Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

:smoke:

Good work!

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, Ive never found that the magpul units add to the speed of mag changes because of the curve on most ak mags. How are they working for you?

By the way, Im not a big bayonet/knife guy, but I gotta give you props on the Cold Steel knife. is that the tanto model?

Edited by bigsal
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

thought i'd leave some photos i took of my flamethrower here:

DSC_8611.jpg

DSC_8623.jpg

Is this guy is using the German 74 brake model MPiAK-74N (the one that Copes is selling)? It appears he is. This would prove that the 7.62x39 round clears that brake, but has other issues. Upon a quick google search, I found a MAK90 user on another forum who mounted the same brake on his rifle with similar flame-thrower effects. In addition, 7.62x39 rifles using this brake appear to be louder.

BaylorHenry: I don't know if your still active here, but If you are could you post some interior pictures of your brake? or just let me know if it has a "zigzag" pattern?

7.62x39 rifles using this brake appear to be louder.

It doesn't make the gun "louder" it just throws back more sound waves towards the shooter.

No dude, the above is a question dealing with the use of a 5.45x39 brake on a 7.62x39 rifle. The guy in the picture above is using a German 74 brake on his 7.62x39 rifle. When you use this particular brake you get a louder "bang" and a flame thrower effect.

The acoustic difference between a 74 brake that is specifically made for the 7.62x39 and a 74 brake made for the 5.45x39 is due to the bullet clearance. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

It doesn't make the gun "louder" it just throws back more sound waves towards the shooter.

No dude, the above is a question dealing with the use of a 5.45x39 brake on a 7.62x39 rifle. The guy in the picture above is using a German 74 brake on his 7.62x39 rifle. When you use this particular brake you get a louder "bang" and a flame thrower effect.

The acoustic difference between a 74 brake that is specifically made for the 7.62x39 and a 74 brake made for the 5.45x39 is due to the bullet clearance. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

+1 !!!!!

I have a 7.62 24mm AK103 brake on mine, and I was getting no where near that flash signature at dusk. That's what the AMD 65 brake looked like when I fired it at dusk. Also, I found it (AK103 brake) to be quieter than the AMD65 brake, too. I think it is "squeezing" (not literally) through the 74 brake hole, where the 103 brake hole is about 40+ cal or so. Little things like that can have a difference.

:smoke:

Good work!

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, Ive never found that the magpul units add to the speed of mag changes because of the curve on most ak mags. How are they working for you?

By the way, Im not a big bayonet/knife guy, but I gotta give you props on the Cold Steel knife. is that the tanto model?

In Russia the bayonet-knife is forbidden. Yes it Cold Steel Recon Tanto 13RTK.

Magpul units - it is faster surroundings. :rolleyes:

Before....

post-14823-1245352633_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrey

+1 !!!!!

I have a 7.62 24mm AK103 brake on mine, and I was getting no where near that flash signature at dusk. That's what the AMD 65 brake looked like when I fired it at dusk. Also, I found it (AK103 brake) to be quieter than the AMD65 brake, too. I think it is "squeezing" (not literally) through the 74 brake hole, where the 103 brake hole is about 40+ cal or so. Little things like that can have a difference.

Matching the diameter of your bullets to the clearance machined into the brake, and making sure that there is room to spare, is not a "little thing". Imo, people who use those East German 74 style brakes meant for the 5.45x39 on their 7.62x39 rifles are idiots. I bought one from Copes by mistake, (their website didn't specify what caliber it was meant for), but was not fool enough to use it on my 7.62x39 rifle. I sold it to a forum member and bought a new brake from AK-USA that is built to be used with the 7.62. It works flawlessly and I don't get any ridiculous fireballs when putting rounds down range.

That reminds me.. I have another perfect, unused, US-made 74 style brake made for the 7.62x39 for sale. It has the 3 correctly positioned gas ports on the rear of the brake, and half-moon forward gas ports. They sell for ~$80 + shipping from the manufacturer. I'm asking $75 shipped. PM me if you're interested.

