Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Hey bigsal, maybe I'm just showing my ignorance here but what is that switch-like thing just forward of the mag well on that bottom pic? I've caught glimpses of those before on other guns but I never knew what it was.

It's the side locking catch for the folding stock. It retains the stock along the side when in the folded position.

• Like 1

Hey bigsal, maybe I'm just showing my ignorance here but what is that switch-like thing just forward of the mag well on that bottom pic? I've caught glimpses of those before on other guns but I never knew what it was.

It's the side locking catch for the folding stock. It retains the stock along the side when in the folded position.

correct.

• Like 1

i bought my x39 3 weeks ago. its my first saiga and first AK variant. just converted (restored?) it on 2-26. it took me and a buddy 2.5 hours with hand tools, a tabletop drill press and the ubiquitous Dremmel...

before:

24559_1368997469498_1368550542_1075906_3999453_n.jpg

with aforementioned buddy's romanian AK. we put the ATI kit on it last week...

and after:

24559_1368997629502_1368550542_1075910_7691241_n.jpg

24559_1368997669503_1368550542_1075911_2003308_n.jpg

wecsog side sling mount mod:

24559_1368997709504_1368550542_1075912_3584664_n.jpg

its getting a QD bi-pod for use with the scope (and to sort of balance the front end, its a 20" barrel) and i have some Bushmaster logo'd rail covers i am thinking might need to go on there also.

Edited by Devil Anse

Whew, Finally finished! A big thanks go out to all the people who offered advice through the site, Klassy, for selling me some b-e-a-utiful refinished wood furniture, the fine people of CSS and Dinzag Arms, and everyone I forgot.

post-18050-1267511634347_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here's mine so far, only a:

Tapco T6 stock and PG, Midwest Saiga quad rail, Dinzag bullet guide, a Tapco forward grip, 10/30 com-blog mag, PRK Mag lock (for Cali)...so far so good...more soon, (and a real conversion)..

having a problem getting pix to post right tonite...hope one of these works...

post-22253-12676864701392_thumb.jpg

Edited by icefire

Hey icefire, can you post some closeup pics of the MI hand guard, front and side view please.

Thanks.

-Bryan

Sure, give me a day to get them taken and up on here. It just a bit longer than the regular AK model, I love it, it stays true and locked down tight.

Hey icefire, can you post some closeup pics of the MI hand guard, front and side view please.

Thanks.

-Bryan

Sure, here ya go...I really like it. I didnt like the way the front is open until I checked other quad rail guns, like AR's, and a alot of them are open in the front for cooling...and barrel cooling is a good thing..

post-22253-12679427839031_thumb.jpg post-22253-12679454605961_thumb.jpg

Has a modern AK appearance,(more military than the stock Saiga one), useful rails, and locks down tight, and stays true...Check around for prices, though, if ya buy one, you can get better prices than from the factory..

Edited by icefire

looks real nice ^^^ i like it

Thanks!

I converted it myself and have put a lot of time a money into it. In the end, it was worth it though.

Eric

the wood looks great im dong mine the exact same way, im almost done with my conversion all thats left is to install the handguard retainer and wait for the metal spring to come in that holds the upper handguard on the gas tube. is that a laminated stock you have?