Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Shifted my PG forward a bit and added a Bulgarian FSB and East German Muzzle brake via Dinzag. Also added Dinzags hole plugs.

She handles 100x better and muzzle climb has gone to 4" to under an 1". Makes follow up shots right on target and I am able to do hammer pairs and search and asses drills much faster now.

muzzlebrakeandpgmovedpw3.jpg

By mwroseberry

Edited by usmc_mwroseberry
Finished for now. I need a scope what do you guys suggest.

For the range of the 7.62x39 just go with a red dot or nothing. Scope will just slow you being able to pull up on target unless you are going to go deer hunting. Also get a side mounted scope mount the one of the dust cover will defeat the purpose of the scope as it's not stable enough.

Good luck,

Merritt

Here's one that would have been finished if.

Kalinka hadn't tried to palm off a used and damaged scope mount in place of a new one,my grip reinforcement plate had arrived in a timely manner and my buddy would get off his duff and weld my cut trigger guard onto the magazine release housing and the EG Folding Stock subframe didn't block the holes for my Dinzag hole plugs,LOL

Picture021.jpg

I should have my new low profile mount from Kalinka so I can do a full evaluation of this new Vortex Strikefire dot sight in a week or so and the grip reinforcement and trigger guard work aren't critical but here it is anyway

Kalinka hadn't tried to palm off a used and damaged scope mount in place of a new one,my grip reinforcement plate had arrived in a timely manner and my buddy would get off his duff and weld my cut trigger guard onto the magazine release housing and the EG Folding Stock subframe didn't block the holes for my Dinzag hole plugs,LOL

Picture021.jpg

I should have my new low profile mount from Kalinka so I can do a full evaluation of this new Vortex Strikefire dot sight in a week or so and the grip reinforcement and trigger guard work aren't critical but here it is anyway

how long is that barrel?

Picture021.jpg

how long is that barrel?

It's 16" but I have a paper sleeve over the excess that will eventually get cutoff.

It's 16" but I have a paper sleeve over the excess that will eventually get cutoff.

any idea how long it will be after its cut..

i would like to use a new gas block that has the site post on the top and cut my barrel down and add a brake..

Here's my version of that,...

Taking her out for a test drive Saturday!

I decided to go with the HK sites over cutting down the factory sites

any idea how long it will be after its cut..

i would like to use a new gas block that has the site post on the top and cut my barrel down and add a brake..

post-9483-1236296851_thumb.jpg

post-9483-1236296860_thumb.jpg

My PRK legal Saigas!

#1 = Ace folding stock & block, G2 FCG, USA pistol grip, Fusion handguard, ported gas tube, Dinzag bullet guide, pin retaining plate, Dingag handguard retainer, Phantom flash hider, 10/30 mag from Cold War Shooters, Duracoat WWII-green paint, an AK bullet button to make it all a Kali legal fixed mag build. 7 points toward federal compliance!

#2 = Factory stock cut 2 1/4 inches (for proper eye relief with PSOP scope) with a limbsaver slip-on recoil pad, G2 FCG made to work with factory configuration, UTG quad-rail handguard, pin retainer plate, ported gas tube, bipod with rail adaptor, Mojo peep sight, Dinzag bullet guide, Surefire 10 Rd mags, J-Tac muzzle brake. 8 compliance parts total (counting 3 for the surefire mag).

post-10946-1209943968_thumb.jpgpost-10946-1209944034_thumb.jpg

post-10946-1209944064_thumb.jpgpost-10946-1209944141_thumb.jpg

post-10946-1209944194_thumb.jpg

Very nice set up D-Dog. You got civil insurrection covered I think.