good mag) or get a ramp.......

Hungarian AMD-65 that was recently built from a kit and durabaked. My friend Robert (ak-addict) did the riveting/head space work and I did the finish work. This ak is built using a Nodak spud NDS-65 receiver and I purchased the kit from Nodakarms. Thanks again Robert....Another fantastic job with quality craftsmanship.

post-5736-1178238158_thumb.jpg

Here's x39 #3 - gonna get blasted & Duracoated shortly here.

Didn't opt for the bayolugged gas block, but aside from that...

(Sorry for crapola pics - will shoot in the sun when she's done)

post-2093-1178589750_thumb.jpg

post-2093-1178589762_thumb.jpg

post-2093-1178589770_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

personaly have nothing against your saiga.....and what u do is none of my biz, but rule number one is COVER YOUR ASS, posting pics of illigal guns(unless u live outside the states) is somewhat of a liability...just because u assume nobody in the room is gay doesn't mean it's good advice to drop your pants and bend over....trust me, yah never know when and how but anything that can be used against you WILL be used, it's just a matter of when. :blues:

Hi ste, welcome to the forum! Beautiful weapons, and I liked the videos, especially the music. Keep us up to date on the "far away land".

Thanks Oldone3 !

Corsican music on videos :

long video : Canta u populu corsu - sinfunia nustrale

short video : canta u populu corsu - companero

:rolleyes:

I gotta get me some of those Bulgie waffle mags...they look great!

Here's my Saiga -- with a 6-position collapsible, side-folding stock.

Jim

I think the waffle mag in rocinante's photo is ProMag, not Bulgarian.

Nice handguard Navyguy... looks like Devin's handwork?

Edited by micah360
I think the waffle mag in rocinante's photo is ProMag, not Bulgarian.

Nice handguard Navyguy... looks like Devin's handwork?

Duh....you're right! Still, they look cool!

Yes, Devin did my handguard for me. I really like the look -- puts the TAPCO furniture on my Lancaster AK to shame.

Jim

ETA:

Okay -- one more mod. I picked up a UTG ergonomic vertical grip. It installed easily on the rail Devin mounted and it makes it very comfortable to handle the rifle. Pic below.

Jim

post-6519-1181857679_thumb.jpg

Edited by Navy87Guy