Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Here is the result of initially getting the collapsing stock and SAW grip for the NON-converted Saiga, . . . realizing [after a day at the range] that the original trigger design of the "Sporterized Saiga" pretty much sucked, . . . . then getting stuff from CSS to make a complete conversion. I struggled to get the bolt hold open spring into place. After that, it was sticking down too far to where I could feel it on my finger [while it was on the trigger], so I cut it down to where, when engaged, it is flush with the receiver. Of course, the G2 trigger is TONS better than what was on there from Russia [and I'm sure they cry each time they have to put one of those "sporterized" trigger systems in their rifle].

Thanks to those who nearly told me that I would be stupid to NOT convert it.

The pics...

IMG_6126.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

The trigger and Billet trigger guard.

IMG_6128.jpg

The G2 trigger

IMG_6133.jpg

The bolt hold open engaged

IMG_6131.jpg

Here is the result of initially getting the collapsing stock and SAW grip for the NON-converted Saiga, . . . realizing [after a day at the range] that the original trigger design of the "Sporterized Saiga" pretty much sucked, . . . . then getting stuff from CSS to make a complete conversion. I struggled to get the bolt hold open spring into place. After that, it was sticking down too far to where I could feel it on my finger [while it was on the trigger], so I cut it down to where, when engaged, it is flush with the receiver. Of course, the G2 trigger is TONS better than what was on there from Russia [and I'm sure they cry each time they have to put one of those "sporterized" trigger systems in their rifle].

The pics...

IMG_6126.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

The trigger and Billet trigger guard.

IMG_6128.jpg

The G2 trigger

IMG_6133.jpg

The bolt hold open engaged

IMG_6131.jpg

so you used the same grip that was supposed to connect to the collapsible stock? I don't want to buy another pg if i don't have to.

No. I absolutely had to buy another SAW grip that works with the converted Saiga. The other one didn't line up. I suppose if you are REAL good, you could dremel it to work, but it is probably better to just get a new one.

aww dammit, oh well they're not that expensive

No. I absolutely had to buy another SAW grip that works with the converted Saiga. The other one didn't line up. I suppose if you are REAL good, you could dremel it to work, but it is probably better to just get a new one.

aww dammit, oh well they're not that expensive

True. Less than 20 bucks. Perhaps you can get someone to buy it. I'm trying to sell both my unconverted collapsing stock and SAW grip right now.

Good luck to you!

Its an NcStar red/green reflex sight think it cost me 50 bucks. Bought it just to see how it looked and if I wanted to spend money on one that was more expensive later.

Be careful! I bought the same NcStar red/green dot sight and it blew up in my face when I tried using it on a .223 - the glass screen popped out into my face and broke, luckily I was wearing safety goggles.

I have heard people say NcStar is ok, NcStar is good or whatnot, but I have tried them myself and I have had bad experiences. They are made mostly for airsoft guns, or perhaps a .22LR.

7.62x39 is gonna kill that thing, let alone the thing won't even hold zero after firing one shot.

Its an NcStar red/green reflex sight think it cost me 50 bucks. Bought it just to see how it looked and if I wanted to spend money on one that was more expensive later.

Be careful! I bought the same NcStar red/green dot sight and it blew up in my face when I tried using it on a .223 - the glass screen popped out into my face and broke, luckily I was wearing safety goggles.

I have heard people say NcStar is ok, NcStar is good or whatnot, but I have tried them myself and I have had bad experiences. They are made mostly for airsoft guns, or perhaps a .22LR.

7.62x39 is gonna kill that thing, let alone the thing won't even hold zero after firing one shot.

NcStar in my experience has been a piece of of Chinese junk.

Bought it shot 100 rnds through it, converted it and it shoots so much better and looks beautiful. Glad I found you guys couldnt have done it without you all ! Special shout out to Carolina Shooters Supply for the fair prices and to Dinzag for the awesome instructions

-Matt

Saiga 7.62 $455 with tax, conversion parts and magazines $202, doing the conversion and bragging to your friends about it ? PRICELESS

post-33490-0-90240000-1305787702_thumb.jpg

post-33490-0-43401800-1305787737_thumb.jpg

post-33490-0-67697100-1305787772_thumb.jpg

post-33490-0-63151200-1305787787_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Finally finished.

Primary Arms red dot. Good reviews and it can withstand the recoil of the AK.

UTG Quad rail. Yeah not the best, and sits high, but I did grind down a decent chunk off so the top and bottom rails fit flush against each other with enough pressure to keep it from moving.

I did get the bullet-guide in to use AK mags, but with local DA in Long Island running a vendetta against gun-shop owners and owners of "Assault Weapons" I'll stick to using the 10 round mags.

ran56w.jpg

2iufc3p.jpg

fana7p.jpg

2qcniw7.jpg

What handguard is that and where could I get it? Very nice conversion.

if you dont mind what are the Numbers for ?

i number my mags

i seen a pic of guys with numbers on their black AK stocks, so i just threw random digits on there cuz i thought it looked cool.

my finished product...

UTG Quad Rail

UTG Tactical Bipod

Padded Stock Pad

Bushnell Red Dot

excuse the bad picture....

The front is finished, now get to the rear. :devil:

• Like 1

What handguard is that and where could I get it? Very nice conversion.

Thank you!

Yes, it is a Tapco handguard and a Magpul AFG. It isn't traditional, but it is the less expensive way to go, and is quite functional.

Hey guys, I'm trying to find a more comfortable stock for my x39 (it's an SGL21) I'd like to keep a traditional look to the gun though. The Warsaw stock just isn't very comfortable on the shoulder.

Just grab yourself one of these:

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-363/AK47-Saiga-Orignal-Recoil/Detail

Post a pic when you get it