Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

It's 16" but I have a paper sleeve over the excess that will eventually get cutoff.

any idea how long it will be after its cut..

i would like to use a new gas block that has the site post on the top and cut my barrel down and add a brake..

Gas Giant nice choice on the skeleton style stock

I have that on mine and like how it feels, did you get a chance to test drive it ?

nice job in the FSB

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

It rocks,

we tossed almost 200 rounds through it last weekend, no problems at all,

I watched someone dump 30 and it seemed to have all the features I wanted,... little rise, light and straight recoil, easy to aim, easy to shoulder and hold. I also put on a US made AK style gas tube with perforated sheild (not shown) which adds ventilation, US Parts and also reduces weight,,.... keeping the weight off the front is balanced by keeping the weight off the back,... this has made it a pleasure to shoot, I am thinking about a side folder,. Ultra light ACE, and may shave off the tang and weld a back plate on. and then there's always that camo paint job,..

post-9483-1236913200_thumb.jpg

post-9483-1236913208_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gas Giant

Thanks for the kind words. Thanks again for all the posts you guys, the details on this site makes for great edjamacation! Even though I did all the grunt work ie: sanding, welding, machining, etc, my partner JT did a top notch job painting the projects. I would definately let it set up a little longer in the future (Duracoat). But when you've been staring at this for a long time, ya get impatient. I found a mini HVLP gun on Ebay for $17.00 delivered, can't say enough about it, worked great! And 11 beers later, we were done!post-11782-1236945852_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brad
Here are my two sweethearts...post-8269-1237433659_thumb.jpg

How does that mount work on the lower one

The rail is built into the receiver cover, and has two screws on the back that tighten, preventing the cover from moving. It is really stout. You can easily see the iron sights underneath. My illuminated recticle scope holds zero when I re-install after removing. I'm very happy with it.

Almost done still need to put my threaded front sight block on, but here she is.

2antpu.jpg

Are those Bulgarian waffles? If so, I have a question. You had the gumption to drill a bullet guide and file the mag catch, but not enough to knock out some pins and drop in a new FCG?

If that's the case, you should seriously dump that stock/PG monstrosity and do the conversion. Those things are ugly as sin, and trust me....the feel of a new trigger is fantastic.

I really, really, want everyone who just buys the weird pistol grip stock thing with out doing the conversion.... to know, just how much.... I FUCKING HATE YOU!

STOP BEING GODDAMN LAZY!

...unless there is some retarded law preventing you from finishing the conversion.

Other wise quit tryin to be like us and actually DO THE CONVERSION. It's not hard.

It only irritates me further that you 'tards post pics of your rifle up here all nasty like that.

I've done a full conversion on my rifle and have a ultimak on mine. But without a threaded barrel, parkerizing, and and least rock solid furniture, THERE'S NO WAY I'M GONNA POST IT.

Your half assed rifles are gross!

I know I'm not the only one to think this.

Edited by AgentLQ
  • Like 1
I really, really, want everyone who just buys the weird pistol grip stock thing with out doing the conversion.... to know, just how much.... I FUCKING HATE YOU!

STOP BEING GODDAMN LAZY!

...unless there is some retarded law preventing you from finishing the conversion.

Other wise quit tryin to be like us and actually DO THE CONVERSION. It's not hard.

It only irritates me further that you 'tards post pics of your rifle up here all nasty like that.

I've done a full conversion on my rifle and have a ultimak on mine. But without a threaded barrel, parkerizing, and and least rock solid furniture, THERE'S NO WAY I'M GONNA POST IT.

HA!!! You finally said what we were all thinking....

STOP BEING GODDAMN LAZY!

sticker_dont_be_dick.gif

STOP BEING GODDAMN LAZY!

+1

i posted it a while back but i got tired of the romanian front handle so i whacked it off and shaped up a nice little palm hump. it was built by P.R.K. Arms in Fresno California, for those of you who dont know, they do TOP quality ak work and saiga conversions. i added the wood and cleaning rod to finish it off. furniture has 4 coats minwax sedona red and 2 coats minwax clear coat. mags pinned up to 10 rounds. bullet button installed. tapco trigger set, arsenal inc gas piston from dinzag, and no muzzle device makes for 922r and california compliance.

photow.th.jpg

photo1x.th.jpg

photo2ifg.th.jpg

Edited by nismobishi
i posted it a while back but i got tired of the romanian front handle so i whacked it off and shaped up a nice little palm hump. it was built by P.R.K. Arms in Fresno California, for those of you who dont know, they do TOP quality ak work and saiga conversions. i added the wood and cleaning rod to finish it off. furniture has 4 coats minwax sedona red and 2 coats minwax clear coat. mags pinned up to 10 rounds. bullet button installed. tapco trigger set, arsenal inc gas piston from dinzag, and no muzzle device makes for 922r and california compliance.

photow.th.jpg

photo1x.th.jpg

and because it's from Fresno, you KNOW it's deadly ;)

STOP BEING GODDAMN LAZY!

I don't see why it matters. Obama is going to take them away regardless if they're converted or not. The only thing that matters about a rifle is how it shoots and how accurately.

Here are my two sweethearts...post-8269-1237433659_thumb.jpg

Great setups! What kind of folding stock is that on the top one? It looks like the pistol grip is maybe part of the stock? That would be a great add-on if it is. I'm looking for a pistol grip/stock replacement other than the Tapco one.

It's a Russian made folder, I can't remember the specific name, but it's made in Russia. Yes, the pistol grip is part of the stock. I bought it from www.davidscollectibles.com .

Finally finished off my Saiga with an Ultimak gas tube and Aimpoint-clone. I'm really pleased with the clone -- $80, all metal and very good glass and dot quality. You can find them on the glocktalk classifieds, a guy named "Mastery" sells them.

SaigaUltimak2003.jpg

SaigaUltimak2004.jpg

Nice firearm. just wanted to ask what you think of your tri-rail? I have the same, kinda wishing it was fastened up front as well.

thanks, Brad

post-11782-1238375560_thumb.jpg

I think the Surefire forearm is a good, no-fuss option for a Saiga conversion. I was a little annoyed that it wasn't compatible with the Ultimak gas tube (required quite a bit of dremeling). The front end fit was really good and tight the first time I mounted it up, but after removing it a couple times while I fitted the Ultimak, there's a little bit of play. If it gets any worse, I'm going to remove it and superglue something like a bit of foam padding to take up the free space on the front end.

Lol at all the unconverted Saiga wannabies. Just do the conversion. Lol. Believe me, the trigger group is night & day better after it's been converted.

I don't have a 7.62, but I did do this 5.56 all by myself. Not that hard. Seriously.

post-16572-1238444691_thumb.jpg

post-16572-1238444710_thumb.jpg

post-16572-1238444722_thumb.jpg

Edited by gothchick
Lol at all the unconverted Saigas wannabies. Just do the conversion and stop being a punk ass posier. Lol.

I don't have a 7.62, but I did do this 5.56 all by myself.

Goth,

Is that the Krebs top rail system? How do you like it???

Yeah, it's a Krebs. I love it. Fits really well. Holds Zero perfectly. Integrated iron sites. Top quality. Plus Marc & Brian @ Krebs have the best customer service around. :-)

Only negative is that it doesn't co-witness.

Edited by gothchick
Yeah, it's a Krebs. I love it. Fits really well. Holds Zero perfectly. Integrated iron sites. Top quality. Plus Marc & Brian @ Krebs have the best customer service around. :-)

Only negative is that it doesn't co-witness.

Nice, it looks fugly as all hell, but functional none the less. Thanks again for letting me know. :smoke: