Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

A couple more of mine.

how did you enjoy installing that ramguard magazine release?lot`s of fun!love it,but what a pain in the ass to get that pin in!it was the hardest part of my install!that guide pin helps;but getting the spring in place was crazy!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Here's mine.

Ultimak gas tube rail.

Kreb's custom top rail.

Ergo hand guard rails.

Tapco FCG.

K-Var stock.

Hogue pistol grip.

SureFire light.

There's some room for a rail on your stock, by the looks of it. But in all seriousness, you have a sweet krebs rail (unused), a sweet ultimak (unused) and have a scope mounted on a side scope mount-which is probably also sweet. At least it really looks like that scope is mounted on a side mount instead of the krebs, maybe I'm wrong. Nevertheless, want to give me either that krebs or the ultimak? :chris:

Yo dawg, I heard you like rails. So I put a rail on yo rails so you can mount while you mount.

Here's mine.

Ultimak gas tube rail.

Kreb's custom top rail.

Ergo hand guard rails.

Tapco FCG.

K-Var stock.

Hogue pistol grip.

SureFire light.

There's some room for a rail on your stock, by the looks of it. But in all seriousness, you have a sweet krebs rail (unused), a sweet ultimak (unused) and have a scope mounted on a side scope mount-which is probably also sweet. At least it really looks like that scope is mounted on a side mount instead of the krebs, maybe I'm wrong. Nevertheless, want to give me either that krebs or the ultimak? :chris:

Yo dawg, I heard you like rails. So I put a rail on yo rails so you can mount while you mount.

Yeah, I have almost as rail as AMTRAC lol.

I got this rifle already dolled up this way and since it's my first "tacticool" weapon I'm trying to figure how I want it set up. The scope in the pic is indeed a side mount, I got it from a friend but ran out of elevation adjustment with it. Right now I have a cheapo Nc Star 4X sitting on the Kreb's rail. I used low Weaver rings and like it better than the side rail mount, now I just need better glass.

Here's mine.

Ultimak gas tube rail.

Kreb's custom top rail.

Ergo hand guard rails.

Tapco FCG.

K-Var stock.

Hogue pistol grip.

SureFire light.

I got this rifle already dolled up this way and since it's my first "tacticool" weapon I'm trying to figure how I want it set up. The scope in the pic is indeed a side mount, I got it from a friend but ran out of elevation adjustment with it. Right now I have a cheapo Nc Star 4X sitting on the Kreb's rail. I used low Weaver rings and like it better than the side rail mount, now I just need better glass.

Makes sense, let me know if you're thinking about selling either the Ultimak or the Krebs. Nice paint job, btw.

Here's my gun. Was debating on cutting the tang and I finally decided to do it last night. Thinking about replacing the UTG all ready. It's definitely solid and plenty functional, just a bit heavy and the gun feels lopsided, especially with the light-weight Ace stock.

Tapco G2 FCG

Ace Skeleton Stock with folding mechanism and DPH internal receiver block

Hogue Pistol Grip

New Circle 10 Bulgarian Waffle

UTG Saiga Quad Rail

Dinzag bullet guide

Next up is probably going to be a threaded FSB and a real brake. I have US mag followers for when I install the brake to maintain 922r compliance. Even have a US gas tube, but not sure if I'm confident enough to change something that important, yet. Then maybe a VFG and certainly optics down the line, probably mounted on an Ultimak or side scope mount.

This is my first Saiga, first conversion, first rifle and even my first gun. I'm pleased with it.

post-24871-094096200 1276666080_thumb.jpg

post-24871-041846000 1276666096_thumb.jpg

post-24871-073816700 1276666110_thumb.jpg

Edited by SAIGA-Genesis
  • Like 1

ultimaksaiga.jpg

aimpointsized.jpg

Saiga 7.62 X 39

ACE Stock (US Made)

Tapco Saw Pistol Grip (US Made)

ACE Internal Block (US Made)

Tapco FCG (US Made)

Surefire 15 Round Magazines (US Made) (NJ Limit)

Ultimak Gas Tube (US Made)

Ultimak Tri Rail (US Made)

Ultimak Rail covers (US Made)

Aimpoint H1 4MOA Reflex Sight (US Made)

Edited by DamagedWorld
  • Like 1

Here's mine.

Ultimak gas tube rail.

Kreb's custom top rail.

Ergo hand guard rails.

Tapco FCG.

K-Var stock.

Hogue pistol grip.

SureFire light.

Makes sense, let me know if you're thinking about selling either the Ultimak or the Krebs. Nice paint job, btw.

Here's my gun. Was debating on cutting the tang and I finally decided to do it last night. Thinking about replacing the UTG all ready. It's definitely solid and plenty functional, just a bit heavy and the gun feels lopsided, especially with the light-weight Ace stock.

Tapco G2 FCG

Ace Skeleton Stock with folding mechanism and DPH internal receiver block

Hogue Pistol Grip

New Circle 10 Bulgarian Waffle

UTG Saiga Quad Rail

Dinzag bullet guide

Next up is probably going to be a threaded FSB and a real brake. I have US mag followers for when I install the brake to maintain 922r compliance. Even have a US gas tube, but not sure if I'm confident enough to change something that important, yet. Then maybe a VFG and certainly optics down the line, probably mounted on an Ultimak or side scope mount.

This is my first Saiga, first conversion, first rifle and even my first gun. I'm pleased with it.

Looking good, I'd say you're off to a fine start.

Here's mine just after restoring it, I got the parts at Carolina Supply, ordered them Thursday and got them Monday. Hardest part was the BHO spring.

