Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

Mine is the intrafuse as well, I bought it with the intention of not converting and then I ended up doing so, fortunately the pull is not really a huge issue for me since I am as tall as I am, it really is not uncomfortable. I probably will swap it maybe even for the ak-47 t6 I dont know if there is any difference between the two except where the extra lenght is for the pg in the front.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Mine is the intrafuse as well, I bought it with the intention of not converting and then I ended up doing so, fortunately the pull is not really a huge issue for me since I am as tall as I am, it really is not uncomfortable. I probably will swap it maybe even for the ak-47 t6 I dont know if there is any difference between the two except where the extra lenght is for the pg in the front.

yeah it doesn't bother me much either. I'm 6'3"

This is my first Saiga conversion, although it looks much different from the first time I slapped a pistol grip on it. I was lucky enough to find furniture, a bayonet, magazine, and sling all made by Izhmash. Now I just need to get the balls to swap the fsb and gas block so I can install the bayonet.

Thanks for looking!

...and yes its 922r compliant

US made items:

1: trigger

2: hammer

3: disconnector

4: gas piston

5: follower

ssaiga.jpg

Edited by BashyMcNasty
  • Like 3

New guy here. I have an ultra rare (insert sarcasm) fully stock Saiga 7.62x39. I bought this as a complimentary weapon to my SKS as they share the same ammunition. Love the rifle, and I'm currently looking online to buy a 16" .308 Saiga, and then maybe eventually a .223 or 5.45. I may alter this rifle later, but for now it's a fine rifle. May not be after I "moderfy it".

DSC003202.jpg

• Like 1
Well, mine's almost done, i got a ultimak lower coming in for it and a vert. front grip. so far, here it is.......

P4030023.jpg

P4030025.jpg

So far its got a Ergo rhino-hide grip, G2 trigger group modified by TROMIX, Surefire Clear mag, Tapco gas piston (maybe USA bolt carrier group if i can find one) and thats a CAA stock, yes yes, i know, CAA isn't US made, but it'll be ok when its done ;) Also adding Ace's front site after the lower rail goes on it :D

That mag is badass!!

how do you like that caa rear stock?

saiga762finalvlad.JPG

saiga762finalvlad2.JPG

saiga762finalvlad3.JPG

saiga762finalvlad4.JPG

Saiga 7.62x39

Ace Stock

Ace Internal Block

Dinzag Tapco G2 FCG

Hogue Grip

Tromix Charging Handle

Surefire 15 Round Magazine

Kvar Lower Handguard

CSS Lower Handguard Retainer

Ultimak Gas Tube

Vltor Quick Release Flashlight Mount

Surefire G2

Aimpoint H1

how do you like that rear stock?i'm looking for a rear stock i want something longer than my arsenal warsaw stock.

Well NOW came over this past weekend and I wanted to do a retro on my 7.62x39. This is how it turned out.

LOVE the Olive Drab :super:

Thanks! I saw another one on this thread some time back and I had an itch to get the K-Var OD stock set from Dinzag. Thought about doing it in plum but I'm glad I went with OD

LOVE the Olive Drab :super:

Thanks! I saw another one on this thread some time back and I had an itch to get the K-Var OD stock set from Dinzag. Thought about doing it in plum but I'm glad I went with OD

I've got the Plum on mine. I like seeing different K-Var colors :)

Looks like a lot of great new additions to the community!! Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to get my rifle back up and running. Still gotta buy my FSB, GB, and of course my BG. If only I had the time :(

saiga762finalvlad.JPG

saiga762finalvlad2.JPG

saiga762finalvlad3.JPG

saiga762finalvlad4.JPG

Saiga 7.62x39

Ace Stock

Ace Internal Block

Dinzag Tapco G2 FCG

Hogue Grip

Tromix Charging Handle

Surefire 15 Round Magazine

Kvar Lower Handguard

CSS Lower Handguard Retainer

Ultimak Gas Tube

Vltor Quick Release Flashlight Mount

Surefire G2

Aimpoint H1

how do you like that rear stock?i'm looking for a rear stock i want something longer than my arsenal warsaw stock.

love it.. feels durable enough to smash in a vault door.. lol

What stock is that? Looking for something similar for my .308 Saiga.

It's Choate Dragunov stock, comes with AK74 stile handguard, but handguard has no heatshield and melted on my saiga to the point of starting to float freely in the handguard retainer. it was only after 3 mags of rapid fire :)

here are some Saiga in action pics from my 4th of July camping:

america1-vi.jpg

DSC01778-vi.jpg

0001707926024_482834_6284963_o-vi.jpg

• Like 2

Finally finished most of my "restoration" and wanted to drop a couple of pics on here and thank everyone for their knowledge. Every question I had was answered by searching the archives here. In the future I'd like to add a muzzle brake/flash hider (pretty sure mine's threaded under there) and some optics, but I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out. As a Cold War child I definitely wanted the original wood look and thought the foregrip on the Romanian version looked pretty badass. Gotta take it out to the range this weekend to see if it actually still works.

Parts installed:

- CSS bullet guide

- Romanian stock set and gas tube from APEX (refinished darker to match the pistol grip)

- Saiga-AK lower handguard retainer

- Tapco G2 FCG

- Angled trigger guard from Dinzag

post-33243-0-85860200-1310139659_thumb.jpg

post-33243-0-79941300-1310139643_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

SO until i figure out how to put the MD Arms PG on my rifle looks like this

Does that pistol grip in the picture accept 1911 grips? It looks just like them.

Yeah it does kinda cool huh

i just like the feel of 1911 grips

too bad i dont have any dif grips other than black lol

pm me if u want and ill link you where i got it from

Edited by dieb4iwake
  • Like 1

This is my work in progress, soon my stock will be an arsenal warsaw, my forearm will be the sgm tri rail, and it will have a gas tube with a vented steel upper handguard. For now it has a texas ak trigger group, phantom flash hider, hogue grip and dinzag bullet guide plus a few steel mags. It has never malfunctioned and probably never will. I am beyond happy with this project.

post-31894-0-22028100-1310446654_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

There are some fantastically original projects on this thread. 027.gif

I was going for more of a slimmed-down "everything you need, nothing you don't" theme on this one, it being my first. Further plans still include a '74-style muzzle brake to complete the AK-103 cloning process, and a fast-acquisition optic like a Kobra or similar, but the major work is finally finished. I think I filed the mag catch just a hair too much (there's just a little forward-to-back mag wobble), but some range time to make sure all is well will answer that question. All in all it was fun, and it's time to go shooting.

Dinzag:

Bullet guide

Gas piston

Trigger guard

Screw-on lower hand-guard retainer

Gas tube

Pistol grip nut

Plastic hole plugs

Steel FCG pin retainer plate

K-Var:

All furniture

Gas tube "rattle" spring

Lower hand-guard retainer spring

Milsurpstuff.com:

Tapco single-hook G2 FCG (mostly because Dinzag was sold out at the time of order)

Red Star Arms:

Hogue pistol grip

LULA mag loader

SDC15092.jpg

Edited by DanTheEldest

This is my first Saiga conversion, although it looks much different from the first time I slapped a pistol grip on it. I was lucky enough to find furniture, a bayonet, magazine, and sling all made by Izhmash. Now I just need to get the balls to swap the fsb and gas block so I can install the bayonet.

Thanks for looking!

...and yes its 922r compliant

US made items:

1: trigger

2: hammer

3: disconnector

4: gas piston

5: follower

ssaiga.jpg

Beautiful work! The Classic AK look! I bet it shoots sweet too. I hope to do something similar with mine.