Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

on the left 7.62x39. on the right .223

picked them both up within the last two weeks for $130 total.

.223 still needs some work. it's nowhere near as clean as i want it and i will be getting an FCG for it, probably a piston and an FG too.

7.62 will be getting a tapco piston, an FCG and a couple of 30rounders, that's all i plan on doing to it.

very new here so let me know what you think and if theres any suggestions all you saiga gods may have.

and i'll try to throw up a picture of my Bushmaster in .223 as well.

post-13578-1226376958_thumb.jpg

post-13578-1226377030_thumb.jpg

post-5881-1226787117_thumb.jpg

I added a Dinzag custom made flash hider, and fixed a few details.

This is the my third Saiga and the one that has the dimple and Y but no crosshatched box.

post-5881-1226700679_thumb.jpg

The only other thing I can think of to add is a bayonet lug, but I would want an AK bayo lug and there are no bolt on AK lugs that I know of.

I like it a lot. (Just like I like my first two).

louielouie

Edited by louielouie
Well..................I gotta' get busy convertin' my rifle now :unsure:

Sold the Skeleton Stock and Handguard...Looks kinda' sad now :shame:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd133/L.../MVC-149S-1.jpg

Hey that is the first step on your rifle making a full recovery back to how Mr. Kalashnikov designed it to be.

Here's mine (if you study the picture real closely you'll see it's (the gun) on the bed and ready for action :haha: ), simple conversion, still got to do the bullet guide so I can get some use out of my drum and mags and trying to talk myself into Dinzag's bolt on HG retainer so I can put on my K-VAR HGs. SAW PG, reused original TG. Tapco G2 FCG from Dinzag and AK retainer plate (works great!). Surefire clear 30 rounder. What an improvement over the factory config!

123email.jpg

Edited by ernestmayhand

Welcome a new convert to the fold.

First conversion more to come. I sure learned alot. Went with Tapco folder, Grip, and FCG. Dicey on the stock. Figured I could always sell if banned (and If I don't like it). Every one will be different. Still waiting for Bullet Guide from Dinzag (he e-mailed today to say it shipped).

Could only find double hook locally so I went with that, cut notch in bottom of reciever. Then read about grinding clearance on the second hook and don't have to cut sheet metal. That makes more sense.

After the guide I'll do some shooting.

"Now is not the time for doubt"

Frosty

post-11604-1227153956_thumb.jpg

post-11604-1227153973_thumb.jpg

Here's mine (if you study the picture real closely you'll see it's (the gun) on the bed and ready for action :haha: ), simple conversion, still got to do the bullet guide so I can get some use out of my drum and mags and trying to talk myself into Dinzag's bolt on HG retainer so I can put on my K-VAR HGs. SAW PG, reused original TG. Tapco G2 FCG from Dinzag and AK retainer plate (works great!). Surefire clear 30 rounder. What an improvement over the factory config!

123email.jpg

MOARRR!

My 7.62 is almost done!! I must thank Jroberts1968 for the work he did for me today!! I helped a little! He threaded the barrel but the brake we had turned out to be RH Thread :eek: SO, I need to get another one and install that and the Vertical grip and it's finished!

Also, I must thank Nalioth for his advise and answers to all my questions!

ConvertedSaiga762.jpg

I'm BRAND new to the rifle thing.. I've oddly never owned a rifle before. I've shot any number, but never owned one. Lots of handguns and a few shotguns. I went to a gun show this weekend and picked this up. I'm a tinkerer, so now I'll be looking around here for things to do to this. Appreciate any advice.

100_1929s.jpg

100_1930s.jpg

High res versions of the pics if you care:

http://home.armourarchive.org/members/morg...ga/100_1929.jpg

http://home.armourarchive.org/members/morg...ga/100_1930.jpg

I'm BRAND new to the rifle thing.. I've oddly never owned a rifle before. I've shot any number, but never owned one. Lots of handguns and a few shotguns. I went to a gun show this weekend and picked this up. I'm a tinkerer, so now I'll be looking around here for things to do to this. Appreciate any advice....

Nice pick-up! Caliber?

I'm BRAND new to the rifle thing.. I've oddly never owned a rifle before. I've shot any number, but never owned one. Lots of handguns and a few shotguns. I went to a gun show this weekend and picked this up. I'm a tinkerer, so now I'll be looking around here for things to do to this. Appreciate any advice....

Nice pick-up! Caliber?

Thanks. it's an x39