Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Well, this is some pics of my 1st conversion for this thread. FINALLY went to my buddy's house in PA (FREE state):rolleyes: and took some pics with the MM mags he has on hand for the shoot since I did my conversion and cant have these mags in NJ :rolleyes:. FULLY NFA / 922r compliant with 8 US parts content with Krinkov styled, NON-folding stock:

DSCN0956.jpg

DSCN0957.jpg

DSCN0953.jpg

DSCN0952.jpg

DSCN0951.jpg

DSCN0949.jpg

DSCN0946.jpg

DSCN0945.jpg

About the only other thing I'd get is a flashlight mount. Possibly a Russian newer style hand guard. I don't want to go WAY deep into alot of what the AR (crappy gas impingement) guys do and turn it into a full bore grown up male barbie doll/Christmas tree.

What kind of mag clamp is that? Where did you get it? Is it metal or plastic? Does it work well?

What kind of mag clamp is that? Where did you get it? Is it metal or plastic? Does it work well?

It's a Sure Fire Mags mag clamp. Works well with the Master Molder mags I keep in PA. They are loose unless you tighten them a bit without OVER tightening it. They fit right in-between the ribs on the MM mags nicely, so they don't slip. But they work REALLY well. I was quite surprised...

Here's my IZ-132, and she's basically done. Just a couple of mods and she'll be right about where I want her.

Saiga04.jpg

And here's the main reason I'm still using the 10-rd magazine; I broke my damn tap in the hole and haven't finished the job:

Bulletguide01.jpg

The only major problem I have is a gap between the buttstock and the back of the receiver. I should be able to fill the gap with some epoxy and a little paint work:

ButtstockGap01.jpg

ButtstockGap02.jpg

Here's the laundy list of parts for ya:

Tapco G2 FCG from Dinzag, with the hammer already relieved for the BHO lever,

K-Var Nato-length black buttstock from Dinzag,

Tapco SAW grip, black,

Retention plate for the FCG.

I sent my handguard to Devin for some sweet pimping, so it's gonna be different when I get it back. I'm also going to re-paint the serial number and some of the other lettering with white and red paint or china markers, either one. After I get the bullet guide fixed, I'll get some 30-rd Thermolds and shoot some new pics.

Edited by Blackjack_21
Heres mine. Pretty much the only think i plan on doing to it, Its a hog gun, so i dont really have a need for anyhting else to it. I might buy another to play with.

Surefire Light with pressure switch, Side mounted. and a cheap bi pod. makes it nice getting in and out of the woods in the night time and doesnt weight too much to pack for a few miles....

Haha, I'm a hog hunter too. I actually just picked up a stock saiga 7.62x39 from a local shop for that very purpose, so I hope to soon suffer from an incurable "saigaddiction" (beautiful portmanteau, girmper. hope you don't mind if i use it)

How do you go about trackin the little f*ckers down? I've taken to puttin out soured corn in a few places to get 'em to drop by and then I do a little droppin' myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I took the plunge and converted my rifle this week. It took me about 6 or 7 hours but I would be a lot faster if I did it again.

I used:

ACE internal reciever block

ACE ultralight stock

ACE AK grip adapter

Hogue AR grip

Scout Scopes mount

2.5x NCStar pistol scope

Master Molder magazine

I'll try it out next week sometime.

post-11176-1221355584_thumb.jpg

I started lookin at saigas about a year ago. It took me until the summer to actually get one, and I just finished converting it yesterday... and man am I happy with it. The whole conversion wasn't bad at all, in fact the majority of the time was spent trying to get the forend shaped and cut correctly. I was a little nervous about installing the bullet guide, but I was incredibly cautions and it went off without a hitch.

Dinzag bullet guide

Tapgo PG and FCG

NcStar rail and UTG foregrip

ACE internal receiver block, folding stock mechanism, and pig nose adapter

CAR extension tube and Magpul MOE stock

Sorry for the terrible pictures, I just don't have access to a digital camera right now... I'll post some higher quality photos when I have the means to do so.

ConvertedSaiga-1.jpg

ConvertedSaigafolded.jpg

ConvertedSaigafolded3.jpg

Hi everyone! I just joined the forum and read all 15 pages of this thread, so I felt compelled to make my first post here. I have a Saiga 7.62x39 with a 20" barrel. It's got the dimples and the "Y" and the only thing I can't stand is the buttstock (and the current 922r non-compliance). I'm nowhere near confident enough to undergo the full conversion so I've decided to take the barebones 922r compliance route.

