Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

it's the US Palm Battle Grip. shouldn't be more than $35 online. it has a rubber "door" on the bottom that opens to a storage compartment for batteries and what not. FANTASTIC grip. it really adjusts the angle of your hand better than any other AK grip out there that I have encountered.

be advised you will need a long-handled allen wrench (or a t-handled one) to install the grip since it has a short bolt to allow for storage.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

I got most of my conversion done last night. I was originally gonna go with the Timbersmith black laminate kit but couldn't find all the necessary parts in stock at one place so I decided to go a different route due to my impatience, The black laminate will have to wait for the next one. The only thing left as far as this conversion goes is a hand guard. I am now looking at options for a U.S. made aluminum rail in FDE but there aren't many out there so I might research a little about getting one painted(any suggestions?). I went with CAA stock and PG, CSS trigger guard, Tromix modified FGC, Tapco gas piston for compliance, JTE hammer spring, and a bullet guide. Thanks again to CSS for the goodies, and thanks to all the members of this site for an invaluable library of info. Oh yeah here's the pics:

ohsVy.jpg

AAOsD.jpg

Willy you could probably get any rail painted to match. Or you could leave it black and throw dark earth rail covers over the sections you don't use. Or you could get one of those Magpul AFG's in dark earth, just got mine in black and lovin it. But I do like the look of painted rails :super:

Here is my latest pic of my rifle. It's not done, I know, but give a man some time. The next thing to do will be to install a cheapish (yes, I am....) bullet guide. And then after that a new gas tube and a LHG retainer. Also, since I'm planning on a nice new handguard set, I had some fun and put a strip of rail on the stock handguard. It, combined with the rail covers, enlarges the grip and makes the rifle more comfertable to hold and shoot. I plan on getting a stubby TAPCO grip to put on there for a sort of improvised AFG.

post-34855-0-68357100-1314149915_thumb.jpg

post-34855-0-42053900-1314149922_thumb.jpg

Here is my Krebs 103K Carbine I added the deep mahogany HG , Hogue grip ,and Mako folder with adjustable cheek riser !!!

Is this Mako folder stock 922-r compliant? Looks really nice. Thinking to replace stock on my Arsenal - SGL21 ...

Great looking saiga! I have the same stock. But ive always wondered if the 7.62 cal. Can be done like the 74 style ak folding nato stock. How much, what accessories are needed, and did u have to put holes in ur reciever for the locking mechanism inorder to lock the stock on its side? Sorry to many qstns. Great rifle.

oa_cr.jpg

oa_ol.jpg

rec_ld.jpg

mb_r.jpg

Work done by AZEX

Finally got the nerve up to do the conversion after 6 months of hemming & hawing, very easy to do with the videos available on youtube.com and the great kits available from CSS. Can't believe I psyched myself our for so long, the rifle feels totally different in balance, comfort & handling. I put in the bullet guide to take advantage of cheap mags and the JTE power spring to smooth out the trigger pull. I'm in love!

Edited by Venia

Finally got the nerve up to do the conversion after 6 months of hemming & hawing, very easy to do with the videos available on youtube.com and the great kits available from CSS. Can't believe I psyched myself our for so long, the rifle feels totally different in balance, comfort & handling. I put in the bullet guide to take advantage of cheap mags and the JTE power spring to smooth out the trigger pull. I'm in love!

Another awesome first post, new DIY conversion, with owner saying how easy it was and how much better the rifle is afterwards.

Welcome to S12.com! :super:

Another awesome first post, new DIY conversion, with owner saying how easy it was and how much better the rifle is afterwards.

Welcome to S12.com! :super:

hey -- thanks for the welcome Chile!

Before:

DSCF0614.jpg

After:

DSCF0746.jpg

DSCF0740.jpg

DSCF0741.jpg

I really liked the wood look, but I fire surplus ammo... I didn't like getting the wood wet when I'd clean it, so I took the Vltor/MOE off the S12 and put it on the rifle. The US Palm/Aimpoint micro system is awesome! It's a little heavier than I'd like but it's taken my speed and accuracy to a new level that my old eyes couldn't have imagined. Today's little project is to swap the the leaf sight with the one on my Draco.

I'll be keeping the Bulgy 74 like it is, it's too pretty to make it all evil looking and junk. 000.gif

DSCF0732.jpg

Edited by mammynun