Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

here is my 20" barrel saiga 7.63x39 project,so far it has a tapco trigger group,gas piston and 20 round mag,and romanian surplus wood, i ordered some other stuff for it and it should be done next week,when it's done i will post another picture.

here are some before and afters so far.

post-26836-087962400 1284233397_thumb.jpg

post-26836-007107100 1284233417_thumb.jpg

Edited by freddy g
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

here is my 20" barrel saiga 7.63x39 project,so far it has a tapco trigger group,gas piston and 20 round mag,and romanian surplus wood, i ordered some other stuff for it and it should be done next week,when it's done i will post another picture.

How did you remove the front sight? I've looked everywhere and never found a clear answer.

How did you remove the front sight? I've looked everywhere and never found a clear answer.

very simple! I just knocked out the two front sight pins with a small hammer and a small drift pin,then took a small snap-on plastic/rubber hammer and tapped the front sight forward ,and about 6 light hits it was off! I first cut off the fake ugly usless saiga weld on brake with a little pipe cutter, but the ugly weld was all over the front sight so i just bought a new front sight and brake. hope that helps! if not ask away.........................fred

• Like 1

Here are pics of my Norinco - Chinese made AK-47. 7.62x39.

The mount is obviously on the replacement dust cover.

I have a dura-coated dustcover to match if I want to go back to iron sights.

It is dura-coated. Forest Green, Forest Brown, and Colt Grey. Ya I know it's wierd.

8 30 Round Magazines

1 40 Round Magazine.

1 75 Round Drum.

The AK is equipped with NCStar Red Dot Optics. The optics require the small nickel sized battery.

Same as a CMOS battery...on computer motherboard.

Nice to know if you need to replace your battery in the midst of chaos...lots of computers will be holding useless CMOS batteries.

AK001.jpg

AK002.jpg

Edited by strong220

My Saiga has undergone a few changes over the last few months. Here is the current configuration.

ACE ultralight stock

Hogue grip

RAM Speed Catch

Molot scope mount

Leupold 1-4X scope (custom reticle)

FSC47 compensator

Vickers sling

XS Big Dot sights

saiga7621.jpg

saiga7622.jpg

jrmock

Hello new member to this forum. I just DROS this today in CA. Got it from a guy who did the conversion himself and hasn't been fired. What do you guys think? I also have a 16" 308 I may also convert.

All tromix parts used for conversion

never fired

takes ak mags via bullet guide

922 compliant

tromix buttstock

ergo grip

Magpul afg

gas tube and retainer converted to take ak parts

MI rail system

10/20 mag

Assault planet BB

5ea4da88.jpg

39f9cffb-1.jpg

285fd667.jpg

09b9fd6d-1.jpg

dddc4d0f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

my saiga 7.62, next week im doing the dark earth tapco ak conversion, cant wait, and i will be adding on the tactical ak47 foregrip with the rails for a vertical grip, sorry for the bad quality pics, but my galaxy s phone takes crappy pics at night, the updated pics after the conversion will be better quality.

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

Edited by brad8401

post-22710-039235600 1287137392_thumb.jpg

This is my new weapon ,All the work was done at the factory on this 2010 model

Lightened trigger ,and muzzle break ,Are very rare in my country ,especially

with this stock and trigger forward and the Ak 74 fore end ,I should have bought 2,

I ditched the plastic mag and got a bunch of steels ,This gun also accepts all Ak mags ,

I won't be adding an optic as i love the iron sight and don't want to clutter up such

a nice firearm,Enjoy

I enjoy the pics of what all of you have done to your Saigas. Just bought a 7.62x39 of my own yesterday. I'm considering modifying it w/ collapsible stock, pistol grip, quad rail etc.. I only plan on shooting my Saiga on occasion [family, work, money get in the way] so I don't want to invest a great deal of time in the mods, just yet anyway. Is there any reason [for example authenticity, comfort etc.?] why guys opt for moving the trigger etc over simply adding the stock and pistol grip in place of the factory stock? Apologies to the moderator if this post is misplaced.

I enjoy the pics of what all of you have done to your Saigas. Just bought a 7.62x39 of my own yesterday. I'm considering modifying it w/ collapsible stock, pistol grip, quad rail etc.. I only plan on shooting my Saiga on occasion [family, work, money get in the way] so I don't want to invest a great deal of time in the mods, just yet anyway. Is there any reason [for example authenticity, comfort etc.?] why guys opt for moving the trigger etc over simply adding the stock and pistol grip in place of the factory stock? Apologies to the moderator if this post is misplaced.

it makes the rifle more balanced and replaces that god awful fire control group that comes with the gun...

• Like 1

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=39651

Thanks for the replies

http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=39651