Specifically for imarangemaster: The quality of this brake puts that combathunting pos you have on your rifle to shame, rangemaster. I know because I also have one of those combathunting brakes and quite frankly, they suck, (very rough machining and finish, and no forward gas ports, since they're not made correctly). This brake I'm selling also counts as a US part; the one you're using does not. You really should buy this one from me. ;)

Post A.

I appreciate the offer. I would like take you up on it, but it will have to wait since ALL my cash reserves went into transmission work! I'll check in a month or so. I even had to cancel my folding stock order. If you still have it then, I will probably take it, though don't hold it for me. BTW, is it chrome lined?

I do agree that the fit and finish is not perfect on mine, but it works way better than the one with the fire ball! :haha:

gun007.jpg

Looks great! This is very close to what mine will look like once I get all the parts I've ordered.

What all do you have in it?

Hi there.. Did you have to modify that Galil Handguard to get it to work with the Ultimak gas tube (if it is an Ultimak)? Have you tried mounting a Red Dot on the Ultimak, and if so, can you co-witness? Thank you.

gun007.jpg

Looks great! This is very close to what mine will look like once I get all the parts I've ordered.

What all do you have in it?

Hi there.. Did you have to modify that Galil Handguard to get it to work with the Ultimak gas tube (if it is an Ultimak)? Have you tried mounting a Red Dot on the Ultimak, and if so, can you co-witness? Thank you.

that is a standard AK hand guard..

aimpoint allows co-witness.. see my sig...

Alright, been done for a little while now, but just got around to posting pics.

First rifle I've owned and first time using a dremmel.

Couldn't have done it without this site and its members, Thanks alot.

Hopefully I can get these pics to show...

cimg0552c.th.jpg

cimg0553.th.jpg

If I was doing it again I would have just modified the existing handguard, While I like the looks and function of the UTG quad, I'll only ever use the bottom rail, so I would have rather put the 90 bucks towards an ace or tromix stock. (which I still plan to get eventually.)

Similar feelings on this ATI stock, it works as advertised but I will never fold it and it doesn't lock shut with side scope rail which I have and plan to use with some optics eventually.

Next up is bullet guide from what i can tell I have a flat trunnion, can anyone confirm from these bad pics? There is definatly a flat area there.

Also these pics were taken shortly after a range visit, before cleaning. I can notice some wear on the bottom of the barrel right by the trunnion. Is that normal breaking in kind of stuff? Also the pics seem to show what looks like brass flakes, I can't really see them with naked eye just in the pics, I was using wolf MC.

cimg0557.th.jpg

cimg0563z.th.jpg

Not sure why the pics are so small, sorry.

Edited by kope007

Well, I updated my Faux AK103 conversion with some Bulgarian Circle 10 waffle mags. I am not a 40 rounder kind of guy, but this Bulgy 40 looks shit hot in the Saiga. I lucked out and traded two excellent mil-surp steel mags and a like-new green Hungarian leather 5 cell mag pouch for the 30 and 40 round Circle 10s. AT $35 and $50 each, I think I got the better end of the deal! He wanted all metal mags and a five cell. I just could n't resist showing it off with the new mags (and the matching Circle 10 bayonet)! SWEEEEEET!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Saiga-Bulgies.jpg

Well, I updated my Faux AK103 conversion with some Bulgarian Circle 10 waffle mags. I am not a 40 rounder kind of guy, but this Bulgy 40 looks shit hot in the Saiga. I lucked out and traded two excellent mil-surp steel mags and a like-new green Hungarian leather 5 cell mag pouch for the 30 and 40 round Circle 10s. AT $35 and $50 each, I think I got the better end of the deal! He wanted all metal mags and a five cell. I just could n't resist showing it off with the new mags (and the matching Circle 10 bayonet)! SWEEEEEET!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Saiga-Bulgies.jpg

Yeah you win. The 40 round bulgy is the shit. You can get like new hungarian mag pouches from centerfiresystems for $3.99 now, so no loss on your end. Actually, you may want to pick up one of their 4 mag 40 rounder pouches as well ($6.99). Congrats on a respectable build!

