Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

frickin awesome gun PA. especially since it looks so much like mine. even with the BP-02 & Red Dot. I do not have a drum though...yet.

Thanks, Greg. Yeah, we seem to have similarly good taste. ;)

I just got this new PK-A w, and my only gripe is how long they made the "legs" that attach to the weaver rail on my BP-02. They could have made em half as long without affecting function and the scope'd sit that much lower. Oh well, good thing I have a long neck. :D

It does seem to be built pretty damn solidly and has a 1MOA red dot, which is uncommon, (most are at least 1.5MOA).

It rained today so I haven't zeroed it yet. Hopefully I'll have some sunshine tomorrow.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Wow, someone finally posted a Saiga as is on the Saiga forum. To bad it won't stay that way long. A stock Saiga must not be good enough for most on the Saiga forum?

the factory saiga is fine if you lack appreciation for a nice clean smooth fire control group.. coupled with a well balanced rifle.. if you do NOT like those things.. a stock saiga is IDEAL, and would be perfect for you!..

lol :lol: Well put.

Here's my "stock" Saiga 7.62x39:

57978035.jpg

62016048.jpg

I'll get better pics the next time I'm out at "the range".

The rifle, as pictured, has changed very little from the way it was sold. I changed out the K-Var plum popsicle stick for an ATI pistol grip, (amazingly comfortable), substituted a Tapco G2 for the Arsenal trigger group, added a new black Bulgarian AK sling, a PK-A 1MOA red dot on a BP-02 side mount, and a Chinese 75-rnd drum for aesthetic value. :D

Even with all that, she's still pretty "stock".

That looks like a Tommy gun on steroids. Awesome!

very nice PA, i got one of those ATI grips last month and its the best money ive spent for a long time - never could get on with the standard plastic grip (normally had wood on it just for the better grip profile)

The thing I like the most about the ATI grips is that they use the original full-length AK pg screw. That adds a degree of stability/uniformity that most aftermarket pg's lack. They're also the most downright comfortable AK grips that I've ever used. They fit my (largish) hands pretty perfectly.

ymmv.

^ That's a major improvement, man! :up: Did you polish the bolt carrier etc. yourself? Also, nice 40-rnd Bulgarian mag! :super:

I sure did! Did it all myself. What fun too. I love those 40 rounders. Got plenty of others too. Korean, German, Russian, Bulgarian.

^ That's a major improvement, man! :up: Did you polish the bolt carrier etc. yourself? Also, nice 40-rnd Bulgarian mag! :super:

I sure did! Did it all myself. What fun too. I love those 40 rounders. Got plenty of others too. Korean, German, Russian, Bulgarian.

Well, nice job. She looks great! I have a mirror-polished bolt, bolt carrier etc etc LSA performance Saiga-12, but my Saiga 7.63x39 wears the factory finish, as I'm sure you saw in my post above.

40-rnders are sweet, but drums are better. ;) I own mainly 30-rnd combloc steel and circle-10 Bulgarian mags, as well as a couple 40-rnders and 75-rnd Chinese drums.

Well, nice job. She looks great! I have a mirror-polished bolt, bolt carrier etc etc LSA performance Saiga-12, but my Saiga 7.63x39 wears the factory finish, as I'm sure you saw in my post above.

40-rnders are sweet, but drums are better. ;) I own mainly 30-rnd combloc steel and circle-10 Bulgarian mags, as well as a couple 40-rnders and 75-rnd Chinese drums.

Well, now that I've got my conversion out of the way, I can splurge on drums :devil:

S50304552.jpg

You out Plumed the rest.... :super: WB

Heavy praise, coming from you, Sal. By keeping the popsicle stick and getting a plum Bulgarian 40-rnder, (nice, Indyk), he did manage that.

That is a SGL-series rifle, (looks like a SGL21-62). You did register that, right, Sal? :angel:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Heavy praise, coming from you, Sal. By keeping the popsicle stick and getting a plum Bulgarian 40-rnder, (nice, Indyk), he did manage that.

That is a SGL-series rifle, (looks like a SGL21-62). You did register that, right, Sal? :angel:

I like his rifle a lot also but thats not a 40 is it? it looks like a 30 to me. I almost kept the plum grip on mine but that ishmash style feels much better. Why cant the russians release the formula for that color now that they don't use it anymore. maybe they will sell it like everything else.

I like his rifle a lot also but thats not a 40 is it? it looks like a 30 to me. I almost kept the plum grip on mine but that ishmash style feels much better. Why cant the russians release the formula for that color now that they don't use it anymore. maybe they will sell it like everything else.

My mistake, that's not a 40-rnder, it's a 30-rnd mag. I'm slightly impaired ;) so it was a typo.

LOL! Only an SGL could get that plum bro! Sadly the K-Var Plum does not match the Russian Plum Bayonet or it would be soooo much more jucy!

Edited by bigsal

No bullseyes. :(

You're kind of all over the place on that target. Remember to not anticipate the recoil, squeeze the trigger in a smooth motion, and hold your breath before firing. These general techniques can all increase your accuracy a bit. Try, try again. ;)

Righton, thanks. I've actually been working on my breathing. Haven't thought about recoil really but now I'll take that into consideration. Thanks for the advice!

Here's my recently converted Saiga. I still need to install a bullet guide and want to thread the barrel for a muzzle device. My other Russian friend is also shown.

Tapco communist length buttstock

UTG Quadrail foregrip

Single-hook trigger group

A couple things I did different:

- Installed axis pins in the two holes left by moving the trigger forward. Not exactly simple but not too hard either.

- Used one of the leftover springs to keep tension on the BHO lever. Spring is mounted on one of the rear axis pins.

Russians.jpg

Pins-2.jpg

BHO-Spring.jpg

Here are a few updated pics of my Saiga 7.62x39:

newflip0390000319.jpg

newflip0390002018.jpg

newflip0390013609.jpg

As you've probably noticed, the BP-02 and PK-A have been replaced with a PK-23/PK-23-01/PDK-23, (I've seen all three used to describe the device), 1 MOA blinking red dot scope.

This last pic shows the designation marking on the left hand side of my scope. I "get" the red "PK-23-01" lettering but I'd appreciate some help translating the extra cyrillic on the top line:

98738063.jpg

This is different than almost all the PK-23 markings I can find in online pictures. Can anyone help me translate it? :unsure:

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 2

Here are a few updated pics of my Saiga 7.62x39:

newflip0390000319.jpg

newflip0390002018.jpg

newflip0390013609.jpg

As you've probably noticed, the BP-02 and PK-A have been replaced with a PK-23/PK-23-01/PDK-23, (I've seen all three used to describe the device), 1 MOA blinking red dot scope.

This last pic shows the designation marking on the left hand side of my scope. I "get" the red "PK-23-01" lettering but I'd appreciate some help translating the extra cyrillic on the top line:

98738063.jpg

This is different than almost all the PK-23 markings I can find in online pictures. Can anyone help me translate it? :unsure:

Ey yo, lemme FTS. Lookin' good ;)