The optional skeleton Saiga stock appeals to me as a functional alternative to the ugly/uncomfortable rifle stock. My example can be found within this quote:

Here's my new Saiga, I like the stock. Trying to decide what to do next.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd133/L...er/Saiga762.jpg

I saw one person say that this stock adds an additional foreign part to the gun because it counts as a buttstock and a PG. From what I understand, a PG alone is enough to put the gun out of compliance if this is true...but they sell them that way so that can't possibly be true. On another thread I read that this particular stock is overlooked because of its design, and keeps you no more or less "stock" than the ugly one.

If this is the case, I understand that switching to this stock will neither buy or cost me anything as far as 922r goes. My plan is to buy some Surefire U.S. made 30-rounders and replace the foregrip with a U.S. made one. This takes me down to 10 foreign parts which is sufficient, right?

I want minimal surgery and a unique look. I'm not too obsessed with trying to make it look authentic since it's got a 20" barrel, and like I said, I lack the confidence to do a full conversion.

Any words of reassurance about the legality of my proposed conversion?

Here's mine.

The stock I have is used by alot of people here but it's just there until I can convert my Saiga. It's not 922R compliant yet, but I'm workin on it.

*Russian-American Armory skeleton stock

*ProMag 30rd polymer magazine (Does the mag counts as 3 points to the 922R or just 1?)

Sorry about my dog being in the way. He's a 4 month old Doberman named Thor (Celtic God of War). He likes to be involved in everything that's happening so this was the only picture where he wasn't blocking the rifle completely!

post-12489-1221711946_thumb.jpg

Here's mine.

The stock I have is used by alot of people here but it's just there until I can convert my Saiga. It's not 922R compliant yet, but I'm workin on it.

*Russian-American Armory skeleton stock

*ProMag 30rd polymer magazine (Does the mag counts as 3 points to the 922R or just 1?)

Sorry about my dog being in the way. He's a 4 month old Doberman named Thor (Celtic God of War). He likes to be involved in everything that's happening so this was the only picture where he wasn't blocking the rifle completely!

post-12489-1221711946_thumb.jpg

The magazine counts as three 922R compliant parts since it is 100% American made (Magazine body, floorplate, and follower). Good luck on the conversion (there is plenty of information on that around here). I also have a Doberman (except she is a year and a half and weighs 70+ pounds) that likes to get in the way, so I know how you feel!

Ryan

Here's my new Saiga, I like the stock. Trying to decide what to do next.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd133/L...er/Saiga762.jpg

Well, not to beat a dead-horse on this forum but making sure it is 922r compliant so that you can use that hi-cap mag would be a start.

Dinzag has a fire control group for non-converted rifles such as yours which will give you 2 US parts. Perhaps a gas piston swap can be done, you will have the third part and 922r will be solved.

http://www.dinzagarms.com/misc_parts/fcgnpg.html

For now, I'm just going to replace the handguard and maybe a clamp-on muzzle brake.

I was in the mood to take pics of my Saigas,lets see your guns!Wish we could get a permanent sticky at the top of each caliber forum for pics only with desciptions with no replys,just PM's or Email for questions about the gun.I know alot of newer members like to see what others have done.

post-1029-1165652298_thumb.jpg

7.62x39

Ace non folding stock

Old style Fal grip

G2 trigger group

Ar15 flashider modified

Kobra red dot site

I went with real Saiga mags,no mods

It's getting to where I want it....

post-11732-1222199138_thumb.jpg

This is my RAA saiga 7.62x39. I bought it just for fun while i was off in idaho working in the summer. I knew it would go bang even if i beat the piss out of it. It was perfect to throw it on my back and hike or target shoot. I put the tri rail mount on it and some cheap b-pod that worked great. It blasted a few varmit perfectly with the iron sights, and it was surprisingly accurate right out of the box! I was happy! its always nice to hit what you are pointing at. I also had a red dot mounted on it with a cheap rail from ctd. But i took that off cause it didnt prove very functional.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p62/Rab...OG/DSCN0719.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p62/Rab...OG/DSCN0721.jpg

Edited by Rabidmonkey777
So I am new and jst got this in today. I am pretty stoked on it. I can not wait to take it to the range.

DSC00868.jpg

Is that a Classic Arms Saiga?

Yes sir. I am looking to get a new ergo grip and an adjustible stock on it cause the Tapco standard ak stock is to small.