Thank you gentlemen! I am as proud of it as if I did a kit build (which I have never done) and it is probably a better weapon than any kit I could have assembled because of the Iszmash new barrel!

After I get back from vacation in August, I will probably upgrade to a Krebs or AK USA 103 brake, Right now I can't afford it, but this brake works for now. Post A, didn't you have a spare 103 brake you were selling?

If it wasn't a heat index of 105 here right now, I'd go down by the creek and break in the Bulgy mags with some Silver Bear!

Now I am addicted! I need about 4 more 40s and an RPK gunners apron! Hahahaha! Actually, I will probably just get 4 more 30 Circle 10s just for the Saiga. That leaves me 14 Mil-surp steels for the GP WASR 10/63

It's yours do what you want. Does not look bad. How does it feel with the PG on the front?????

Be aware there will be nay sayers that you did not do a full conversion. Just make sure it is 922r compliant.....

Keep it legal :killer:

the saw PG works great as a foregrip actually, and i kinda like the amd-65 look of it mounted backwards. it feels pretty good the other way too. definitely legal. I got the real conversion parts in today so it should be done by the weekend

Here's mine! I haven't done much with it yet aside from getting a few 30 round magazines, but I have parts on the way and my eye on more.

gallery_15837_318_586471.jpg

Note: Don't worry, just wanted to see what it looks like, at the range I only use my 5 round mag. She'll be fully compliant in a couple of weeks, needs the feed ramp installed before that 30 rounder will work well anyhow.

Edited by ThePants

converting was easier than expected, thanks in most part to the knowledge here, and also my incredible ingenuity, but mostly the knowledge here. still contemplating stock and forearm options, blonde wood is sounding really attractive right now

0627090332s.jpg

0628090312.jpg

0628090315.jpg

Edited by mr.smith

I don't think I posted mine here yet. 16" with dragunov stock, 25mw green laser and strobe flashlight for night time home defense purposes (and fun). Unfortunately since I live in California that is a 10/30 fixed mag on this rifle, but still a load of fun to shoot.

riflej.jpg

Edited by stix213
My PRK legal Saigas!

#1 = Ace folding stock & block, G2 FCG, USA pistol grip, Fusion handguard, ported gas tube, Dinzag bullet guide, pin retaining plate, Dingag handguard retainer, Phantom flash hider, 10/30 mag from Cold War Shooters, Duracoat WWII-green paint, an AK bullet button to make it all a Kali legal fixed mag build. 7 points toward federal compliance!

#2 = Factory stock cut 2 1/4 inches (for proper eye relief with PSOP scope) with a limbsaver slip-on recoil pad, G2 FCG made to work with factory configuration, UTG quad-rail handguard, pin retainer plate, ported gas tube, bipod with rail adaptor, Mojo peep sight, Dinzag bullet guide, Surefire 10 Rd mags, J-Tac muzzle brake. 8 compliance parts total (counting 3 for the surefire mag).

post-10946-1209943968_thumb.jpgpost-10946-1209944034_thumb.jpg

post-10946-1209944064_thumb.jpgpost-10946-1209944141_thumb.jpg

post-10946-1209944194_thumb.jpg

what scope is that and how does it perform? any report on it?

Mine is FINALLY done!

*picture quality is horrible!*

post-12489-1246425735_thumb.jpg

*K-Var Nato length fixed stock

*CAA ERGO PG. (finally got the damn thing on!)

*TAPCO Single Hook FCG

*Surefire Tri-rail HG

*Some cheap US made laser

Edited by Kriegerwithin