Spikester,

Nice to see you're into the Saiga rifles. Looks good, man!

Yeah, that BHO spring can be a witch. Fortunately, I've installed it more than a handful of times now, and it's not too bad. I figured out something that works well for me (I'm sure I'm not the first/only one who does this).

Here's what I do...

First, I put a little bend in the short leg of the spring (like they show on the Carolina Shooters Supply video). Then, I put the pin through the trigger, then the BHO spring and then the hole on the right side of the receiver...first. Next, I take a pair of skinny, long needle-nose pliers and lift the bend end of the short leg of the spring onto the "nub" on the BHO.

I've found this method works easier than trying to put the short leg of the spring on the BHO first, holding it there, and trying to get the trigger pin through the BHO spring and to seat into the hole on the right side of the receiver. The short leg of the spring always seemed to fall off the "nub" on the BHO. So, one day I just improvised...and viola!

The first time I did this, it was out of frustration, or maybe luck. But, then I tried it a second time, and I found it worked pretty easy. No need for dental floss, or scrunched fingers.

It's still a little tricky, but I find it works well for me. YMMV.

Again, nice job on your conversion!

2q0nbd1.jpg

Kind of a bad picture but here's mine so far.

-Arsenal Saiga SGL21-61

-Mako Pistol grip

-UTG quad rail (possibly replacing with ultimak setup when funds allow)

-Tapco mini forward grip

-Surefire 6P Defender tactical flashlight on a quick detach mount

Sometime when I run across one around here I may add a good reflex sight, Aimopoint micro if I get the ultimak or ill get an EoTech 512 or Trijicon 24mm reflex and slap it on the UTG

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

fffpatriot - The stock pictured in your post is a Bulgarian designed and manufactured Polymer skeleton stock - made by Arsenal of Bulgaria. They were initially sold thru Global Trades several years back, and have been sold thru at least one other vendor, but no longer on their site. One will have to do some searching for these. They are a superb stock for an AK - they do not have sling mounting hardware so if you are fortunate in your quest to locate one then you may consider winding the sling thru one of the braces or ordering some attachment hardware and polymer attachment screws from K- - - -. They can be camo - painted with polymer or plastic paint in the pattern of choice, then given numerous coats of polyurethane coatings in clear matte finish or in clear shiny if that's the preference. I have one in the original black polymer on a Polish AKM kit build with Global Trades Arsenal receiver - (One day, when I grow up I'll provide a photo) - K- --- could make a bit of money selling these - Arsenal of Bulgaria's main AK designer Ivan Kolev designed that stock from what I understand. It is strong enough to remove the middle brace running forward of bottom of handguard, and still provide a stable more pistol grip look. I like them just as they are however.

Here is mine, Im sorry to say that I didnt convert it myself. It has been professionally converted and refinished by Mr Tom Cole of Cadiz Gun Works. It includes:

the US magazine shown

Professionally welded, blended and refinished, as well as test fired.

Bullet guide is installed to allow use of AK47 Magazines.

AK buttstock

Saw grip

Galil Handguard with aftermarket handguard retainer

post-24335-065954800 1278973370_thumb.jpg

Im not sure whats inside as far as FCG goes or anything else for that matter. Hopefully by the end of the week it'll be in my hands.

My Saiga 7.62x39 with Russian Plum. Texas Trigger FCG. US made clone AK-103 MB on Bulgy GB. US made Izhmash grip by Ronin. Us Followers. US piston. Bushnell Trophy Red Dot on BP-02. Russian 1000m RSL. Russian gas tube.

4789568794_4b7a0555fd_b.jpg

4788939297_02b4517b65_b.jpg

4789568784_bacc20cc14_b.jpg

4788939279_f97e19fd1b_b.jpg

4789568844_41fa065a61_b.jpg

Edited by GregM1
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I gotta get me some of those Bulgie waffle mags...they look great!

Here's my Saiga -- with a 6-position collapsible, side-folding stock.

Jim

Where did you find the collapsible/folding stock?

Seeing as how that post is 3 years old and he might not respond: http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-254/ACE-Saiga-folding-AR15/Detail

• Like 1

Beautiful stuff.. just got mine in yesterday.. just recently joined the fourm.. can wait to convert!

38455_703242918802_41103897_39469034_3597479_n.jpg

Wow, someone finally posted a Saiga as is on the Saiga forum. To bad it won't stay that way long. A stock Saiga must not be good enough for most on the Saiga forum?

Edited by ekim
  • Like 1

Wow, someone finally posted a Saiga as is on the Saiga forum. To bad it won't stay that way long. A stock Saiga must not be good enough for most on the Saiga forum?

the factory saiga is fine if you lack appreciation for a nice clean smooth fire control group.. coupled with a well balanced rifle.. if you do NOT like those things.. a stock saiga is IDEAL, and would be perfect for you!..

• Like 1

the factory saiga is fine if you lack appreciation for a nice clean smooth fire control group.. coupled with a well balanced rifle.. if you do NOT like those things.. a stock saiga is IDEAL, and would be perfect for you!..

lol :lol: Well put.

Here's my "stock" Saiga 7.62x39:

57978035.jpg

62016048.jpg

I'll get better pics the next time I'm out at "the range".

The rifle, as pictured, has changed very little from the way it was sold. I changed out the K-Var plum popsicle stick for an ATI pistol grip, (amazingly comfortable), substituted a Tapco G2 for the Arsenal trigger group, added a new black Bulgarian AK sling, a PK-A 1MOA red dot on a BP-02 side mount, and a Chinese 75-rnd drum for aesthetic value. :D

Even with all that, she's still pretty "stock".

Edited by post-apocalyptic